TFP Originals 2019 - Southampton live draft league

[1]

To any of our returning players from last year - welcome back! To any new players - welcome!

This is now the main league thread for the 2019 version of the Originals League - the sixth year of TFP’s original fantasy league with its live in-person draft day.

The roll of honour so far is:
2014 – Chris Parkes
2015 – Dean Poole
2016 – Robert McGregor
2017 – Chris Jennings
2018 – yours truly !

Are we going to crown a sixth different winner in 2019…?

It all gets underway with the draft day in Southampton, on Saturday August 31st. We’ll be in exactly the same venue as the last two years (the Hampshire Room, at the Ibis Hotel, just near Southampton Central railway station). In case we have any newcomers to the league I’ll post some more details with directions, local hotels etc later on.

4 Likes

[2]
Here is the list of managers who are confirmed for the 2018 league. Once people have signed up, and paid up, I will add their names onto the list.

1. Jon Cartwright – Southampton, Hampshire
  2. Sean Connors – Daventry, Northants
  3. Javier Aparicio – Milton Keynes, Bucks
  4. Noel Symonds – Merstham, Surrey
  5. Chris Jennings – Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
  6. Sam Devereux – Slough, Berks
  7. Ian Wray – Weybridge, Surrey
  8. Alan Roberts – Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
  9. Andy Smith – Brighton, East Sussex
  10. Robert McGregor – Dublin, Rep.of Ireland
  11. Dan Nichols – Middlesbrough, Teesside
  12. Simon Liu – Kingston, Surrey
  13. Adam Philbin - Kingston, Surrey
  14. Toby Nash – Surrey
  15. Jordan Allaway - Southampton
  16. Shani Senaratne - Amersham, Bucks

[3]
I am taking entries from returning managers first - until the end of April.

If you didn’t play last year, but are interested, please let me know and I will add you to the waiting list – once we reach the end of April, I will contact the waiting list in order to offer any places that have freed up.
After that, it is open to anyone!

Waiting list:

1. Dean Poole - can’t make the draft date :frowning_face:
  2. Shani Senaratne
  3. Mark Dimmock
  4. Shane the Yam Yam
1 Like

[4]
League Rules and Regulations

Money
£125 entry fee
The cost of the draft board and stickers for draft day, plus the cost of room hire, plus any other odds and ends needed for set up will come to about £200 ish - everything else will go to prizes.

The exact prizes will depend on how many managers join the league, and will be confirmed here in good time well before the season. If we get a full complement of 16 like last season, the first prize will once again be a cool £1,000!
The majority of the prize fund will go to the winners and runners up, with a few smaller prizes on offer to keep everyone in with a chance of getting something back.

League Set Up

There will be a 13 week regular season. At the end of that time, the top 8 teams will reach the playoffs (teams are ranked on number of wins - where two or more teams are level, total points scored is the tiebreaker).

For week 14, the number 1 seed will choose their opponent from the other 7 playoff qualifiers. Then the other six playoff qualifiers will be paired off automatically (highest remaining seed plays lowest remaining seed, second highest plays second lowest etc)

For week 15, the highest seed still in the competition will choose their opponent from the other 3 remaining teams. Then the other two remaining teams will be paired.

The roster will be : QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K, 1 Flex RB/WR/TE, 6 bench spots.

Scoring will be the default taken from the NFL.com fantasy league except where noted below:

The only difference to standard scoring is: individual offensive players will score 6 points for any touchdown they score, including punt returns and kick off returns. So if Tyreek Hill catches a punt and takes it back for a score, both Hill, and also the Chiefs defence / special teams will score points for this

Waivers
As with last year, we will use WAB (Waiver Acquisition Budget) for making in-season player pick-ups. All managers will have 200 waiver points for the season, and 3 ways they can use them:

1. On draft day, each manager will submit a private bid of 0 to 200 points. The manager with the highest bid gets first choice of draft spot, next highest has second choice etc (two or more managers with the same bid will draw lots for priority). Each team will then have the amount of their bid deducted from their 200 points, to leave their remaining budget for the season

2. During weekly waivers all managers can use any or all of their budget to bid for unowned players (as detailed on the NFL.com fantasy site)

3. During the season, all managers can use any or all of their budget as part of a trade deal (for example Manager A gives Andrew Luck to manager B, in exchange for Joe Flacco and 40 waiver points)

Count me in 100% Jon.

1 Like

Jon,
Happy to put my name forward again for 2019. As with most years, it will be subject to the scheduling of the boss as to whether I can actually participate at the live draft. Fingers crossed.
Drew

Brilliant - thanks for getting in touch, Drew, and I hope the date works out!

Ill be back to pick in the top 2 and not got a full game from my player. 2 years running now :sob:

Hi Jon - exactly the same position as Drew above, but looking 90% ok that I’ll be able to make it. I’ll confirm a little nearer deadline day if that’s ok. Andy.

Your shitty first round picks are a league tradition - can’t wait to see who you curse this year!!

No problem, understood. I will send a chaser to all last year’s managers nearer to the end of April deadline. Hope you are able to defend your Highest Weekly Score crown!

I’m in will send the money soon.

2 Likes

We have 8 people paid in - which is enough to confirm that the league goes ahead :smile:
Obviously hoping to push on to a full 16 managers , same as last season - keep that money pouring in!!

2 Likes

Hi Jon - I’m good to go! Same paypal address as last year?

2 Likes

Great news - yes please, same address

Jon - all done. Let the preperation begin…

1 Like

Can I be added to the waiting list please

Love the idea of doing a live draft and meeting up with you all for few beers etc and would love to give this a go

3 Likes

14 slots filled - yell now if you want in !!

2 Likes

Two more spaces left. Anyone up for a live draft? It’s the ultimate thrill in fantasy drafting.

2 Likes

1 space left.

1 Like