TFP Originals Poll 1 - Waivers - POLL CLOSED

Hi gang, hope I can set up this poll properly… otherwise I will be deleting this again pretty quickly…

NFL Fantasy offers three ways of running waivers

Inverse Order of Standings We did this in 2014 in the Originals. Gives teams with the poorest records the best waiver priority to claim players on waivers. Waiver priority is reset each Tuesday based on the current league standings

Waiver Acquisition Budget (WAB) We did this in 2015 in the Originals. Each team has seasonal budget which is the amount of points that each team has to bid on available players. The team with the highest bid wins that player and is charged the amount of WAB points that they bid to obtain the player.

Move to Last After Claim We did this in 2016 in the Originals. Sets the initial waiver priority based on the opposite of the draft order, but then the waiver priority only changes when a successful waiver claim is made, and that person drops to the bottom of the priority.

Now that we have tried all three ways, we can settle on a preferred way - or if you think there are merits in each waiver method then we could go round the loop again and use all three methods again for the next three seasons. If you are a returning Originals manager, or are planning to join / rejoin this season, please give your preference by next week (15 March)

cheers, Jon

• use Inverse Order of Standings from now on
  • use Waiver Acquisition Budget from now on
  • use Move to Last After Claim from now on
  • repeat all three methods for the next three seasons

0 voters

++ bump ++ :smile:

Voted - I liked the rotation so went that way. However happy to go with majority result if others prefer a set system to stick with.

1 Like

Poll has been open for a week - results are as follows:

So, we will repeat the 3 different waiver methods, that we used in years 1 to 3. (and will then probably have the same vote again)

cheers, Jon

1 Like

I think you need to wait till we have all 16 players to vote on these things. And which 7 voted was it locked down or anything. Also does this mean the actual winner for the waiver system for next year is the one that got zero percent?

Hi Al, all fair points

** I think you need to wait till we have all 16 players to vote on these things.
I considered this. But the flip side is, I wanted to make sure any new joiners knew what the rules of the game were before they committed to joining- rather than ask them to join a game where the rules were still being debated. Also, anyone new to this game doesn’t necessarily have the benefit of what we have experienced the last few years so may not be in the right position to make a call on this. There’s arguments either way, but I did at least bear this in mind before starting up the polls

** And which 7 voted was it locked down or anything.
Unless @neonadam can tell me otherwise, I don’t think the TFP site tells me who voted in the polls. Not perfect but I have to trust people not to come on here and vote at random I suppose

** Also does this mean the actual winner for the waiver system for next year is the one that got zero percent?
Yes… but it also means the winner is the one that got the most votes! As it happens, I voted for “all three”, but if I hadn’t included that in the poll as one of the options then I would probably have voted for Inverse Order Of Standings. Not sure if I could have worded the options any better, but if one waiver system was clearly the best of the three then it wouldn’t have needed many votes to win

So apologies, I can see how tricky it is to try to keep everyone happy , and I’m certainly glad to keep getting this kind of feedback from you and the rest of the gang. Bottom line is I want to keep the league ticking over through the off-season and also give people a chance to have their say, and I think that is happening at least

Cheers, Jon :+1:

2 Likes

I was at Cheltenham all week and missed the vote. But I’m with Gordon and hate the inverse of standings option with a passion and would opt out this year but happily go on the waiting list for next year. It’s ok for a £25 fun league but a £100 league I dont think it should even out. it’s just my personal preference though so go with the majority. I do think 2 of the options were essentially the same though as you are bound to review the waiver system next year.

I think you’re doing a great job with the league and I truly mean that.

1 Like