TFP AUCTION DRAFT - (Year 2) online £50 Money League

That NFL.com online draft room is a mess right now, got auto nominated a player cos I couldn’t click anyone and then couldn’t see who it was… same thing happened with Mark earlier when he nominated Forsett (but no one else could see him or bid on him)…

…except my bloke who we couldn’t see turned out to be Ronnie Hillman lolololololololol!!!

Cheers gents. Noel have the divisions been set as you wanted?

No - I dropped the ball on this one and discovered you can only edit them pre-draft not post-draft so for this year we are stuck. I spent to much time getting over hangover then filling league to draft.

Will plan far better next year get my leagues done early building up to my live offline one hopefully being the final one.

No worries, I’ll knock out Simon for you in our division. :slight_smile:

Then everyone had players auto nominated after I picked Forsett. Think they’ve been taking lessons from NFL UK

I can confirm every one has paid (thank you) and the prizes are as posted in the very first post of this thread. Good Luck ! :sunglasses:

I so did not deserve to win that matchup!! Thank you Andrew Luck

Ouch, nice win Alan.

1 Like

Noel - The trade I asked you to suspend/reverse has gone through this morning- NOT GOOD. The trade was a genuine mistake accepted by both parties immediately on Thursday morning. Can I suggest you change settings which allow you to do whatever is necessary so you have the power of veto to stop this happening in the future.
You need to have this kind of power to stop unbalanced or collusion trades going though.

Fortunately on this occasion the player who is getting shafted the most is yourself. The guy trading Wentz did not have a QB this week and now has Philip Rivers in a potential shoot-out game against YOU.

Weird I didn’t see a message about this one - only the one in the other league you did with Al which you then asked me to allow as you would trade back.

QB for QB Rivers for Wentz on season form seems fair to me - as long as guy dealing Rivers away has another QB to cover the Bye this week. I guess others also didn’t feel it warranted voting against for it to go through - pretty sure settings only send to commissioner to veto or allow if 50% +1 GM’s vote against a trade.

Also why are people so quick to hit accept button on trades knowing they can’t cancel - I’d say be sure take extra time to check trade makes sense or what button your hitting is the right one for want you want to do although NFL.com could make it 2 step to help with a double check to avoid mistakes (which I will feedback to them).

Noel - there’s only been one trade between me & Al, this is it??

Fair or not it was a genuine mistake that you should be able to correct. Unlike some, I took time to respond the trade with my reasons not to accept. Unfortunately in my haste to get to work I then clicked the wrong button.
Thanks for your advice, I would rather keep the league as friendly and polite as poss but if this is the response to a mistake I think in future it may be safer to simply ignore trades.

As I said previously, you’re the biggest loser in this episode - did you try and veto the trade?
You need to adjust the settings to give yourself more power because this seems like a very easy mistake to make.

Would have Veto’ed as it was requested by Dean. Was in the middle of nowhere so couldn’t get signal!

1 Like

I voted against the trade as requested. Tbf until something like this happens u wouldnt think to set up the league with the comissioner to have a veto, just unfortunate. Anyway barring a disaster of biblical proportions tonight think i finally got a win this week, the worm has turned…:+1:

1 Like

Cheers Big C.

I’ve heard about this happening a couple of times in other leagues and I’m normally very careful, i just typed out and explanation about why I didn’t fancy the trade then simply clicked the wrong button by mistake. I now see how easy it is to make an error which could be very costly. I’m of the strong opinion that the commissioner should be able to reverse any trade to protect the league. ie, what if the trade had been a kicker for an elite WR, that should never be allowed to go through. The fortunate about the trade this week, it substantially worked against the commissioner, so he had every incentive to do whatever possible to reverse it (as agreed immediately by both parties).
I would hope this episode persuades Noel to adjust his settings to give him more powers should this happen in the future (to anyone).

Dean as said previously I am happy to trade back or was happy if it was vetoed. So just send the trade if you want rivers back. I think as commissioner you can change the option and cancel the trade and then put it back to the normal system.

Thanks Al, fortunately no harm done my back-up QB managed to salvage enough points ‘just’. I now get the benefit of a rested Wentz, so I’ll go with the trade. As Noel said it was a balanced ‘fair’ trade (missing the point), best of luck for the rest of the season, looks like we’ve both had good starts.

I think I would of got killed this week whatever tbh… with the shocking performance from my Detroit guys and zero points for my NE K. :scream:

Yeah you used all your lions luck on battering me the week before you punk!!

2 Likes

Noel - just so you know I am aware that I’ve an active player on a Bye, I’m monitoring the situation and wil make a FA trade if I think I need to

1 Like

FMG… 4.8 from 3 players?? Enjoy the win this week Dean.

1 Like