Fan Pub Fun League weekly update thread

WEEK 7
Biggest score this week - Flint’s Marauders got 135.95 to edge out the week’s second highest team in a shoot out

Biggest winning margin was Zeke will be a Big Hit, thrashing a bye-week-hit Ain’t got a Kalou by over 50

And the smallest winning margin was Otley Road Patriots who edged out the league leaders by 3.75

Leaders Kicker Conspiracy lost, so we are back in a tie at the top - four teams at 5+2, with another four only a game back. I’m now stone last in the table… S I G H

2 Likes

My 130.90 was the 3rd highest single-week score from anyone all season… yet I still lost !!!

2 Likes

You’re still going strong in the Survivor competition, and 4&3 in the league, so my sympathy is limited Ian !!

3 Likes

Gutted with this, not only did they let me down on survivor but also on an accumulator for £100 :see_no_evil:

Oh man, that is a kicker :confounded:

SURVIVOR WEEK 8
We have a winner ! ! ! :champagne: :cake: :boom:

Ian J was let down badly by the Vikings last night, leaving Ian W, manager of the Grecian Toffee Bengals, to steal in and win. The money has been PayPalled over to you, would appreciate it if you could confirm receipt. Congratulations - getting 8 winners in a row is no mean feat…

1 Like

WEEK 8

Biggest score this week - 141.05 by Sean’s BiPolar Bears - I make that the third time this season he has top scored!

Biggest winning margin was 63.95, as the Albion Panthers crushed the Suh Tang Clan

And there weren’t any particularly slim winning margins this week - Bite My Shiny Metal Defense beat Zeke Will Be A Big Hit by about 18 which I think was the closest…

… a few of the leading lights slipped up this week, allowing Sean to slip clear - he’s now at 6 & 2, a game ahead of the chasing pack

2 Likes

I’m desperate to get a bye and want that so badly.
It’s been a great start but we all know it’s how you finish.

Yeah, getting a bye is a big boost to your chance of winning - and is also a guaranteed payout as there are cash prizes for the first 4 places.
Of my leagues this year, only the TFP Originals and your TFP Challengers have 8 team playoffs - all the others have 6 team playoffs and I am mad keen to get a bye in at least one of those!! I won’t get one in this league with my 2 & 6 start though, just trying to win out in the hope of scraping through…

Cheers, Jon. Money now received. Well done to all those who advanced beyond the first few weeks.

3 or 4 times I went with teams who were playing against the Bears - ironic that it was a rare Bears win that ultimately ended the competition.

2 Likes

Well done Ian

1 Like

Thanks, Sean. Very much appreciated.

WEEK 9

This week’s biggest score and biggest margin both went to Suh Tang Clan - Lee’s team scored 135.8 points to record a 64 point win over Bite my Shiny Metal Defence

Slimmest margin was for Kicker Conspiracy, who won their tie by just under 10 points.

Jumping up to top of the league caused Sean’s Bi-Polar Bears a nose-bleed, and he promptly lost to fall back to 6 & 3, putting him in a six-way tie for the top. Another four teams are still within 2 wins of first place, so all to play for as we enter the last month of the fantasy regular season!

1 Like

WEEK 10

For the second week running, both the biggest score and the biggest margin went to Suh Tang Clan - Lee has certainly hit form at key point in the season.

Agony for Bite my Shiny Metal Defence - a cracking 100+ score, but beaten by Kicker Conspiracy by 1.85 points :confounded:

We now have a four way tie at the top at 7 & 3, and a four way tie at the bottom at 3 & 7 - the league has stayed a lot closer than I expected. Six playoff spots - and especially the two coveted first round byes - still very much up for grabs!!

2 Likes

WEEK 11

A good week for Chris’ Ultimate Spinach team - they were the week’s highest scorers with 108.05 points, and also had the biggest winning margin with 18.4

Al beat Sean by less than a point - but there was an even smaller margin as Ian’s Grecian Toffee Bengals beat me by 0.35 !! :frowning2:

With two weeks to go, we have a four way tie at the top: Grecian Toffee Bengals, Kicker Conspiracy, Suh Tang Clan and Zeke will be a Big Hit - congratulations to all four as you are now guaranteed to reach the post season playoffs - the question now is which two of you will get the crucial first round bye.

Five other teams are on either 6-5 or 5-6. They are now fighting it out for the final two playoff spots…

What’s the tie breaker point scored

1 Like

Hi Sean,
It is left at the fantasy nfl.com default setting, which is

.1 - Head to Head record (if two of you are tied, it is just who won the game between those two - if more are tied, I believe it works out a min-league of just the results between those tied teams)

…if that doesn’t sort it out…

.2. Most Points scored

…if that doesn’t sort it out…

.3. Most points conceded (i,e. who had the more difficult schedule)

…if that doesn’t sort it out… it’s a miracle!

1 Like

WEEK 12

Biggest score of the week was Michaels’ Keep Calm and Megatron with 124 points exactly

Biggest winning margin was me! Over 25 points clear of the Albion Panthers

Smallest winning margin - several to choose from, but Al stole it from Andy’s Tight Ends by only 0.3 points :open_mouth:

Al’s team (Zeke will be a big hit) and Ian’s Grecian Toffee Bengals, are joint top with 9 wins - and they play each other in the final week of the regular season… the winner is guaranteed the Number 1 seed in the playoffs, while the loser may miss out on a first round bye if Kicker Conspiracy or Suh Tang Clan can sneak past them. Joining those four teams in the playoffs will be the Otley Road Patriots and the Bi Polar Bears - the rest of us only have pride left to play for…

2 Likes

I apologise to Andy as that win came on the second last throw of the week as well

1 Like

WEEK 13
Final week of the regular season…

Top score was Kicker Conspiracy, with 124.25 points
Biggest margin was Flints Marauders, with a 35.5 point margin
Closest win was Bite my Shiny Metal Defence, scraping a 1.85 point win

So, on to the playoffs

Otley Road Patriots face Suh Tang Clan this week
…the winners will play the 1 Seed Grecian Toffee Bengals in week 15

Zeke Will Be a big Hit face the Bi Polar Bears this week
(a big rivalry game as Sean and Al are co presenters of the TFP podcast)
… the winners will play the 2 Seed Kicker Conspiracy in week 15

EDITED 8 DECEMBER
I just checked back to the initial rules of the league - I stated up front that the 1 seed will play the lowest remaining seed in the semi final - so I will stick with the original plan, which may or may not be the same as what I wrote above . Apologies for any confusion

Congratulations to the six who have made the playoffs - as it turned out, the six teams with winning records all got through while the eight with losing records all missed out.
Three knock out weeks left, to earn the big money prizes!!

Cheers, Jon

3 Likes