NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2023/24 (Season Long Game) £15 Money League

OKAY peoples - this is my favourite NFL fantasy game so every year really try to push this so please if you do decide to enter one of my (bluelionman) fantasy NFL money games please make it this one. This is a game I put an awful lot of work into running - updating the players list and doing the weekly scoring myself on Google sheets.

This game is a resurrection of the now defunct ‘First Down’ American Football newspaper fantasy football game. So will be familiar to those of you that used to play that publications fantasy NFL football game back in the day!

However, unlike that game this version runs for the entire NFL season (from September 7th, 2023 thru to the Super Bowl final on February 11th, 2024).

HOW TO PLAY

All you have to do is pick a team of players from the list provided following this link:

NFL Players List (Gridiron Game) 2023/24

Any player not listed you can request and I will add them. I have tried my best to update all players to their current teams if you spot any mistakes, please inform me so I can correct them.

You must stay within the budget of $57 Million .

Just create your team by filling in the form at the end of this e-mail (or send me the same information in an e-mail) and send it to me before the deadline which is the start of the first game of the NFL regular season - (Thursday 7th September - 8:20pm US ET / 1:20am Friday 8th September UK BST). The system is simple. You must select one Head Coach, one Quarter-Back, two Running Backs, two Wide Receivers, one Tight End, one Kicker and one Team Defence.

Anyone who scores a touchdown gets 6 points, just like the real thing. If a *Quarterback throws a touchdown pass he also scores 3 points. If anyone returns a fumble or an interception for a TD then the Defence scores 6 points, they also score 2 points for a safety. Kickers get 3 points for a field goal and 1 point for extra points (PAT’s - Point After Touchdowns), while anyone scoring a two-point conversion scores 2 points. If a *QB throws a two-point pass he scores an additional 1 point.

*Also, any other player who acts as a QB and throws a TD pass or two-point conversion will also score the relevant QB throwing points. For example, a Kicker or Running Back on trick plays.

To mirror the change in the real NFL of a few seasons ago if PAT’s are blocked and returned, they earn 2 points so this will also apply to the relevant fantasy teams Defence.

Additionally in this game (different from how First Down’s was) Defences will incorporate special teams plays - so all punt and kick-off return’s that go for a TD will earn 6 points for the relevant Defence. Furthermore, the individual player on a special teams play that scores will also earn the same number of points as awarded to the Defence. So, for instance, if you have a WR, RB or TE also on return duties and he takes one to the house, not only will the Defence score 6 points he will individually himself to.

Head Coach scoring

Your Head Coach will score 3 points for every game his team wins and 1 point for any game that finishes as tied in the regular season. However, Head Coaches will score 6 points for post season wins.

Also Head Coaches will earn a bonus of 6 points if their team makes the playoffs. This bonus is doubled (to 12 points) if your coach is your original HC and you have not changed him at all since the commencement of the game. Only the HC on your teams’ roster at the end of the regular season (WK 18) qualifies for the bonus points (if applicable) and these points are added to the Head Coach’s score for NFL Week 18. Also, a further bonus of 6 points is awarded to each Head Coach that wins their division - this bonus is awarded and applied to all applicable Head Coach’s in NFL Week 18. (However please note - there is no doubling up of this bonus for original HC’s).

Finally, points will be doubled for the final itself (the Super Bowl).

Scores will be worked out using the official stats on the NFL’s GSIS (Game Statistics & Information System) website.

Every entrant will be sent a link to a Google Sheets spread sheet listing everyone’s teams between the start of NFL Week 1’s first game and the main tranche of games that start on the Sunday (September 10th). This is so you can see everything is open and above board, as well as allowing you to follow the season more closely on TV and via the internet, if you so choose. (You’ll even be able to work out the team points for yourself should you like to do so). My team entries will be posted on the TFP forum thread for this game before start of first game Thursday Night (1:20am Friday morning in the UK) and a link sent to every entrant by e-mail at kick-off of that first Thursday night opening season game to show there is no funny business.

An updated weekly league table will be kept on a separate Google Sheet here (I suggest saving this link in your bookmarks):

Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - Standings Table

It will be updated weekly before the followings weeks first games starts.

On the Google Sheets 'Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - ‘Entered Teams’ spread sheet each teams individual player scores will be updated weekly so you can see how you are doing compared to your rivals. This is also where teams will be updated after each trade window. A link to this spread sheet will be sent to all before the main slate of games on Sunday 10th September (NFL Week 1) once I have got all valid entries entered on it.

