TFP AUCTION DRAFT - (Year 2) online £50 Money League

Wow - people certainly seem to like an Auction draft.

Hopefully anyone that misses out can get in Dean’s Yorkshire one (or is that a live offline one)?

Anyways I’ve only had a working PC about 2 weeks and been trying to catch up with e-mails ever since and heavily recruiting for Premier League games - of which the season starts this Friday. Tried to get an early draft going for my Show Me The Money NFL.com £20 snake draft league but people didn’t seem to want an early draft in that league… so postponed that - yet here people are advocating an early draft - can’t seem to win.

Will look to try and pick draft dates and times for all my NFL.com leagues this coming weekend - as Premier League season will be up and running by then (so no more recruiting time needed for that) but I’ve also been spending much time trying to get word out about ‘TFP Originals’ to get that back up to full quota for September and so been personally hitting up NFL fans from groups I’m in on FB and messaging or tweeting people that follow me on Twitter that mention they like NFL in their bios. I redirect them to the info here on TFP but as yet don’t think Jon’s had anymore bites - however I’m a persistent bugger so will persevere.

Any way I digress - as for this auction draft league I can say this league will run for a 3rd year and it will draft before season starts so don’t sweat it guys… will get a date up by end of this coming weekend and then people can know if it works for them or not.

:football: :thumbsup:

1 Like

Any chance we can avoid playing the final week 17 Noel. Zeke, Lev Bell and Antonio Brown all were rested week 17.

I confess Alan I really like having a league that goes all the way (Week 17) but think fairest thing to do as we are playing for a fair old wedge is have a vote on this - however only want to count the votes of people that are actually playing in the league this year so I will set a poll up in the league itself as well as here. That way all can vote here but only those playing in the league this year can vote there. I’ll set a poll up with a straight choice of ending the seaon on Week 16 or 17. Hopefully all will vote in the league there (as that’s the poll I’ll be using) but will also run a poll here (as the one here can be made public) so I can see who’s voted and know who to chase up for the league itself but also here will give a wider reading of peoples preference even for those not playing this year. However I will go with the majority vote in the leagues internal poll - if it’s a tie then I’ll keep it as is (Week 17), but if I am proved to be in the minority (which I kind of suspect I am) then I’ll change it, can’t really be fairer than that can I? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy with a vote/poll Noel

1 Like

Shoot me down if this is not to every-ones liking

I am running out of time to fit all my drafts in and people in money leagues like to know as much information as possible - it’s a killer to do your number one pick and 50 notes to boot just to see him go down and out for the season in a nothing pre-season game.

For this reason and the fact I’ve never done a draft so close to a season start plus everyone should be well versed by then I was thinking of either a new season eve draft (Wednesday night) or Thursday evening draft. I take it lots of us will be staying up to watch the opening game anyhow?

I can do any time either night as I am not working - never got around to booking a holiday so using it for admin and all things NFL. I know some people have work next day so could schedule it for middle evening - late enough to of got the kids into bed (if you have some) but not so late that your falling asleep at the keyboard - say 7:30 pm.

Thoughts?