Introducing the UK NFL Live Pub Draft Weekend

You may have chatted about it but I said I use NFL.com default on team line-ups for this redraft league - so you have 21 options join the Ultimates and have more input on rules or ha-rang NFL.com to change there default - I remember when they used to have 2 RB and 3 WR and 1 TE set - no flex at all - so in this league I go with there core defaults so any new players jumping in from free leagues feel at ease that its the same game - only exception was the waiver rule as almost all the league hated the default and they have a clear alternative to use - well try. I think itā€™s fairer as everyone gets to bid regardless of how there doing in season. As for TE I like it this way - no flex as a TE is part of the game and you must have 1 - puts there value up as so few good ones from a fantasy standpoint. Any way must go get in draft room its TFP Auction Draft start in just 20 mins.

Sorry if this has been covered. The draft is on the Sunday so are people staying over on the Saturday or Sunday night? Which nights are you guys going out?

For the original 16 man redraft league, people are going out on the Sunday night after the draft, and some, including me and Dean and maybe others, are staying over Sunday night (Monday being a bank hol)

Additionally, Noel is running another league which drafts on Saturday - so people in that league are out on Sat night. A few people - Noel, Drew, maybe others - are in both leagues - they are no doubt in for a wild weekend!

Thanks Jon, where is everyone staying? We will both stay down on the Sunday as well.

Iā€™m going cheap and cheerful at the travelodge right next door to the carvery where we are drafting.

*** other Redhill hotels are available ***

1 Like

Some both nights - plan is for those about the Saturday night a walk between the town centre pubs - think thereā€™s half a dozen in all with a drink in each chatting about the draft thatā€™s just occurred I imagine and getting to know one another - some pubs in Redhill open to 1 or 2am Sats. Also on Saturday nights some have music or a DJ - others nothing. Gives all a chance to see which they like most as a reference for future years.

On the Sunday I plan a curry night post draft but need to make booking so need some idea of numbers so will be contacting tonight all TFP Originals to get a yes or no on the curry so I can give an idea on numbers to the restaurant - you can just turn up but when a big party is best to make a booking. I reckon a booking for about 8pm. Looking on there website it is open to 12 midnight so it will be there to close as I donā€™t think anything else in Redhill will be open later than that on a Sunday night unfortunately. There is a pub next door and a train station - my plan is stay there till close as they serve beer and then I will order a cab home - which would also go through Redhill for those staying there and I know Drew said he had booked a hotel in Reigate.

Ruchita

Iā€™m staying in the Redhill Travelodge (Ā£30 was too good to pass up) on the Sunday night as well so will up for the curry and post draft reviewā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m getting the last train home so suspect my night ends at 11pm on the Sunday. If folk get the notion to stay out into the small hours Iā€™m up for making the most of it and booking a hotel too.

Noel,

I just tickled your sweet ass with Ā£100, when you get the chance can you please BOLD me up?

Cheers!

2 Likes

An image of Noelā€™s sweet ass that will stay with me long into the draft!!

1 Like

Sean (Outsiders68) is in both leagues to!

Done buddy - hoping will be a great day!

Iā€™m sure it will be dude, thanks

WARNING - TRAIN STRIKE OVER BANK HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Just seen this on BBC News (hope it donā€™t affect anyone coming to the draft weekend):

First Great Western rail staff to hold series of strikes

1 Like

Bloody typical thought I might not need to drive well taking no chances now thanks Noel!!

Not sure it affects you Sean as its those from East Coast I thought was FGW those from North is Virgin trains ainā€™t it?

1 Like

^&)(^&%^^$%^%$^%&**((*!!!

Really good shout Noel! My wife works for FGW which serves London and the south west. This will directly effect myself and I expect at least a few others. I have just ripped into the wife for this, its not good enough, despite the fact that she wont actually be striking :open_mouth:

She advises that most likely there will be a limited service on the day (rather than no service) so if most plan well they will improve their chances and mostly avoid problems.

I assume that I shall be able to find at least one suitable train on the Sunday morning but with the limited service the train back is now an unknown. Iā€™m looking at hotels for the night now!

Gordon, I can collect you on the Sunday morning. I will be travelling along the M4.

Hi Dean,

Thatā€™s really cool and appreciated! can I ask that we play it by ear? I ask this because the morning train should be free for me and is practically door to door so it would seem a shame to ask you to come off the M4 and into reading to get me if I can indeed get a train at some point early on. Is it ok if I come back to you on the days leading up to it as I should know train times then?

I have just booked a room at the hotel because the late train home is most likely going to be the problem, unlike you early shooters I had to pay Ā£68!! Which thankfully can be cancelled up to mid day on the day.

Thanks!

No worries mate, whatever works best for you. Weā€™ll confirm nearer the date.