TRADES - You can trade up to three player/positions at each trade window. Your team’s value still cannot exceed $57 million after you have traded. You do not have to trade; your team can remain the same from start to finish. However, you must submit your trade(s) to me before the start of the following weeks games by e-mail or PM from the TFP forum. Please make sure you put NFL Trades in the subject header line. Updated team line ups will be entered on the Google Sheets team entries page and be viewable to everyone after each trade deadline.

There are 3 trade windows during the season, they are:-

ENTRIES & ENTRY FEES

You can enter more than one team if you so wish - at a cost of £15 per team.

If you don’t see me in person and don’t know the score regarding payment then please contact me for my payment information. You can do this by Private Messaging (PM’ing) me from here (the TFP forum).

Lastly any team entries not paid for by the start of the main tranche of games on Sunday 10th September will be discarded and not entered.

So that’s it - BEST OF LUCK -

bluelionman / Noel Symonds

Fan Pub Founding Member

YOUR NAME:-
TEAM NAME:-
E-MAIL ADDRESS:-

Player - Team - Value $ (Please include Team abbreviations and Values)

HEAD COACH -
QUARTER BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
WIDE RECEIVER -
WIDE RECEIVER -
TIGHT END -
KICKER -
TEAM DEFENCE -

Total Value (maximum $57)

Below I will list all entrants teams received. When payment is recorded by me I will BOLD (plus put an American football) :football: next to those entries. Please pay for teams before the main slate of NFL Week 1 games start on Sunday (10 September) as any non paid for entries at that point will be discarded and not entered in to my game for this season.

Entries Received List (24)

Noel Symonds - SALARY CAP CRUSADERS :football:

Noel Symonds - THE NYVALLAN’S :football:

Barry Jenkinson - THE WAIT IS OVER :football:

Samuel Eastham - HIT EM WHERE IT HURTS :football:

Jon Cartwright - REID’S REPEATERS :football:

Jon Cartwright - MONEYBALL ALL-STARS :football:

Dale Elstone - CHASE THE WIN :football:

Gina Payne - G’S GIANTS :football:

Paul Bedford - HOWELL AT THE MOON :football:

Andy Duenner - I AM GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL :football:

Andy Duenner - BETTER NINE THAN FIVE :football:

Andy Duenner - GRIDIRON CHAMPS :football:

Andy Duenner - SAINT NICK OF TIME :football:

Vicki Crawford - TRICKUMS TITANS :football:

Dale Elleray - GREATWHITEDALE :football:

Andy Smith - SALTDEAN FIRSTDOWNERS :football:

Joel Smith - 59 MILES TO JACKSONVILLE :football:

Joel Smith - LAFLEUR DU MAL :football:

Joel Smith - GREG HARDY’S BED FULL OF GUNS :football:

Gary Johnson - I’D LOVE IT WE BEAT THEM! :football:

Gary Johnson - GEORDIE SURE! :football:

Gary Johnson - THIRD TIMES A CHARM! :football:

Douglas Hay - TOOTHLESS BEARS :football:

Christian Wilkin - TANGLED FORMATION :football:

I am currently away overseas (very last minute occurence) so it will be hard for me to update teams as planned by Sunday and not got time change my original drafts so even though Travis Kelce has been ruled inactive for tonights opening game am sticking with him. Hope its just a 1 game miss.

So as prommised my entries posted publicly before kick off:

Hey all,

I am sorry team line ups are not posted yet but I am stuck in Poland and the PC I had access to here TFP forum will not let me log in despite knowing my username and password it just won’t accept them.

Also to marry up payments as I type out teams is all better accomplished at home.

Will be back wee hours of Thursday morning all being well.

Will do my very best get all done by start of main slate of games for NFL week 2.

Thanks.

Noel Symonds / bluelionman

1 Like

Okay all here is a list of everyone’s entries - will get up to date with scores over next 24hrs:

Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - Entered Teams

The above link will take you to every entrants current team line-ups on Google Sheets, with the individual players weekly scores along with each teams trades (at the 3 trade windows) which will be updated weekly throughout the season.

NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (Season Long game) League Table

The above link will take you to the current league table on Google Sheets that will be updated weekly throughout the season.

NFL Players List (Gridiron Game) 2023/24

The above link will take you to the current players list for this season on Google Sheets. If a player you want is not listed just PM or e-mail me who it is, position and team and I will look to get them added ASAP. Players prices do not change during a season - only between seasons.

