Fan Pub Fun League Draft thread

I’m willing to listen to offers for one of my receivers but it would have to be a good one

Not to worry, once all the RBs start getting injured you’ll be glad to have the depth! Thought Demaryius and Coby were great value, would have loved those two to fall to me at that spot

Hill should be a good pick as I think the Bengals will really try to utilise him, although he has some hard match-ups to begin the season with.

We now has a thread on discord for this league. It’s already being discussed. Draft grades, trades matchups etc. There is also general fantasy/nfl new on there betting threads etc. You don’t have to be a member of the league to join the discussions. Discord is a free app so it doesn’t cost anything. Be great to see you all there. The Fan Pub

My team

So round one pick six

Realised there was a chance to get David Johnson but needed things to break right.
So in the chat side bar started talking about Adrian Peterson being my likely pick. That worked as he was picked at 5
So I got my superstar for this year

David Johnson

Round two

Target player

Amari Cooper

I’m buying him everywhere this year in every draft I really see him being a top five wide reciever this year. Check out there schedule everything looks right for that to happen.

Round three

Target player

Jarvis Landry

Again very happy he was around I strongly believe there system suits him and I expect high production all year.

Round four

Demarco Murray

Realising you don’t need many running backs in this league decided to lock up my second now while the talent pool was still reasonable.

Loved what I’ve seen through Preseason.

I realise it is preseason thou.

Round 5

Tyler Lockett

I’m super high on him and think he could emerge as the WR one there this year.
So abandoning adp as I find that distracting got the player I trust most at this spot.

Round 6

Black Bortles

If you can’t get a top one then black will suit me just fine.
I don’t believe a regression is on the cards. I believe there defence will give them more chances to score. Rather than rely on garbage time.

Round 7

Tavon Austin

Looking to add wide reciever depth the best around at this spot in my view was Tavon.
I’m not looking to start him much but will act as support for this team.

Round 8

Derrick Carr

Delighted he was still available
This allowed me to play matchups and have the stack option with cooper.

Round 9

Realised there was about to be a run on defences wanted my favorite target this year

Arizona

or (Texans)

Could not be happier to have them…

Round 10

Ted Ginn

(Super Ted)

Again just wide reciever depth might not be a fashionable pick however he will get his chances again this season.

Round 11

Jason Witten

Trufuly I’m not a fan but he was the best available and I guess he will get more not less chances with romo out.

Round 12

Spencer Ware

Wanted a deep shot at running back with high upside

Given spencer ware will be Charles key back up this is super sneaky.

Round 13

Tyler Boyd

Seems to have a chance to do well in Cincinnati and might be used a lot year one.
It’s a gamble but at this spot I could not pass it up.

Round 14

Chris Boswell

A kicker is a kicker and I guess he will do…

Overall pleased …

1 Like

Love the round one mind games Sean !!

1 Like

Looks like 2 wins max to me :slight_smile:

this is what the discord chat looks like

If one is against you al I will take it.

1 Like

Like picks in first 3 rounds.
R4 Murray-think in a potential low scoring offense he might disappoint. But makes sense to take him
R5 Lockett-Super talent, worry about the Seahawks offensive line possibly the worst in the NFL, bit of a reach.
R6 Bortles-would not be on my draft board. Simply makes too many mistakes. I think he is the weak link at the Jaguars
R7-Austin not sure on this one, very unreliable from one week to the next.
R8 Carr-Like the pick, perhaps you would not have taken Bortles if you knew he would be there?
R9-10 Like
R11 OK, but he will let you down some weeks.
R12- Great pick, best value of your draft
R13-Like

A good solid draft,

3 Likes

Thanks for your insight

Folks - I am putting a last remindr on here and also on the fantasy.nfl league home page

12 out of 14 people have entered the survivor game. I don’t know which 2 haven’t as the Survivor game user nfl.com user names, not our names from on here. You are missing out on one of the prizes for the game, which you have paid in for and have a right to !

Other than that - the very best of luck for the season, except when you’re playing me :skull_crossbones: