TFP AUCTION DRAFT - online £50 Money League

No problem Noel.

I was wondering, are any of you keen to maybe try a dynasty buy in league? Think that would be very cool.

I’m in one already, but picked up a orphan team which is not ideal.

Cheers Citrus player!

I tried to get one off the ground last year - a live offline draft one imported a draft kit and everything but it fell through. Trouble with a dynasty for money league is what you have found already - when someone leaves how can anyone new be happy to pay and take over someone else’s team especially if its weak. Alas I leaned the hard way that these were big stumbling blocks and thus now think a keeper and dynasty type league is best left for non money leagues. I actually run some like that myself - I care about all my leagues in equal measure both money and free ones and commission 6 annually - the free ones I keep all details about them on separate threads on the NFLUK forum and keep records and screen shots etc. I also operate waiting lists for each of them. The strictness I police my leagues internal rules with makes them very competitive and have no truck with flaky GM’s so operate a 3 strikes and out policy which means over time have gotten serious and committed players which has made the players really value my leagues as I have heard that’s a rare commodity in free leagues as to many people flake as the season goes on when doing badly and then the victories become hollow.

Any way in case you or anyone else wants in to any of my free leagues I will post some links here where more details can be viewed (however each of my leagues has strict joining criteria so not every one will qualify for every league - as there can only be one country/team in some):

The No Bollox League

REAL TEAM ALLEGIANCE League

INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE

I think the best way to encourage people to take over a dynasty orphan is to have a reduced entrance fee for x years and for the rookie draft to be fixed rather than snake.

I play in a 40 buy in and my team is dire. If I knew I was paying half, I’d suck it up for a few years.

Agreed, coming in late should have a plus side that counters the fact your managing somebody elses team.

Evening - I’ve been floating the idea on here of starting a contract based dynasty league, which I would organise.

Got a couple of people interested already and I suspect i will finalise the rules and start signing people up once we are past the Super Bowl. Hope this is of imterest!

I have noticed Jon but not had time to read your full details as yet - just the thread and I already did tip the wink to Fragilezim about it when I see his dynasty request here and came across your thread afterwards. I may well be interested when and if spaces still exists when I have time to settle down and look at it thoroughly. :sunglasses:

1 Like

PRIZES

Winner - £400 = Wesley Lang (Auction No Scope Sniper) / Fragilezim
Runner Up - £200 = Connor Clarke (Glen Rebel Wild Thangs) / BIG_C
Third - £100 = Georger Bellhouse-Edwards (Georges Grizzlies) / UkDetroit3Lions
Fourth - £50 = Noel Symonds (Shak Attack) / bluelionman

Highest Weekly Score - £50 = Alan Roberts (T1tsburgh Feelers) / Alan_Roberts (160.16 - Week 3)

Total - £800

1 Like

Well played Wesley. Drafted a great value team, hopefully you’re up for a back-to-back win in 2016, although you wont be getting Antonio Brown next season for $50.

Count me in for this game again and if we’re drafting early again, that suits me.

3 Likes

Strikes (3 and lose auto right of return for next season) I don’t like quitters in my leagues just because they are out of the running for a prize. Strikes are only issued if you don’t win your match up and you started players who were officially ruled out before their teams game day, players who’s team is on a bye or leaving a starting spot empty - 1 strike for each player or infraction that falls into that criteria.

Week 17 - 4 Strikes

1 strike to
Ian Jones (Kicker Conspiracy) / falbravo

• started Marcus Mariota QB, TEN - OUT

3 strikes to (so lost automatic right of return to TFP Auction Draft league next season)
Daniel Nichols (Aint Got a Kalou) / Flacco2012

• started Cecil Shorts WR, HOU - OUT
  • started Melvin Gordon RB, STL - OUT (on IR)
  • started Ladarius Green TE, SD - OUT (on IR)

Cheers mate, was my first ever auction draft and it was massively fun. By far the best league I’ve randomly joined, very competitive but very classy participants.

Will absolutely be back for this season.

2 Likes

Don’t know if there are any spaces this year but if not add me to the waiting list please

Do we have a date sorted for this?

@TheOnlySimon - will add you (but you passed last year as you said you could only manage 2 leagues and wanted to stay in your Betfair League - now this year your already in 3 if you have joined Sean’s live one, so this would make 4).
@Dean - nope plenty of time yet… need to fit it in amongst the 6 other NFL leagues I run and need to make a draft date for. Am focusing on my Premier League games first and the I’ll look into my NFL ones… don’t panic Mr Mannering!

Last year I was on a diet, this year I am full fat :smiley:

1 Like

Well good news for you is I can not find an official waiting list that I started before now so unless I find one then your #1 on it and with one guy falling foul of my strikes rules last year (see post #178 in this thread) you will be offered the spot 100% being number 1 on the waiting list so you binge can press on - GOLD TOP!

1 Like

Simon, there’s a potential opening in a £50 2 x QB league which Adam and I played last season. It’s a BIG scorer… so right up your street. Let me know if you would like me to sound out the Commish to add you (or anyone else) to the waiting list.

Its a good fun league with WhatsApp support and banter.

nah I’m staying at 4.

Originals and betfair ones are legacy for me, Sean’s one is cos it’s the next big thing and auction is cos I’m just curious about it.

1 Like

Any news on this league please, as this Sunday is probably the best available date for a draft for me as I have other draft dates coming up and holidays.