The interest I have had from people telling me this was one of their favourite leagues or their only auction league has been incredible. So much so I think a few people mooted doing their own spin off ones (as they were so keen to get started).
Therefor TFP Auction Draft (year 3) is a go.
Pretty much same rules as last year - all players that were involved last year have auto right of return should they want to play again. If anyone drops out or draft date / time does not suit I’ll invite people off the waiting list first in Chronological order and then finally if any spaces still league will be open to anyone who’s willing to pay entry fee prior to draft night.
This is a money league with same entry fee as last year - £50 per team - so a serious proposition.
Sticking to using NFL.com’s default settings last season seemed to work okay for everything from scoring to roster positions with the exception we used WAB points for the waiver wire so propose the same again for this year. However this can be debated here in this thread and if need be some polls put up for some tweaks - like the setting used to decide tie-breaks.
The only change I made last season to the NFL.com default settings was going with a Waiver Acquisition Budget regards free agents.
This season I have amended the Defense / Special Teams scoring with regards to ‘Team Def 2-point Return’ as the NFL made this rule change in the real game so am just catching up with that in our fantasy leagues - it’s worth the same as in the real game - 2-points.
I hope the league will remain the same size as last year and as such will have 16 entrants in 4 divisions of 4 that will be randomly drawn by me - I will most likely make a video or use an online randomising service.
All settings currently being used in this league can be viewed here: TFP Auction league settings
DRAFT - 9pm UK time (4pm US ET) Wed. Sep. 6th.
- Sunday 3rd Sep 9pm UK time (4pm US ET)
- Tuesday 5th Sep 7:30pm UK time (2:30pm US ET)
- Tuesday 5th Sep 9:00pm UK time (4pm US ET)
- Wednesday 6th Sep 7:30pm UK time (2:30pm US ET)
- Wednesday 6th Sep 9:00pm UK time (4pm US ET)
- Thursday 7th Sep 7:30pm UK time (2:30pm US ET)
- Thursday 7th Sep 9:00pm UK time (4pm US ET)
So below is a list of those who sign up for this year and when they have paid they will be moved up the list on that basis and bolded - to show they have paid.
EDIT - Entry fee to be paid before live draft please - so anyone who has not paid by midnight Tuesday September 5th (going into Wednesday September 6th) could be deleted from the league and not be taking part. Also as this league needs an even number of teams to work should this mean an odd number of teams are left unfortunately I may have to knock the last team to have paid out as well - should this happen I will refund their entry fee naturally but them the breaks and so the fairest way to do it imho is the last to pay is the one who gets knocked. Just so you all know.
TFP £50 Online Auction Draft League
Sign Up List (Bolded when paid)
NAME (team name) / TFP Username
- Noel Symonds (Shak Attack) / bluelionman
- Wesley Lang (Auction No Scope Sniper) / Fragilezim
- Connor Clark (Glen Rebels) / BIG_C
- Daniel Carr (Deflate Me FC) / otleyroad
- Alan Roberts (T1tsburgh Feelers) / Alan_Feelers
- David Garcia Fernandez (The Knights of Santiago) / David_Garcia_Fernand
- David Dean (Harry the Hitmans Heros) / ccfcchris
- Robert McGregor (Viking City) / mconabike
- Iain Morris (Mozza’s Mob) / Mozza_19
- Gary Johnson (They are we thought they were) / ???
- Dean Poole (Warden Of The North) / Dean
- Nicholas McKay (Red Kites) / ndmckay
- Mark Dimmock (Coventry Packers) / markdimmock812
- Sean Connors (VooDoo Dolls) / Outsiders68
Waiver Acquisition Budget (WAB) - Each team is allotted a seasonal budget. This seasonal budget is the amount of points that each team has at their disposal to bid on available players. The team with the highest bid wins that player and is charged the amount of WAB points that they bid to obtain the player. If you bid on a player, but lose to a higher bid, you do not forfeit the amount of points that you bid. All of the WAB points that you bid will be returned to your seasonal budget. In the event of a tie, the team with higher waiver priority will win the bid. For more information, visit: Waiver Acquisition Budget (WAB)
PRIZES - assuming we have 16 teams then same as last year:
Winner - £400
Runner Up - £200
Third - £100
Fourth - £50
Highest Weeks Score - £50
Total - £800
TFP Auction Draft Official waiting list
OFFICIAL WAIT LIST (If you are sure you want in to this money league then ask to go on this official waiting list and when a current member leaves or hits 3 strikes or more the first person on the list will be offered the chance to claim that spot for the next season and so on down the list):
Name / TFP Forum Name
- Ian Jones (Kicker Conspiracy) / falbravo / (for 2018 season)
- Andy Smith (???) / Rick_Spangle / (for 2018 season)
- Chris Waterhouse (???) / Oselly / (for 2018 season)
Current Vacancies = 3 (for 2017 season)