Introducing the UK NFL Live Pub Draft Weekend

Hi Noel,

Hope you don’t mind but just wondering if you have any news on the post curry plans on August 30th? Or if you have an idea on how many of the group shall be up for a late night?

With moving home its going to be a busy time for me but I would be up for booking a room if there are late night plans. I went to book a room today as others have already done but I would have to pay up front and the price appears to have jumped from £30 to £46 already.

If there is no major push for late night action I shall happily get the 2320 train home.

Cheers fella

Being honest mate on the Sunday I can’t find anything open later than about midnight in Redhill I’m afraid so the late night pub crawl will be the Saturday night with bars open to between 1 and 2am in town but alas the Sunday will be a curry and then depending on time a drink until all pubs have kicked us out so don’t want to mislead you - also there is a pub right next to curry house and would say at this point do the curry and grab last train - perhaps you can check times of trains from Earlswood to Redhill as the Curry house is right next to that train station which is a very small station and 1 stop from Redhill - otherwise you need to allow time to get a lift back to Redhill with rest of us post curry.

Excellent, thanks for the speedy reply. I shall get a cab to Redhill station for the last train. If there was nothing late in Redhill I was going to suggest those staying the night could hop on the train to London Victoria & share cabs back later on however I don’t want to change any plans you have made.

Cheers

Three leagues original
Second league Idp and keepers
And auction

Nice!!

could i be on the waiting list for the league 1 ? TFP Originals . pretty please

1 Like

I can add you but there is already a queue and very few drop out - hence me starting the 2nd league (you could be on the list for years and years in all honesty).

Noel I’m a bit confused
Is league 2 a mirror of originals now or still the more involved league ? You make a good point about the wAiting list if it’s a mirror and think there’s a couple of additional names on the wAit which could be in league 2

the only way i could enter the 2nd league is by paying 100 on 20th july then 100 on aug … (but don’t tell the misses!)
also i hesitated because of the IDP . never played that before , but i do like a challenge and would study the shit out of it :slight_smile:

No league 2 is STILL the more in depth IDP league - I now see I should of made two separate threads to make it more clear but as both is drafting the same weekend made it like a weekend event thread as other events hopefully surrounding draft like pre meal on the Saturday for those interested and pub crawl the Saturday night post that draft and post draft Sunday a curry night.

Could you put me down for the 200 IDP league and i pay in 2 instalments before draft night ?
also would we need to take a laptop or is it done by paaaaaper

1 Like

be happy to help you in anyway you need

2 Likes

Laptop is up to you but a proper draft kit is imported from America - all the players well main ones plus some sheets of blanks come on stickers and goes on a big board. Am sure there’s a video somewhere showing the board - if anyone has a picture or anything they could load up show the newbies be useful now…

As long as Payment is made by live draft deadline all is fine - I can’t really deviate from that as I need to be sure I have the funds to guarantee prizes etc. Would be preferable if you could send in one go even if nearer the time - if you need to hide it from ‘her in doors’ so to speak just credit £100 to your own PayPal account this month and then the other when you have it and send across even if on deadline day in 1 go. :sunglasses:

USA_Wannabe

“Study the sh*t out of it”

I like your style

1 Like

Right ok . well payment is upto you , i would rather pay 100 to you on 20th so im in the league and then you could look after it so i would be commited to paying the rest , anyway we’ll see .
But yeh book me in and i look forward to meeting you all , having read Matthew Berrys book and seen all the things they do just to do a offline draft .i like the sound of doing it myself :smile: i will book a hotel on payday .
Then study the shit out of it .

1 Like

Very Kindly Outsiders68 has made a wee video from last years draft from footage he shot I never knew about - enjoy guys:

TFP Originals - Inaugural Live Draft / 2014

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the video Sean although, agh makes me even more hopeful we can get a 2nd league away this year - looks like you guys had as good a time as id imagined and I’d really love to be involved this season.

Interesting to have these clips for posterity. Was interesting to watch this a year on - particularly hearing Simon (I think?) saying he picked Monte Ball because he thought he’d have a big year and then waited a round to pick LeVeon Bell because he was the only one left. Played out slightly differently in the end!

2 Likes

Like many things fantasy that’s what makes it fun!!

1 Like

Agreed! Would be dull if we all had crystal balls…

I don’t have the skills or the equipment but shame a TV company don’t want to do a documentary on us and mic us all up as it would be interesting watching our musings a year later see how those picks and thought processes paned out.

Don’t listen to me, I’m the wooden spooner lol!