Players needed for PPR Superflex (2QB) Fantasy League - £50 entry

Decisions, decisions. After a lot of thought and mind changing, can I select 4th please in our draft - Over to you Neil

HowieTheRookie (Dean) - 4th
ScoringSkins (Neil)
Neonadam (Adam)
Ian182 (Ian)
Thavros (David)
Ben
SJ (Sarah)
Majicman (Jonathan)
Andy
Gravlax (Ben)

Thanks Dean. Let’s see what Neil goes for!

HowieTheRookie (Dean) - 4th
ScoringSkins (Neil) - 1st
Neonadam (Adam) - 5th
Ian182 (Ian) - 2nd
Thavros (David) - 9th
Ben - 3rd
SJ (Sarah) - 6th
Majicman (Jonathan) - 7th
Andy
Gravlax (Ben)

No messing about from Neil. he’s gone straight for pick number 1!

Adam, what would you like?

I’ll take the 5th pick!

(Oh, I’m not logged into my admin account at work, but tis me.)

We’ll take your word for it :smiley:

Number 5 is yours.

I’m going for number 2.

This is a great way to get the game started. It seems like the 2015 fantasy game has a wide varied bunch in the first couple of rounds, so it’s very hard to predict where to start.

David is on the clock

Hey there,

I´ll take the 9th spot.

Thanks David!

Ben emailed me earlier saying he’d take 3 if still available.

So on to Sarah

Hey, your league has a girl in it, that’s so cool! Go SJ!

1 Like

A quick note to all players regarding the roster…

At present, the league is set up with just one flex spot, which is superflex. I should have left in the original flex spot (RB, WR or TE) too.

In all likelihood, the superflex spot will often be filled by a QB, leaving just 2 RBs and 2 WRs starting for each team each week. In a 10-team league, this is quite shallow.

I’m going to add the additional flex spot back in, so the roster will be 1xQB, 2xRB, 2xWR, 1xTE, 1xFlex (RB, WR, TE), 1xSuperflex (QB, RB, WR, TE), 1xK, 1xD/ST, 6xBench. So 16 spots in total.

However, I’m conscious I’m making a change after everyone has signed up and paid their money, so if anyone objects to this, I’ll leave it as it is. Don’t want to annoy anyone.

But hopefully everyone agrees this is an improvement. If there aren’t any objections over the next couple of days, I’ll make the change.

Thanks.

Sarah has chosen 6th pick.

Jonathan’s pick is 7th - that’s the highest in his priority list he left me before he went on holiday that isn’t already taken.

On to Andy now.

Ok, the draft order is complete. After Andy picked 8, the last remaining spot of 10 went to Benedict (Gravlax). So the final order is as follows:

1. ScoringSkins (Neil - ScoringSkins)
  2. Beats By Ray (Ian - ian182)
  3. No BMX in Olympics (Ben)
  4. Fletchers Ferrets (Dean - HowieTheRookie)
  5. Golden Texans (Adam - Neonadam)
  6. Road To No Where (Sarah - 49ers SJ)
  7. Talkin’ Cowboys (Jonathan - Majicman)
  8. Just Gurley Things (Andy)
  9. Antifragile Team (David - Thavros)
  10. Crack Badgers (Benedict - Gravlax)

Good luck guys. See you all (in a virtual sense) at 9pm UK time on Sunday 23rd August.

1 Like

I agree with the additional flex position I feel it adds more strategy. Good move Ian

Hi all,

Looking forward to the draft tonight. Just a couple of reminders:

9pm start. You’ll be auto-drafted until you get there if you’re not online at 9pm. You all know our draft positions.

It’s a Superflex league, so you can start 2QBs every week. However there’s a limit of 3 QBs on your roster at any one time.

4pts for a QB touchdown pass. And it’s full PPR (1 point per reception).

Think that’s it. See you at 9!

1 Like

Drafting in an hour :sunglasses:

That was a mad draft. My strategy was out of the window within 90 seconds. Having the 4th pick I had planned to take Petersen or Bell with a small chance of Luck or Rodgers falling to me. The Jordy news hitting just before the draft made the Green Bay QB fall so I had to reverted to Charles.
The 60 second draft picks and only 10 players felt like choices had to be made in rapid-fire speed with very little chance to analyse and strategise the board. Certainly my least enjoyable draft to date and although NFL rates my team as an A, I’m very sceptical of having a good season with my current roster.

Hi dean, I will buy your team if you want? I’m looking to get involved in another league but left it to late

Otley- a place has opened up on the Betfair Auction League (14 man). Its a £25 game which I have played for many years, the draft is usually good fun with friendly banter. Myself and several others on this website take part, can you contact davewt@btinternet.com if you want the spot (be quick).

Or visit the Betfair forum if you need more info

If Otley doesn;t want the spot does anyone else? I’m pretty sure the draft is going to be Saturday night but uncertain at the moment