Fantasy Tour de France - 2018 (Velogames)

FANTASY TOUR de FRANCE 2018

DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES TO BE SUBMITTED - SATURDAY, 7th July - 11:00 CEST (Central European Summer Time)

VELOGAMES FANTASY TOUR de FRANCE 2018 has launched.

Velogames is a free web site that runs separate fantasy games on cycling races - i.e. Giro d’Italia, Tour de France, Vuelta a Espana etc.

Their Grand Tour games are perfect for those of you that don’t have much time but like to have a go, as the only time you need to spend on any of their games is at the beginning selecting a team before the start of the race (as there are no transfers at all in Velogames fantasy Grand Tour cycling games).

So please click on this link to check their website out and familiarise yourself with the rules and how points are awarded:-

Velogames - Fantasy TdF

The game is free and you can join others or create your own private mini leagues.

I myself love a gamble and to create some rivalry I have set up my usual small stakes mini money league which I am taking a fiver (£5) of anyone who comes in to it. This is just to make up a prize for the eventual winner of my private mini-league.

The name of the league is: WINNER TAKES ALL
The leagues code is: 173896316

I think by the leagues name it’s self explanatory how the money gets paid out - more teams in the league, more money for the winner.

So click the link, pick a team and get a fiver to me. (If you don’t know the score regards how to pay just Private Message me and I’ll give you all the details).

Then just sit back and enjoy 3 weeks of cycle racing - TV coverage of the race in the UK for 2018 will be shown on ITV4 and Eurosport each day with a highlights show each evening at 7pm (which will also be available on catch up via the ITV Hub and the Eurosport player - a few hours later).

To see how your fantasy team is doing compared to the others in the mini league just visit the Velogames web site and log in every evening (after the stage has finished to see updated scores).

All the best and I really hope to see a few new teams in my mini-league this year (as well as all the regulars).

Best regards,

Noel Symonds

Looks like the fantasy game has been cancelled, Noel ?

Yes sadly it has - after I spent a few hours picking my team next day a notice appeared on Velogames website saying he had to suspend the game - can only guess greedy TdF threatened Velogames with lawyers over some kind of rights issue using the riders names and what have you - funny how this year TdF have their own fantasy game so guess wanted to stamp on the competition that already existed. I’m boycotting even watching the race this year now!

However I just noticed the following upon checking Velogames website - so hopefully just a 1 year hiatus: