TFP AUCTION DRAFT - online £50 Money League

It has been indicated to me that many people wanted to do an offline live auction draft which alas hosting on my draft weekend I don’t think there will be time to fit one in that I could run or be a part of with my 2 existing leagues of which one is new so unsure of how long it will take. However I quite like the idea of an auction draft with a lot of you guys and feel it could be a great way to get GM’s from each league to interact more with one another so a good medium to me is to do an online one as a prelude to the live draft weekend - sort of an ice breaker - that people from either league can sign up to - as well as anyone else who is a member of this website even if not involved in the live draft games.

I have decided to make this a money league with £50 entry per team - so still a very serious proposition.
Also as it’s a new format to me and am sure maybe to a lot of the prospective GM’s am sticking to using NFL.com and almost all it’s default settings for everything from scoring to positions. There will be no debating on this the first year as I want everyone to know where they stand and so have set the league up all ready so people can view all the settings before signing up:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3082965/settings

So make a decision based on those settings as to whether this auction draft money league is something you want into or not.

The only change I have made to the NFL.com default settings is going with a Waiver Acquisition Budget regards free agents.

I will be happy to run this league with any number of entrants but it has to be even numbers and the minimum the system requires is 8 teams and maximum is 20 teams. Not knowing how popular this will be I can not say what the prizes will be until final number of entrants is known but assure you every penny will go to make prizes and I will confirm these hopefully prior to drafting but if not certainly before the season starts.

Naturally how many teams make the play-offs, what weeks these run over and how many divisions we have in the league are all dictated by the number of entered teams. Right now I have set the league up on the basis the league fills with 20 teams - in which case I have made 8 teams making the playoffs which will run over the last 3 weeks of the regular season - Weeks 15, 16 & 17. I have also set up 4 Divisions each containing 5 teams each. I am not sure what the NFL default is for teams that make the post season - whether that’s top 2 each Division or Just Division winners guaranteed plus 4 Wild Cards but what ever the NFL.com default is - as I have not changed any settings on that front.

Last but not least should I not fill the league and we end up with an odd number of teams then alas the last team to have paid their entry fee will be knocked and entry fee refunded. Hopefully that won’t happen but just to be clear up front how I decide who looses their space am making it clear.

So below is a list of those who sign up and when they have paid they will be moved up the list on that basis and bolded - to show they have paid. The draft date is set for 9pm UK time (4pm US ET) Sunday August 2nd and hope that’s good for all but if not it can be negotiated but I hope it can remain on that date as it works for me at this point in time.

EDIT - Entry fee to be paid before live draft - so anyone who has not paid by midnight Saturday August 1st (going into Sunday August 2nd) will be deleted from the league and not be taking part. Also as this league needs an even number of teams to work should this mean an odd number of teams are left unfortunately I may have to knock the last team to have paid out as well - should this happen I will refund their entry fee naturally but them the breaks and so the fairest way to do it imo is the last to pay is the one who gets knocked. Just so you all know.

TFP £50 Online Auction Draft League Sign Up List (Bolded when paid)

NAME (team name) / TFP Username

1. Noel Symonds (Shak Attack) / bluelionman
2. Dean Poole (Warden Of The North) / Dean
3. Robert McGregor (Viking City) / mconabike
4. Daniel Nichols (Aint Got a Kalou) / Flacco2012 / 3 Strikes - OUT
5. Andy Watt (AWNFL) / AWNFL
6. Connor Clarke (Glen Rebel Wild Thangs) / BIG_C
7. Wesley Lang (Auction No Scope Sniper) / Fragilezim
8. David Garcia (Antifragile Team) / David_Garcia_Fernand
9. Andy Smith (Sweezy come Sweezy go) / Rick_Spangle
10. Sean Connors (Rage Against The Vereen) / Outsiders68
11. Daniel Carr (Deflate Me FC) / otleyroad
12. Matthew Keyte (Correct PSI levels) / mattkeyte
13. Alan Roberts (T1tsburgh Feelers) / Alan_Roberts
14. Simon Steel (Men of Steel) / sjsteel17
15. Ian Jones (Kicker Conspiracy) / falbravo / 1 Strike
16. George Bellhouse-Edwards (Georges Grizzlies) / UkDetroit3Lions

Further Info:

Waiver Acquisition Budget (WAB) - Each team is allotted a seasonal budget. This seasonal budget is the amount of points that each team has at their disposal to bid on available players. The team with the highest bid wins that player and is charged the amount of WAB points that they bid to obtain the player. If you bid on a player, but lose to a higher bid, you do not forfeit the amount of points that you bid. All of the WAB points that you bid will be returned to your seasonal budget. In the event of a tie, the team with higher waiver priority will win the bid. For more information, visit Waiver Acquisition Budget (WAB): http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-WAB

Will be happy to buy in but twenty teams is a lottery sixteen would be better maximum

Why’s that - surely more players more skill you need on the lesser know players?
No guarantee I will get 20 sign ups just don’t want to refuse anyone and system allows up to 20 max.

Noel - Can you sign me up for this please. Is payment the usual ‘paypal’ way? If so I’ll send later this week.

Hi Noel,

Good luck with this, wish I had known of it before 1 month ago. Since then I signed up to a new dynasty league and the thought of doing any more would just dilute the fun for me. It looks like a great idea though!!

Regards

No hurry for payment - but yeah PayPal is fine.

Hey Noel.
Cheers for the email.
Count me in please.
Robert

Hi Noel,

It’s Alan from the Feelers. Count me in please. Not sure whether it will be a joint team or one of my own

Noel - you have two Paypal addresses listed can you confirm which one to make the payment please.

Sorted - get me in ‘bold’ quick and add me to the game, this one is going to fill up fast. Would have been fun to do a live auction but perhaps safer to do an ‘online’ game in the first year.

I’m looking forward to this one, when are we proposing to draft? (I’m away late July)

You can leave it autobid Dean :smile:

1 Like

Where do I have 2 listed Dean?
If just in your PayPal a/c then FYI both my personal e-mail addy and my blmfantasygames@hotmail.co.uk addy are linked to my PayPal a/c. That’s why when I pay out it looks like it has come from my other one as I had that first and is the one I log in to PP with but later when I started the other e-mail a/c for my fantasy games I linked it to my PayPal also - so always use the games one to pay me but if anyone uses my other one by accident (bluelionman@hotmail.com) I still get the funds - it’s just I may not pick up so quickly someone has paid as it will e-mail my other personal e-mail a/c and not my games one to say I got funds. Hope that clears everything up for you and anyone else. :smile:

If you read the info above I said this:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Great can make that date excellent !!

Getting all money in on 25/7 I hope that is ok

Date okay but 6pm seems a bit early for a summers day, any chance of a little bit later? I’m in a kart race in Middlesborough that day and wont be back home until the afternoon (I will need to do some last minute crammming for a 16 team league)

Hmmmmnnn if I do this one I will need to quit the Betfair one (can’t handle keeping track of more than 2 throughout the season and on Sundays!). Will make a decision on it in July depending on how it fills up along the way.

I have no issues making it later Dean but when I set the league up needed to pick a date and time and as traditional NFL time in UK is Sundays at 6pm went for that. I am happy to make it 9pm but only if the people already signed up have no issue with changing time - as moving to suit one can often not suit another so only fair to ask those already committed. So I will contact Sean, Robert and Alan if they are all in agreement will knock it back to 9pm ASAP and adjust the info before anyone else signs up. Can’t really say fairer than that. :smiley:

1 Like

9pm fine by me, in fact any time Sunday is fine

Thanks Noel - Countt me in for either time, I just thought 6pm would be too early on a red hot sunny day* and you shouldn’t miss the opportunity to top up your tan :stuck_out_tongue:

*Always sunny in Yorkshire

Good news for you Dean - Robert, Sean and Alan are all cool with the switch to 9pm so now it is 9pm and will adjust all info to show this. :sunny:

2 Likes