A new NFL Blog

Thanks for the feedback guys, I’ve been getting really good feedback across all other forums and social media so it seems I’m not alone in my thoughts.

Absolutely agree with all of the points you guys have made as well - as a supporter of a smaller club in Scotland, I find the whole premise of the English Premier League / Champions League utterly grotesque. I’ll still watch my team but my passion for the game in general has died a death, I used to sit down to Super Sunday and watch back to back football all day, now you’re lucky if I even check the scores!

Someone else made an interesting point and it’s one I overlooked and that’s the wages. Now I know QB’s are on crazy money too but the way top clubs throw wages around is disgusting and for me it’s another thing the NFL/American sports have got right - salary caps. Real Madrid don’t win the league…let’s go sign another guy we can’t afford.

I honestly think more and more people are becoming disillusioned and are searching for other sports, something I very much welcome!

Absolutely spot on!

I used to play soccer at a reasonable level when at school and just beyond, I was a fan of the sport and enjoyed nothing more than watching the big games, however never did I feel like I missed it, not like I miss the American football season at times. For me there is only one reason for this, the soccer season barely stops all year round and at times it feels like soccer overload! The American football season gives us time to miss the sport but… wait, it gets better… They fill the off season with related events and windows for change just enough to keep us all enthused with speculation and intrigue. It all feels so more well thought out and entertaining than what soccer currently offers.

You point out Anders how Man UTD schooled and produced excellent British players, could not agree more and the result was a feeling of supporting a home grown British side, alas soccer has moved on from this in the UK. Its actually just as much fun to support a championship team these days because the games are more affordable and most teams are on a relatively level playing field where coaching and tactics are more telling factors, compared to “pocket depth” in the premiership.

1 Like