FPL - WINNER TAKES ALL 2019/20 (£10 Money Leagues)

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE

This will be the fifthteenth year I have run an online mini-league on the Premier Leagues own fantasy football game.

Quite simply - register online, select your team and then if you wish to join one or both of my mini leagues.

website address: Fantasy Premier League

Both of my leagues are for money and are £10 each to enter.

The first league is what’s known as a ‘classic’ style league - where we are all in a league together and your total score decides your position in the league and at the end of the season who ever is top takes all the money… hence the league name being: WINNER TAKES ALL

I restarted this Classic league this year as FPL gave me the option to do so but that means anyone who played last year will be automatically added to my league as soon as they create an FPL team for this year. For this reason I can’t be sure everyone who is showing in my league wished to play for money this year so I will automatically suspend anyone from the league who has not paid come the start of the season. So will have a cull during Week 1. So if your in for the money make sure to contact me / pay before the start of the season. And anyone else dont worry as I will remove you during week 1 without penalty.

The other league I run is a ‘head to head’ style league where you are matched with another opponent in the league each week of the season and your weekly score versus the person your playing decides whether you win, lose or draw and like in the real Premier League you get 3 points a win, 1 point a draw and nothing for a loss. Those points decide your place within the league and just as with the above league whomever is top of the league at the end of the season wins all the money.

Name of this league: HEAD 2 HEAD - W.T.A.

So in booth leagues it works like this - 1st place at the end of the season takes all the wonga (so # of teams x £10 = prize).

The more teams, the more prize money on offer - so go recruit your friends (but not if their any good)!

FPL lets you join many leagues but you can only have one team and that team is in however many leagues you join - so it’s no more time consuming to join multiple leagues. So if your doing this game already think about joining one or both of my money leagues - after all it’s only a few quid and you may win a nice prize for your seasons efforts… always more fun when there’s money on it - don’t you think?

Good luck - hope to see you in my league(s) soon…

bluelionman (aka Noel Symonds)

Keen to join both Noel - consider me in - £20 coming your way :+1:

1 Like

Joined both leagues and sent 20 via paypal with ref FPL-WTA

1 Like

Hey All,

I’ve been auditing my money leagues and I have a guy I don’t know in both the above FPL money leagues of mine:

Lee Horton

Team name - Kloppites

I have not been contacted by anyone that I notice on his behalf nor received payment from anyone for him so am kind of stumped?

I always like new blood in my leagues so perhaps he is a friend or acquaintance of someone else in the league as I always say spread the word or assuming he found this post here on TFP so wondered if anyone can help me make contact with him or if he sees this please step forward and PM me from here att TFP to sort out payment.

If you do know this person please give him a nudge and link to this post and ask them to make contact with me to sort payment.

Thanks,

Noel / bluelionman

Hey all,

I was a bit perturbed after the restart of the Premier league after the lock-down that the Head to Head league wasn’t updating so I messaged the FPL people and was dismayed by their answer:

That’s just lazy on their part imho and left me with three options:

1. Pay out the league as it stands when paused by FPL - to me that seems unfair as not everyone would have used their special chips and all real Premier League teams had played an unequal amount of games at cessation.

2. Refund everyone their entry fees. Not very fair for the leader who had played a blinder for 8/10’s of the season and in touching distance of winning.

3. Continue the season manually doing all the scoring and updating myself. A shed load of work for me that I’d rather not have to take on but would end the season fairly. All the scores are there because the game is continuing in the standard leagues so everyone is still setting their teams (or should be) so I can find everyone’s weekly scores and the fixtures would be all the weeks scored zero in the results list (FPL Weeks 30 - 38).

So after careful consideration for a week have decided to go with option 3 - the most work and least favourable to me personally as my team is down in 16th in the standings at the lock-down but feel its the fairest thing to do and keeps up my records history if we complete the season.

A bit like the old mastermind quote - ‘I’ve started so I’ll finish’.

So that’s what I am going to do and post updates here for the missing 9 weeks. So as Week 35+ has just started that’s going to be 5 weeks worth of scores and tables in one hit. I will send an e-mail to everyone I have an e-mail addy for telling them to check here for the weekly updates.

Noel / bluelionman

HOUSTON, we have a problem…

Sorry guys - I had a real issue finding the fixtures as if they had been removed but no the lovely people at FPL did not have that column this year (in previous years I know they listed all fixtures by week for all) so there is no way for me to finish the season fairly as I can’t source that info easily and FPL refused to help. I feel therefore I have no choice but to void this years Head to Head league.

I just picked up this e-mail reply from them when I asked for help to find the fixtures and they was not forthcoming:

My sincerest apologies for those who were doing well and in with a shout. Please redirect your frustrations toward FPL via contact us on there fantasy game site and send them feedback that you are most upset they couldn’t be arsed to find a way to restart Head to Head leagues after the lockdown.

The Classic league was restarted by FPL and will finish fine so hoping all of you were in my ‘Winner Takes All’ Classic league to as I had more entrants in that version so it’s likely every one in my Head to Head league was also in the Classic version so you could still win that and bank a nice win.

UPDATE on the Head 2 Head ‘Winner Take All’ League 2019/20

I have been mulling this over for a week and feel completely voiding the league would be rather unfair on the person who was leading the league - 13 points clear (that’s 4 wins and 1 draw with just 9 weeks to go) at the cessation of Premier League games for Covid-19. It was not guaranteed he would go on to win the league but odds on to do so with just 9 game weeks left as not only would the 3 peeps back in 2nd, 3rd and 4th (all tied on the same number of points) would have to keep winning and at the same time they would need the leader to not win 5 of those 9 games minimum - a big ask.

So in light of that I as league chairman have decided to make a compromise and executive decision - half the winnings will be paid to the person who was leading (and clear by 13 points) at the cessation of the league by FPL. Everyone will also get a 50% refund of their entry fee - so £5 back each. For many this is a bonus as they were way off the pace and not going to challenge for the money this season. As for my stats tables, history and statistical records purposes in my Head to Head league history this season will go down as void (due to not being completed by FPL after the Covid-19 pause).

Voided Game-weeks - could only see my own fixtures no one else’s:

A very big congratulations to TFP’s very own grecian2010 (Ian Wray) who won BLM’s Classic FPL ‘Winner Takes All’ league this season and bags a tidy £270 for his troubles…

For those of you interested I will be running this league again next season - my 16th straight year for the’ Classic’ version of this game - but will also be doing a ‘Head to Head’ version too. Look out for details on here (the TFP forum) in due course.

I’m struggling to connect with Jonathan Roberts team name Billy Whitehurst XI from my FPL leagues. I don’t seem to have a contact e-mail address for him so can only assume he was a friend or work colleague of someone else in these leagues last season who got him involved. Any help be appreciated or if he reads this please PM me Jonathan. Cheers.