Cheltenham festival 2015 tips and chat

Moving onto the second day after a bad first day what do you guys reckon bout tomorrow’s races? Think the champion chase is between SIRE DE GRUGY and CHAMPAGNE FEVER, slight preference for SDG, and in the RSA I’d take on DON POLI with IF IN DOUBT at 10/1, looking away from the top of the market quite fancying BEAST OF BURDEN in the Neptune at 9/1 too, what you guys think?

Balls - I hate the GG’s so my managers tip - TNO didn’t win and I loose another £25 along with my other bets on other stuff… I am beginning to hate betting - should have never gotten back into it… should of used the money to do a whole season following NFL stateside or gone on a single mans round the world pussy chasing vacation! :frowning:

ugh last leg lost again, had Windsor park, Don Poli and Sire De Grugy £20 treble to return to return a lot, like a thousand :frowning: oh well hedged and put 20 quid on Dodging Bullets so up like 20 quid in the end, third time lucky tomorrow hopefully haha

So Sire De Grugy and The New One both lost, Coneygree and Annie went for other races. On a level stake betting system I am 200% down with Djakadam E/W to come to rescue the cause ; )

@CitrusPlayer - If that’s in the Gold Cup then I hope your wrong as I just put some bets on Silviniaco Conti and also checking my open bets need that horse to win to bring in an open double I have where Vautor won the first half for me so I need SC to get my first Cheltenham win!

Also following George on some bets so if Beltor can win what ever race it’s in will get a small win there to as had that in a double with Vautor to.

A work mate text me some horses yesterday so wasted another £20 quid as his tips of Balder Success and Eduard didn’t do sweet FA! :-<

Have to say guys think you have awoken something in me and listening to Talk Sports coverage on the radio am perhaps starting to like the GG’s just a little bit. :smile:

It was the gold cup chap and my selection finished 2nd to claim back half my losses, in the end I ended the week 100% down lol

Funny that we all liked Coneygree, I did but only in the RSA which it obviously did not run in. Hope that somebody among us had the balls or knowledge to stay on.

Had a small bet on Coneygree, exactly for the reasons you stated. Fortunately after a terrible Thursday I kept the faith in my selections and Martello Tower did the business at 14-1. Early in the day I took advantage of a special offer of 3-1 on Peace and Co then followed up Coneygree with Killultagh Vic at 7-1 so ended the week in a nice profitable position.

Apart from the money, I took great delight in taking George to the cleaners in his fantasy game - I hope to repeat this feat next NFL season :smile:

Manager	Stable Name	                                Total	        Day	         Overall Pos

1 Dean Pool Dean from Yorkshire 1303.75 418.25 797
2 George BellhouseEdwards EdwardsEquines 685.60 5.00 19662
3 Noel Symonds Coming Up The Rear 433.30 45.00 28804

Nice one Dean, glad somebody made a profit.

Share ya tips next time Deano - I forgot to make my horse choices the last day in the fantasy game hence doing far worse than I would have… and tried to get in to the GG’s following tips from here, George and a work mate but ended up losing about a ton over the 4 days… but I have got a little into the GG’s now… like to make money as would be more fun… will do the fanto game for fun next year if Telegraph does it again - be nice get a few more entrants to challenge you though.

Hi Noel - I did share my tips last Thursday!
Triumph Hurdle NRNB
EW 1/4 1,2,3 Hargam 6/1 FINISHED THIRD
Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle NRNB
EW 1/4 1,2,3 Martello Tower 12/1 WON
Ryanair Chase NRNB
EW 1/4 1,2,3 Ma Filleule 5/1 FINISHED SECOND

I really wouldn’t bother with getting into Horse Racing if I were you. The gambling is a good thrill but it’s an extremely mature market full of very experienced punters who understand all the querks and anomalies that go with the sport.
You should still come to Cheltenham next year though, you cant do much damage with one or two days punting and the atmosphere is top drawer.

1 Like

I agree, when younger I loved the horses but by the nature of the dumb and beautiful beast its difficult to say the least. I tend to find you can manage ok when the quality racing is available as those horses tend to be more consistent and the racing less corrupt. It’s when you have nothing to do and start putting your money on moderate or poor racing that cash just goes flying out the window. Thankfully I stay well clear now and would advise you to do the same Noel.

1 Like

@Dean - I’m not a horse racing fan as yet but a big group day out would be fun especially with punters who are informed like yourself to follow (if ya willing) so yeah if you know the dates and can tell me so I can book the day(s) off and am sure there will be half a dozen of us at least then I’m in.

@CitrusPlayer -Ya advice is heeded perhaps just follow a few tips you experts share unlike my work colleagues who’s tips have cost me over a £150 quid thus far on the GG’s (not just Cheltenham) and do the Telegraph Cheltenham fantasy game as that was rather fun and short enough to not loose interest.

Last but not least with the money I lost gambling the last year still noring away in my gut I seriously need taking under some ones wing and really do want to know how on earth I can win back my losses (no time frame) but I keep records so know how much I am down if I ever added it all up. Just medium wins be nice now and again and are any long accumulators worth it - you know 50p or £1 and it’s like buying lotto ticket - odds is huge but you never know?

What ya reckon?

tbh mate… My advice would be to learn from it and move forward with no punting or controlled punting (small stakes fun only). Life is better without it and the more you listen to that noise in your stomach re getting your money back the more your likely to simply lose more (I have been there). I am giving thought to a golf system but even if it works I wont know for some time yet as we have other things taking our financial focus this year. There are more qualified people than I on this site to give you punting advice anyhoo…

Good luck