War Room Challenge

Hi guys can’t say I’m
Sorry I missed this!
I actually sent Gordon a mail asking if it was too late to join and within an hour we were on our way to hospital
Our son Vihaan was drafted eventually on 2nd May
Hope you are all doing well

Congrats mate on the new arrival

I thought I replied to this last week but clearly I forgot :slight_smile: Was great catching up with some of you guys again though, even if I was basically struggling to stay awake at 3am. Still think I should have come 2nd (I lost on the tie-breaker) but that would have been a bit rubbish as I basically made either random or ‘agree with the experts’ picks :smiley:

Shani, congrats on the good news fella. I wish your family well. Apologies for I did not see your email. On the day of draft I spent much of the morning sending out and replying to emails about the upcoming night. When that was done I was running around making final preparations and even spending hours on this I was still not ready on time. I guess you emailed during the afternoon some time. I would have gladly accepted had I seen it. I am however happy you gained a new family member instead.

Adam, you were unlucky to lose out on 2nd. I had to stick with the rules I posted weeks before and that still remain available online now. Sorry fella.

Who was kind enough to leave a full 12 box of carlsberg at my gaff? Thanks : )

1 Like

Great news about your boy, Shani ! Hope everyone is well

Congratulations on the new arrival :smile:

WOW! Congratulations Shani, that’s excellent news - really happy for you. As you’re in my division I hope your newborn takes up all of your time and that you won’t get to study for the draft at all (Tebow will be available lol).

Congrats also Sharni - your spare time just got massively less but am sure will be very rewarding - hopefully a future NFL fan!

Hold on there Cowboy - well Indian - aka Superstar - just to make clear this league is a total redraft league and thus Divisions are redrawn (just like the first year) by envelopes on draft day each year - so as of right now you don’t know who is in your division at this point, so Sharni could be or could not be in same one as you next season.

However the new keeper league will have that continuity season to season if your looking for that aspect as after the inaugural draft the Divisions will be locked in and remain the same year to year (with new people taking spaces only created if an existing GM does not return but slotting into that franchises pre existing division and draft spot).

Bone up on more rules for both leagues in the Live Pub Draft Weekend thread:

Noel, I didn’t know that but that’s cool - Shani can go ahead and study for the draft then :smile:

2 Likes

I suspected this was the case, I thought I recalled it being agreed before. Its a good decision LM.

By the way, I looked the other day and could not find our thread in NFLUK, has it been deleted/moved?

Unsure but I know they was not happy with it and only so much protesting got a stay of execution. Now we have here it’s not so bad if they have killed it off but sadly TFP has no where near the users NFLUK forum does - like anything takes time to grow but advertising is key - need everyone to spread the message of TFP when they are in contact with not just other NFL fans but fans of all American sports (in pubs, work, social media groups like Facebook and Twitter etc.) as that’s what Adam designed this forum for - just equally he is cool with me to piggy back on here for recruiting for all my money games and especially my live NFL drafts as that is how this site came to be.

I myself don’t follow the UK amateur American football game but I see a guy at work every now and again that coaches for one of the London teams and just yesterday he was telling me about an amazing comeback his team had last weekend against a team down in Bristol. I wished I’d had one of the TFP business cards in my wallet (do now) but if I had a bunch I would have given him 2 dozen and asked him to pass them out to his fellow brethren - things like that could really help. I mean if I’d had the box full at that meet the players event - the queue for autographs afterwards of about 400 people would of been perfect (NFL fans) to dish out cards to and create more traffic which we need to get this site more lively and help me find the punters for my games and to grow our events.

Yeah, definitely mentioning this site to American sports fans we bump into in real life would be great :smile:

One thing I wanted to use more to promote the site, is twitter - The Fan Pub twitter account is https://twitter.com/thefanpub - but recently (new job, new project) I’ve barely had time to any online stuff, let alone Twitter… so if anyone wants access to post content from TFP’s Twitter account, let me know, I’d be happy for any of the original league members to use it, as being properly and genuinely active on Twitter would really help attract new visitors.

Alternatively I might throw some money at Google adwords once the new NFL season starts :smile:

I wouldn’t mind access just to re-tweet comps and things I post here like when I am recruiting for a game or spread the word for fan events - like Dani’s IS parties and fan bus tours. Do they allow you to assign a second person own login or gust login on a/c’s?

I think you can just have the one account login, but multiple people can potentially use it (although not too many). I can email you the details in a bit once I remember/reset them :smiley:

I would be well up for posting some football stuff but life just got very busy, maybe I will get involved when things turn quieter chap

FYI - I was just on NFLUK looking for a different thread and it brought up past ones of mine and our old thread is still there - just they asked us not to post in it anymore which is a shame as with over 15,000 views it would be good to bounce it up the thread list as it’s archived now as if anyone reads my last ever post in it - it’s directing people to come here (TFP) to follow the league and get involved with it or new ones I create.

Here’s the link anyway:

http://forum.nfluk.com/showthread.php?t=102407&page=53

Nice one Noel, cheers

Congrats Shani!!!