Prize Conformation

I am happy to confirm everyone paid with no issues this season.

Alas I ended up with slightly less teams than last season - 24 (as opposed to 26).

So can confirm this years prizes are:

TRADE WINDOW 1

Trade Window 1 has arrived (between NFL Weeks 6 & 7).

Trades must be submitted to me by e-mail or PM from here (TFP forum) before the start of the first game of NFL Week 7 - which is scheduled to be TNF (Jaguars @ Saints) 8:15pm Thursday US ET (1:15am Friday BST).

TIP: You can make a maximum of 3 trades each trade window - your team must not go over the $57m total salary cap budget. You get back the money for any players you are releasing and you also have any salary cap space left if your team cost less than the full $57m originally.

Well it seems a few people have not got the memo - well e-mail reminder I sent out as I’ve not received Trades from Samuel Eastham, Joel Smith or Christian Wilkin.

It would be unfair I feel on those who have submitted Trades on time to extend the deadline as rules are written to say Trades must be received before first game of the following week after each trade window.

So unless I get an e-mail or PM here (on TFP forum) in the next few minutes those guys have passed up the opportunity to make changes - I don’t understand why folk give up this early on in the season as there’s loads of time to catch up if you make Trades.

Any way I am posting my new look teams here to prove I submitted them before first game of Week 7 and will update online Entered Team Sheets shortly.

My Trade Window 1 Trades (new players in green):

Well saved by the bell I want to watch TNF so will update teams before Sunday but due to getting these Trades just now as just checked my e-mail and seen Christian and Joel have submitted trades at the very last minute so as long as there valid will honour them:

1 Like

TRADE WINDOW 2

Trade Window 2 has arrived (between NFL Weeks 12 & 13).

Trades must be submitted to me by e-mail or PM from here (TFP forum) before the start of the first game of NFL Week 13 - which is scheduled to be TNF (Seahawks @ Cowboys) 8:15pm Thursday US ET (1:15am Friday GMT).

TIP: You can make a maximum of 3 trades each trade window - your team must not go over the $57m total salary cap budget. You get back the money for any players you are releasing and you also have any salary cap space left if your team cost less than the full $57m originally.

Hey all,

Just incase I am not back in time tonight am posting my Trades now so they are public. I am not making any changes in one team and three in the other. My teams now look like this:

Okay all trades entered on to Google Sheets - 2 players (Samuel and Christian) did not submit any for Trade Window 2. :man_shrugging: :football:

TRADE WINDOW 3

Trade Window 3 has arrived (between the end of the NFL Regular Season and the start of the Playoffs).

Trades must be submitted to me by e-mail or PM from here (TFP forum) before the start of the first Wild Card game - which is scheduled to be Saturday 13th January (Browns @ Texans) 4:30pm US ET (9:30pm UK GMT).

Some resource links to aid you:

Current Standings Table: Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - Standings Table

Players List: NFL Players List (Gridiron Game) 2023/24

Entered Teams: Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - Entered Teams
(once loaded scroll right to see the latest line ups after the previous 2 trade windows)

Hey all,

It’s taking me a lot longer to type out everyone’s trades and entries in my play-off game (due to late entries and submissions) so to be transparent am posting my teams trades for this final trade window here before first playoff game starts:

Okay all new team lineups are now published - no trades were submitted from Samuel Eastham, Dale Elstone and Joel Smith.

Enjoy postseason peeps. :football: :football: :football:

Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2023/24 - Final Standings Table

So at the end of another hard fought season we have a double winner (as in the same person has won both the season long and playoff versions of this game in the same season). I am also very happy to report that person is me - Noel Symonds (bluelionman) - after getting caught and knocked out of the prize positions last season in the Super Bowl - I was leading going in to the final game last year to - am very very glad to see it all the way home this season (unlike the 49’chokers).

So at long last I finally get to add my own name back to the Winners History roster here:

NFL FD GRIDIRON GAMES - Winners History

Plus pocket the nice 1st prize sum of £240, alas not quite as big as last years 1st prize as had a couple less entries this season but still good, nonetheless!

Gary Johnson (gazj885) comes in, in second place netting a not insignificant runner up prize of £120.

I will be running this game again next season - new players are always welcomed - as are returning players. Will we have new winner next season or will someone who’s won before win it all over again?

Look out for details of the new game advertised on TFP sometime in late August 2024.

Well done Noel

1 Like