Fan Pub Fun League weekly update thread

Top 10 scoring players at each position this regular season, using this league’s scoring system

How people succeeded…
Al has the top two WRs
Sean has two great RBs
Lee grabbed Zeke and Matty Ice
Andy has the best Kicker and Defence, plus garbage time king Mariota, but that wasn’t enough to get in
I have the highest scoring player in the game, but came bottom of my own league ! !

3 Likes

Scores from the Wild Card round:

Otley Road Patriots 89.8 - 80.15 Suh Tang Clan
Zeke will be a Big Ht 129.8 - 83.85 Bi Polar Bears

The two highest scorers of the week made it through, and that leaves us with the 1,2,3 and 4 seeds in the semis.
Good luck to you all - will we have an all-Ian final, or can Al or Daniel put a stop to that?!

All four of you have a cash prize headed your way for making the final four - but only one of you can claim the ultimate glory !!

2 Likes

Well done to those that made it

2 Likes

Thanks John, what is the prize break down?
Looking through the remaining teams, Zeke will be a big hit has to be a big favourite, my team is trash lol

1 Like

125 winner, 75 runner up, 50 for the two semi final losers

Semi Final Scores

Grecian Toffee Bengals 96.10 - 91.70 Otley Road Patriots
Kicker Conspiracy 75.85 - 54.80 Zeke will be a Big Hit

Well done to both Ians, and good luck for the Final! Dan and Al - your consolation prize is on the way …

1 Like

Fan Pub Fun League Final

Grecian Toffee Bengals 138.40 - 95.30 Kicker Conspiracy

Congratulations to Ian W. ! Prize money has been sent out to both players today, which wraps up the league! Many thanks to everyone for playing :smile:

A few notes before I wrap this up:

• I will run another Fan Pub Fun league in 2017
  • It will be along basically similar lines
  • I’ll start a thread once we are past the Superbowl and all the dust has settled, to discuss any tweaks to the league set up for the new year
  • …Sean, your suggestion about giving kickoff and punt returners credit for their plays, WILL be in the 2017 rules!
  • Everyone who played this year is welcome to rejoin - if you want to drop out - or to move on up to the bigger money league - that is absolutely fine, I will advertise any spaces on this site

Thanks, folks!
Jon

3 Likes

i want in if anyone dare drop out
I want fun fun fun

1 Like

I will be rejoining 2017 and I know al is keen

1 Like

Congratulations ian

1 Like

This was a great league in which to participate. Many thanks to Jon for organising! Thanks also to Sean for the good wishes!!

Somehow I managed to achieve the “treble” in this league, of regular season #1 + survivor winner + overall champion. I enjoyed a lot of luck along the way, however - not least in my narrow semi-final win (sorry, Dan !!)

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and I look forward to playing in the Fun League once again in 2017!!!

Ian

3 Likes

Congrats to Ian and Ian. I’ll be back Jon. This league was lots of fun

3 Likes

Hey, really glad you enjoyed it, Ian !
What with your win here, 2nd place in the Rhinos and 3rd place in the Beast you are proving to be someone we will now all be keeping our eyes on in future seasons…

PayPal only confirmed about an hour back that your and other Ian’s money had been sent - not sure why it took all day, but hopefully it is now with you

1 Like

Yes, I received the money.

In my 4 cash leagues this season, I made a profit from all 4, by finishing 1st/2nd/3rd/3rd. My only miss was in a free league which I had won last season, but only finished 6th this time around.

Remember my winning Survivor entry? Well, I kept the picks going after everyone else had been eliminated and got all the way up to 15-0, before picking the Chargers to win in Cleveland last weekend!! I truly thought I was going all the way to 17-0, but, alas, it wasn’t meant to be…

1 Like

Nice one!
You might also remember in that same Survivor game, I crashed out in week one :tired_face: - but I was in one other Survivor game, and in that other one I am 16-0 ! From 143 starters there are 2 of us left in the final week…

2 Likes

Good luck for Week 17 !! At least there is someone else in your screenshot who suffered the same fate as me…

Thanks again Jon for organising I will be back again next year.

Well played Ian a well deserved win… I took the “treble” of silver medals but had plenty of luck along the way so no regrets.

Happy new year all, here’s to next season!

Cheers, Ian 2

3 Likes

Yep thanks for organising Jon, an enjoyable league - count me in for next season!

2 Likes

Yes, well done all. Will be back next year :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes