Birthday Present

Evening…
As I mentioned to a few of you earlier in the summer, my wife has bought me tickets to the Saturday of Glorious Goodwood, which is this Saturday coming.

Any thoughts on horses to follow would be much appreciated - along with any other useful info like which side of the draw is favoured or which jockeys or trainers tend to do well.

thanks in advance… :horse_racing: :pound: :smile:

Hi John - I’ll be in on this but will need to wait until Friday before I dissect the card. By then it should be easier to see what affect the draw if having, until then, the following website should appeal to your analytical mind

Keep an eye on the weather down there and let us know how its looking.
Give your missus a big thumbs up from me…mine was supposed to get Ebor tickets for me this morning for my birthday late in August and it’s now sold out :frowning2:

1 Like

Cheers Dean - will look at the site and will appreciate any pointers… and you need to have a stern word with your missus I think !!

Interesting - have a good day Jon.

1 Like

Olbg I’ve found is a good site to aid gambling.

1 Like

I will put some picks up for Saturday. I’d use them at your own peril though! I never do well at Goodwood or Ascot big flat meets. Too many runners, lol.

Over at the Galway Festival later today I like the look of Road To Riches (5.30) bloody good horse that I have always enjoyed following and should be better than the others after having a quick glance at the card.

He’s the best horse no doubt but is giving weight all around and the ground is a little softer than he’d like. Clarcam if he returns to his juvenile form would be a danger.

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, although he always carries that weight. I’d be amazed if he stands up if he doesn’t finish in the top 5. But, this is a funny old sport. :innocent:

The Tullow Tank looks a big price although never ran in a handicap before.

1 Like

Yeah best horse in the race won this by 11 lengths in 2014 I definitely agree with that. The reason Clarcam appeals as an alternative is that hes young and has been talented. Shantou Flyer is another who might run well. TTT is never a horse I really liked although 25s is a big price and he’s better in Ireland

1 Like

Pulled up, made a blunder, was kicked, lost a shoe and was found to be slightly lame. You couldn’t make it up! :blush:

No worries, was busy at work all day so no chance to get a bet on… i will assume you are getting all the losers out of the way before saturday!!

1 Like

Okay I found a little bit of form today. Had 3 quid left in my totesport account. Turned it into 239!

2 Likes

Crikey! Great work fella - but save some of those winners for Saturday :smile:

1 Like

No pressure or anything! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Nice Malky Top betting that

1 Like

Wow - why cant I get on things like that - aka winners… well done TheMalcyBarKid.

1 Like

I hope you have a great day Jon.

Having looked at the card all I can say is … oh my, good luck! You’ve got the odds on favourite in the fillies group 1 that should clean up and then you’ve get the extreme opposite in the handicaps which all look extremely tricky. Anything could win these and with that in mind I am searching for some each way long-shot squeaks.

2.00 Fairway To Heaven 40/1 - Right at the bottom of the handicap. Not won for a while but last win was off of a mark 9 lb higher. If it rains and the going changes considerably I’d expect this price to shorten. How many runners in this race? My mouse kept scrolling for ages! Crikey.

2.35 Emperor Napoleon 11/1 - I’ve picked this one out based on the trainer/jockey combo of Andrew Balding and David Probert. They seem to be doing okay at the minute when they team up. The horse is upped quite a bit in weight and this is a tougher race but looks to be in with a chance.

3.45 Rivellino 33/1 - Top sprinter that I have followed in the past to great gains. He looks overpriced in another huge field. At the top of the betting Orion’s Bow has had an impressive season so far winning good races in some style.

Fingers crossed. I hope whatever you back you find some winners. :horse_racing:

1 Like

Awesome stuff - much appreciated Malc, I will make sure I back one or two of those :thumbsup: :horse_racing: :moneybag:

1 Like