Fan Pub Fun League Draft thread

Uh oh… just realised I play you week 1 :fearful:

1 Like

Hoping I can prove them wrong, going by that 2 wins is a good season for me!

1 Like

:smile_cat:

Should be a good matchup.

Some good picks here, I would say the selection of Luck as left you short at RB. As with Jon’s team I like your pair of TE’S and your depth at WR.

Unlucky to miss the start but you’ve come out fine with your first 3 picks

You’ve gone down the QB early route which is always a gamble. I like your Rounds 1 ,3,4,6,8,9 picks the best.

1 Like

Hope you don’t mind the comments guys, just a bit of fun. Good Luck to all the players.

1 Like

No comments are more than welcome, I agree that I’m in need of a running back

I usually only play 8-10 team leagues, so really noticed the difference here.
Happy with some aspects of the draft, few panicked selections too if I’m being honest.

Rated A , 7-6 for a T6th projection…think the A might be a bit over generous.

R1 Allen Robinson.
Drafting at 13 not the best of spots, but happy with this selection, put up big numbers last year, hope for more of the same.

R2 Keenan Allen
Earlier then I’d have liked to take him, but there was no way he’d have been there in the 3rd, may have reached a bit, but got the player I wanted.

R3 Jonathan Stewart
A high end RB2, as long as he stays healthy I’m confident of similar numbers to last year.

R4 Donte Moncrief
Like Allen, taken earlier then expected, but really hoping for a big year. If Luck stays fit Hilton & Moncrief will have very productive years…hopefully.

R5 Drew Brees
Don’t normally take a QB this early, but knew the my RBs wouldn’t be the greatest so needed a real fantasy QB1

R6 Danny Woodhead
Great dual threat RB, just hope Melvin Gordon doesn’t eat into his production

R7 Frank Gore
Like to think you know what you’re going to get with Gore, shouldn’t be sharing significant touches with anyone so a good teams No.1 RB in the 7th is good value.

R8 & R9 Corey Coleman & Mo Sanu
Should have taken a TE here but felt needed more depth at WR.

R10 Chris Ivory
Should be the Jags main RB, I know Yeldon will take the passing plays but just hope for something like last years production. In the 10th he was well worth it

R11 Jared Cook
Best available, should have taken a TE earlier

R12 & R13 New England D/ST & Brandon McManus
No strong thoughts on the D/ST, have always left to the later rounds in previous years, no reason to change now.
McManus at altitude hoping for some long distance FGs

R14 Brandon LaFell
The highest ranked player I’d heard of left

I really like your top 3 picks, that’s a loaded WR group.
I like Tate, but maybe a bit early in the 4th.Love Langford in the 5th, really wanted him,
Not sure on Snead in the 6th, but Johnson if a fine pick in the 7th
Fitz will do a decent enough job from the 10th spot, but would’ve left Cutler alone, can’t trust that guy.

Cheers

Mike

R1-Nice
R2-Solid
R3-Understand the logic., lack of TD’S a concern
R4-Great Pick
R5-Bit high for me, but will be fine
R6-Like
R7-Maybe
R8/R9-OK
R10-His TD’S should help you here
R11-Worth a flyer
R12/13-Solid
R14-Not for me

Overall very good draft

1 Like

I totally screwed my draft up. I took Rodgers early which was ok as Demaryius fell to me in the 3rd round - then took 2 more RB’s (so 3 RB’s and a QB out of 5 picks) which has left me short at WR!

Hoping the good things I have been hearing about Tajae Sharpe are true - but pinning hopes on a Titan is not the best strategy!

Very open for trades of my RB / TE’s!

1 Like
  1. Adrian Peterson - It’s AP or Johnson, I’ve owned him once as he’s invincible, he snapped his ACL.
  2. LeSean McCoy - I didn’t realise that Jon had messed about with the settings, I never draft this guy, ever but i read about 30 seconds beforehand that he’s the lone back in Buffalo, I’d have preferred a WR.
  3. Jordan Reed - He’s big and injury prone, probably a reach, but he looks uncoverable.
  4. Kelvin Benjamin - He’s big and injury prone, and has cool dreads, what’s not to like? On the Kelvin scale this could either be a very hot or very cold pick, it’s an exact science.
  5. Jordan Matthews - He has Sam Bradford throwing stuff in his general direction, i hope he has long arms.
  6. Stefon Diggs - When you’re in a hole stop digging. I’m in a hole, i keep digging, need WRs fast.
  7. Travis Benjamin - He has cool dreads too, and his name is back to front, i like that.
  8. Ameer Abdullah - he sounds like someone on a MI5 watch list, he plays for the Lions. Yeah i know.
  9. Kirk Cousins - OK i need a QB, do I like that? Not really but Brady went a fraction earlier.
  10. Jameis Winston - Named after our great war time leader, probably. We will fight them like bitches, I like that sentiment.
  11. Minnesota Vikings - They’re dead boring, and the last team i’d want to watch, that’s the angle.
  12. Sammie Coates - Ok, by this point i’d left the draft to go to the pub. Another crap joke, I’ll get my Coates.
  13. Bruce Ellington - OK autopick, who is this guy. Great he plays for the 49ers, who’s QB can’t even stand up. Nil points.
  14. Austin Seferian-Jenkins - So this guy is my Kicker, although the Buccs mistakenly play him at TE. He needs work, but has a very posh name.

Ok that in the can, before i went to the pub i thought it was average, when i get in 4 pints later i think this team wins it, this morning I’m back to being luke warm. It’s my first draft this year, it showed.

1 Like

LaFell might not be for me much longer, where’s that waiver wire??

If you need a trade for TE for a RB, I’m your man lol

I’ll have a look and see what we can do

Sure you didn’t go to the pub after R2?

Only joking,

Like Diggs and you can play match-up with your QB’S. Think Vikings DEF will get you some points

Seems fine to me, solid everywhere but TE, and Jared Cook may end up breaking out and being rhe Packers’ new Jermichael Finlay!
Think you need one of your guys to overachieve really - could be Cook, could be Sanu…

This is the funniest draft review I’ve read Chris - good work!!

Completely messed this draft up - I thought the 2 flexes were W/R so went too hard on RB’s.

Round 1 - Zeke Elliott For me he was the only ‘stud’ player left on the board.
Round 2 - Aaron Rodgers Hopefully a good pick up with the enhanced QB scoring, made better by round 3 pick.
Round 3 - Demaryius Thomas Not sure how he fell this far, probably the QB worries in Denver.
Round 4 - Jeremy Hill For whatever pre-season counts, he has looked sharp and is in for a good season.
Round 5 - Matt Jones Absolute panic choice. May have to trade Elliott or Hill to make up for this! Should’ve taken a WR.
Round 6 - Delanie Walker Titans should be improved on offense and Walker is consistent.
Round 7 - Seahawks DST Killer D with a dangerous return game. Maybe a bit early and I tend to stream DST’s in smaller leagues.
Round 8 - Coby Fleener Potential in Norleans - took him as better than any of the WR options.
Round 9, 10, 11 - Tajae Sharpe, DGB, Chris Hogan - Pure hit and hope options for WR’s at this point.
Round 12 - Matt Ryan Best backup QB left.
Round 13 - Terrance Williams Possibly a good pickup so late.
Round 14 - Blair Walsh Choose a kicker. Walsh has had a bad time but he won me a few leagues with his week 16 23pts so I felt like I owed him.

If anyone wants to trade I am in the market for a WR - Jeremy Hill and my TE’s are on the table. If anyone has any realistic offers for Zeke or Rodgers I’m willing to listen!

1 Like