Big Bash 2023/24 (CricketXI.com) £5 Money Leagues

G’day there,

The ODI World Cup may be over and Australia may be world champions but fantasy cricket does not have to end. Australia’s domestic T20 cricket tournament is just around the corner and I am running my usual two very small stakes money leagues - Classic and Head-to-Head style (each just £5 GBP to enter).

The Head-to-Head style league can have a maximum of 16 teams/entrants. The Classic open style league has no limits on the number of entrants. Shortly before the tournament starts, I will delete any unpaid for teams. Also, the H2H league if getting near to being full I will delete unpaid for teams/entrants to allow a paid entrant to join should someone pay straight away to gazump a person who joined but is tardy in paying.

The Big Bash 2023/24 season lasts just under 8 weeks:

Thursday, 7 December 2023 – Wednesday, 24 January 2024.

I’ve set up 2 leagues - one is an ‘open’ league where you’re all on a ladder based on your total fantasy points scored. The other is a ‘head to head’ type league where you play one other team from the league each round and you win, lose or tie. A win is 4 points, a Tie 2 points and a loss 0 points. That decides your position in the league with tie breakers to split teams such as points % (difference between points scored and points scored against you). In the ‘head to head’ league there are play offs over the final rounds for the teams that make it.

To make it interesting and create a prize for each league winner l take an entry fee of £5 for each league.

People are welcome to join one or both leagues and I hope people will feel £5 GBP is not much at all. All entry fees go back out in the way of prizes - both leagues are ‘Winner Takes All’. The season starts (Round 1) 08:15am, 7th December (GMT). If you’re not in the UK please work out what time that is for your location.

If you don’t know the score regards paying (likely, if your new to my money games) or want a reminder just PM me from here (TFP forum) with your e-mail address and I will send back details. You can partake from anywhere in the world - it’s not an issue.

Best regards,

bluelionman / Noel Symonds
Fan Pub Founding Member

Classic Open League

League Name: WINNER TAKES ALL

Join Code: UIKYPHIS

Head to Head League

League Name: Winner Takes All

Join Code: CWRJRBUU

Link to games website: CricketXI

All game rules etc., are the websites and can be found under the HELP tab on site but to aid you here is a link to their points scoring, league rules, transfers, FAQ’s etc: Big Bash 2023/24 Help

To let people know state of play I will bold and cricket bat :cricket_bat_and_ball: you when I have received payment for your entry:

Open Classic - WINNER TAKES ALL (7)

Darwin Awards | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Silverchair | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Kookabuhs | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

The Huntsman | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Humpty Doo Galahs | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Going down under | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Bashers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Head to Head - Winner Takes All (10)

Darwin Awards | Andy S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Daniel SAMS is a KNOB | Dale E :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Silverchair | Tom B :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Kookabuhs | Mark P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

The Huntsman | Noel S :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Going down under | Gareth H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Oh Yes Ngidi | Jack S :cricket_bat_and_ball: (no contact details for)

Big Bash Bears | Douglas H :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Humpty Doo Galahs | Marc P :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Skeptical Bashers | Rory L :cricket_bat_and_ball:

If any one new is joining or has joined my leagues please make contact ASAP!

Edit: Alas I had trouble getting my PC to work this morning and by the time I got online it was too late to not only delete unknown entrants but also check my starting team so I am stuck with my original draft but this also means we may have interlopers in the leagues. Anyone who does not contact me and pay entry fee(s) before Round 2 starts will be called out & blacklisted (added to my welchers list) which will mean they can’t enter any future games of mine for a period of 1 calendar year. I will also confirm prizes at the start of round 2 which could be less if sadly some of the new joiners welch.

You can see who has/has not paid in the list above. If you’re not marked off as paid - contact me ASAP (Private Message me from here).

Apologies for this but in a bid to try and grow entry pool I did advertise publicly on Facebook, X (formally known as Twitter), here (TFP forum) and on Discord so people could follow link to here where they found league codes - just a shame people decide to join but then make no attempt to pay by making contact?

If you join a money league and do not pay the entry fee you’re not going to get paid out if you win - so what’s the point?

How to Watch BBL 13 - from anywhere in the world

I found an interesting article about how to view the games from all over the globe so thought I’d share it in case anyone else would be interested in actually watching the games:

Big Bash League live stream: How to watch BBL 13 cricket free online

Prizes Conformation

Okay all just to confirm everyone paid and we have 7 teams in the Classic Open league and 10 teams in the Head to Head league (which is one less in the Classic Open league and 1 more in the Head to Head league than last season) so the prizes are as follows:

Classic Open - £35
Head to Head - £50

Both being ‘Winner Takes All’ leagues.

I hope you all enjoy the contest.

:cricket_bat_and_ball:SIX!

Big congratulations to Marc Perni who won the ‘Classic Open’ as well as the ‘Head to Head’ fantasy BBL 13 leagues for 2023/24.

Marc pockets £35 prize winnings for the ‘Classic’ league and £50 prize winnings for the ‘Head to Head’ league.

Here are the final tables:

Classic Open League

Head to Head League

It’s great to see a new name winning my Cricket XI leagues but alas yet another terrible performance by me in my own CricketXI money leagues - coming dead last in both versions, same as I did last year!

I truly hated the change in transfers situation where in past T20 games you got 2 trades per round in the regular group stage but this year without warning it switched to how it is in the County Championship format whereby you get a job a lot of Trades - think it was 14 - of which you can do a maximum of 5 in any group stage game round, but when they are all gone that’s it until after the group stages. Not to mention (same as last year) how many players kept leaving the BBL to go to rival T20 franchise competitions in South Africa and United Arab Emirates having a massive effect on the BBL and it’s teams stability with players coming and going. Alas it seems that is going to be the norm every BBL going forward!

Any way if you like cricket why not join in on a future game as I do plan to run these small stakes money leagues annually on the 4 major T20 tournaments from around the world (IPL, CPL, Blast and Big Bash). Those being the Indian, Caribbean, English & Welsh plus Australian domestic T20 tournaments. I will also do the (ECB) County Championship - each league is just a fiver (£5 GBP) to enter and winners Scoops the pot, Simples! :cricket_bat_and_ball: :ok_hand:t2: :cricket_bat_and_ball:

Should you be interested in seeing the all time winners history from my BLM - Winner Takes All - CricketXI fantasy cricket money leagues and prize amounts won for both the Classic and Head to Head formats since I started running leagues on this game it is viewable here:

DOMESTIC FANTASY CRICKET GAMES (non TFC)‏ - League Winners History

PS I was unable to send my final results and payout e-mail to Jack Stone as I have no contact details for you so if anyone knows him please give him a heads up to this thread or if you are reading this Jack PM me with an e-mail address I can hit you up at so you don’t miss out on game invites, results e-mails for leagues you joined and other gaming e-mails going forwards. I do games on a variety of sports all year round… :soccer: :football: :rugby_football: :cricket_bat_and_ball: :checkered_flag: :biking_man: :racing_car: