2015/16 Power Rankings

The nfl.com writers have put together their Power Poll for the season - Seven contenders stand out in Power Poll

Using their 4 categories, I have put together my own Power Rankings. Be interesting to see what others come up with and have a look back at the end of the season to see where we stand.

The favourites

1. Seattle Seahawks
  2. Green Bay Packers
  3. New England Patriots
  4. Philadelphia Eagles
  5. Cincinnati Bengals
  6. Indianapolis Colts

Playoff contenders

1. Kansas City Chiefs
  2. Denver Broncos
  3. Detroit Lions
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers
  5. Baltimore Ravens
  6. Dallas Cowboys
  7. Arizona Cardinals
  8. San Diego Chargers
  9. Miami Dolphins
  10. Minnesota Vikings
  11. Atlanta Falcons

Tier of mediocrity

1. Buffalo Bills
  2. New Orleans Saints
  3. New York Jets
  4. St. Louis Rams
  5. New York Giants
  6. Carolina Panthers
  7. Houston Texans

Uphill battle

1. Chicago Bears
  2. San Francisco 49ers
  3. Jacksonville Jaguars
  4. Tennessee Titans
  5. Cleveland Browns
  6. Oakland Raiders
  7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  8. Washington Redskins

Colts, Eagles & Bengals over the Cowboys? Mmm-hmmm! :smile:

Here’s the ESPN Power Rankings top 10, which I think looks pretty solid, though I’d put the Cowboys 4th, drop the Colts a few spots, and quizzically wonder if the Chiefs would be above the Cards (maybe even the Broncos if Manning falls apart this season).

1 | Seahawks | 12-4
2 | Patriots | 12-4
3 | Packers | 12-4
4 | Colts | 11-5
5 | Broncos | 12-4
6 | Cowboys | 12-4
7 | Steelers | 11-5
8 | Ravens | 10-6
9 | Eagles | 10-6
10 | Cardinals | 11-5

Also, I don’t think the 49ers will be as bad as everyone thinks, and the Texans are going 8-8 minimum which should easily place them bang in the middle at worst. I’m even tempted to bet on them winning the AFC South - then who knows, maybe AFC Finalists before losing to the Patriots!

Bengals at 5, they are currently 40-1
Am I missing something here? Could be a small each way punt, there are certainly holes in the other 5 favourites.

I’ve backed the Bengals heavily to win the Division and had a small e/w go at the Superbowl. Stacked offense and potentially gun d (once Burfict returns). Once Dalton doesn’t get in the way, I think they’ve got a great chance.

Outside my obvious Texans/Cowboys bias, I think the Steelers, Ravens and Chiefs are all quietly Superb Owl contenders this year. Well, maybe just AFC Finals for the Chiefs. The Steelers are pretty stacked though (and pretty long odds against the Pats tomorrow night, potentially worth a punt).