ACL again and again

Given the damage I have done to my knee over the years and the rate at which NFL players go down I often question how I managed to avoid such a tear, what is it exactly and how is it cured/restored…

I found these quite informative…

An interesting read: Mariano Rivera injury: Why do so many athletes tear their ACLs?

A simple vid: Knee Ligament Anatomy Animation - YouTube

Good stuff Gordon and terrible to see how often it happens in sport. I have had two ACL reconstructions done and unfortunately, the surgeons who did the operations weren’t as good as the ones the sports stars can afford to pay (I wish I won the lottery). I am now waiting for them to come up with a bionic knee/leg, so I - once again - can enjoy all the sports I used to play.

I also have a DVD that shows the inside of my knee. It was recorded when they did the latest of the three knee arthroscopies I’ve had. It’s amazing what they can do these days and the video shows how complicated the knee mechanics are.

My hope is that they will advance in this area within the next 5 years and that I get another chance of an ACL reconstruction before I’m 50. Here’s to hoping!

Wow dude, not sure I could watch that video, not the best with looking at the inners. Good luck with the knee! Knee problems are a terrible thing for us folk that sit at computers all day. I specifically don’t play football or dance any more, as advised by the Doc.