TFP CHALLENGERS 2016 NFL League

I’m going to settle on a date and announce it over this weekend.

Sean - is there any possibility of making it the day before the Originals?
Purely selfish reasons, I’ll be driving down to Redhill for the Sunday draft, so Northamptonshire would be a good place to book a night in a hotel, making the journey a relativley short one. Anyone intending to play both leagues would then be welcome to travel with me free of charge :smile:

That sounds like a very fair call dean think I could do that please remind. Me what date tat would make mine Saturday the ?

Apologies, the Originals is Saturday 3rd September, so I’d like to do the Challengers the day later?

That could work give me a day to consider and will get back to you

For what it’s worth I quite liked the idea of an earlier draft. I also would find commiting both the Saturday and the Sunday on the same weekend more tricky!

1 Like

Now five have paid I think that’s excellent right now!!

Hi Sean,

Just out of interest given that the draft date is early (good decision imho) would you consider allowing a slightly larger squad to help accommodate any pre season injuries, or perhaps have a small online redraft solution just prior to the season where players can drop/draft one or two more players (optionally)?

Just a thought dude.

Regards

I’m going to increase the bench by at least two players this makes perfect sense.

When is this?

Date set 6th August 12 noon.

Good to know fella, sounds good. Gives you the added benefit of drafting before pre-season and therefore bringing the skill of player projections much more to the fore.

1 Like

Agreed that’s the plan

We are now up to six paid wow once we get to ten minimum this league will 100% go ahead.

All details here 6/08/2016 at high noon draft start time

Hi Sean. I’m considering joining however I can’t seem to find anywhere that describes the rules. It’s probably right in front of me but can you let me know where I can find this. Thanks.

1 Like

Using same format as Noel’s that’s the default system NFL.com use with a few tweaks.

Let me highlight a couple

Got to run two divisions not four that we use in the originals.

The reason for this is it makes potentially more divisional games.
Also allowing us to then give the winner of those divisions a prize that being £100 Ie the cost of entry.

I will be using wr/rb and te in the flex position.

Given the draft is early I will be expanding the bench to 7/8 reserves I’m sorry can’t remember if we used 5/6 last year however I will expand mine by two.

The prize money will be split the same way most of my differences are small as I feel important the leagues are similarly set up.

I do plan on having a wonderful draft board imported from America to with prizes of NFL merchandise for certain draft spots for fun.

Plus a fun way of finding out your draft spot all decided on the day.

I’m sure others will help give you a steer and I’m always willing to chat over the phone.

Kind regards

Sean

I’m so tempted.

1 Like

CP I’ hope you are in whilst i hope in some regards this isn’t a mirror of the original league I feel it kind of needs a familiar feel to it to get it going. as important is that’ with the draft date and some rule tinkering from Sean this may represent a different challenge altogether hence I’m close to joining just waiting to figure out when our hols are planned.

@Outsiders68

Hi Sean

Apologies, but I’ve just realised that I’m now going to be away for the weekend of the 6th August so won’t be able to make this draft. It’s a shame, because I was really keen for this, but unfortunately can’t make that weekend.

Just wanted to let you know.

Best of luck to everyone else taking part!

1 Like