Players needed for PPR Superflex (2QB) Fantasy League - £50 entry

I may be up for it, never done ppr though but happy to give it a try if there’s still a spot

Sorry Alan but we’ve got our 10 now. But I’ll let you know straight away if anyone drops out.

Perhaps up it to 12? Then Alan and Chris can have a separate team (see who the class act is in their partnership)

Or add Alan and one other (sure we’ll get another player).

Thanks for the suggestion Dean, but I’m keen to keep it at 10. Mainly because everyone has signed up and paid on the basis of it being 10. And I would feel uneasy changing things at this stage after everyone has invested a fairly substantial amount of money. Hope that’s ok.

But like I say Alan, will let you know ASAP if anyone drops out.

So, we have our full compliment of 10 paid up players. Thanks everyone for paying so promptly. Now for the fun stuff.

Tomorrow, there is a horse race at Ayr, starting at 4pm which has 10 runners and riders. I have allocated each player a horse completely at random (using an online randomiser tool - have a screenshot if people want to see proof!!):

Horse 3 - Saxonette - ian182 (Ian)
Horse 5 - Little Belter - Majicman (Jonathan)
Horse 2 - Pull The Pin - thavros (David)
Horse 9 - Calypso Music - HowieTheRookie (Dean)
Horse 8 - Mystical King - Gravlax (Ben)
Horse 6 - Milady Eileen - ScoringSkins (Neil)
Horse 10 - Lady Cordie - 49ers SJ (Sarah)
Horse 7 - Red Forever - neonadam (Adam)
Horse 1 - Blue Sonic - Ben
Horse 4 - Clabare - Andy

Whoever’s horse finishes 1st, gets 1st choice of draft position. 2nd gets 2nd choice, etc.

If there is a non-runner in the 4.00 at Ayr, we’ll move it to the 6.00 at Thirsk which also has 10 runners (horse numbers will stay the same to already selected). And if that has non-runners, we’ll use the 8.00 at Thirsk. In the unlikely event there is a non-runner here, that horse will be classed as finishing last.

Hope that all makes sense! I’ll also be randomising the league schedule once Andy has added is team.

What if dead heat in any position?

We’ll go with the results according to gg.com. If they state there’s a dead heat in any position, I’ll devise a playoff. But an actual dead heat is fairly unlikely

:smile: That’s a fairly elaborate random number generator you’ve got there! I guess I’ll start rooting for Red Forever though (hopefully to come 4th-6th!).

Cheers dean I will check it out

2 x Non runners, so on the Thirsk. Hope I don’t draw Paddy Power!

Yep, the 6.00 at Thirsk it is!

Just to clarify, whoever’s horse wins the race, gets to choose where they want to draft from all 10 positions. The person with the 2nd place horse gets to choose where they go from the remaining 9 positions, 3rd place chooses from the remaining 8 positions, and so on until the owner of the last placed horse is left with the one remaining draft spot. Make sense? Sorry if that wasn’t clear in my original post.

Not everyone is going to want to draft in spot number 1, so this ensures the race winner gets the benefit.

And we’re sticking with the horse numbers, so it’s as follows…

Horse 3 - Men United - ian182 (Ian)
Horse 5 - Paddy Power - Majicman (Jonathan)
Horse 2 - Magical Spring - thavros (David)
Horse 9 - Nouvelli Dancer - HowieTheRookie (Dean)
Horse 8 - Lady Joanna Vassa - Gravlax (Ben)
Horse 6 - Point Of Woods - ScoringSkins (Neil)
Horse 10 - Tawayna - 49ers SJ (Sarah)
Horse 7 - Al Zubarah - neonadam (Adam)
Horse 1 - Laughton - Ben
Horse 4 - Muatadel - Andy

There’s a non-runner in the 6.00 at Thirsk, so we’ll move to the 8.00 at Thirsk instead.

I’ll monitor this race between now and 8pm. If there is another non-runner, it will be classed as finishing 10th place. A 2nd non-runner declared after the first will be classed as 9th, and so on.

Horses for the 8.00 as follows:

Horse 3 - Wink Oliver - ian182 (Ian)
Horse 5 - Burtonwood - Majicman (Jonathan)
Horse 2 - Alans Pride - thavros (David)
Horse 9 - Ingleby Spring - HowieTheRookie (Dean)
Horse 8 - Machiavelian Storm - Gravlax (Ben)
Horse 6 - Darrell Rivers - ScoringSkins (Neil)
Horse 10 - Monsieur Jimmy- 49ers SJ (Sarah)
Horse 7 - Atreus - neonadam (Adam)
Horse 1 - What Could She Be - Ben
Horse 4 - Mrs Biggs- Andy

:grinning: Outsider of the lot, Ingleby Spring

Please tell me you had some money on! 22/1 winner!!

Congratulations!

LOL - I had a small bet on the second, I was very confused in the final furlong wondering which horse to shout for!
When do you need to know by (which position I select?)

The race results (I was interested, so Googled…)

1st Ingleby Spring (Dean)
2nd Darrell Rivers (Neil)
3rd Atreus (Adam)
4th Wink Oliver (Ian)
5th Alans Pride (David)
6th What Could She Be (Ben)
7th Monsieur Jimmy (Sarah)
8th Burtonwood (Jonathan)
9th Mrs Biggs (Andy)
10th Machiavelian Storm (Ben)

I think if you can let me know as soon as you can, that would be great. Don’t want the selection process to drag on too long if at all possible.

And for the record…

So, the results are in:

1. Ingleby Spring - HowieTheRookie (Dean)
  2. Darrell Rivers - ScoringSkins (Neil)
  3. Atreus - neonadam (Adam)
  4. Wink Oliver - ian182 (Ian)
  5. Alans Pride - thavros (David)
  6. What Could She Be - Ben
  7. Monsieur Jimmy- 49ers SJ (Sarah)
  8. Burtonwood - Majicman (Jonathan)
  9. Mrs Biggs - Andy
  10. Machiavelian Storm - Gravlax (Ben)

So Dean gets firs selection of draft position, and we’ll go on from there.

Let me just do a couple of mock’s and I’ll be right back to you. ( I won’t be going 9th or 10th, which I thought I would be this afternoon).