TFF 2019/20 - 'BLM PREMIERSHIP' (£40 Money League)

These are my additional internal rules for the Telegraph Fantasy Football 2019/20 Premier League game.

The Telegraph has released its rules for this seasons TFF Premiership game of which full details can be found via this link:-

TFF Premier League - Home

If after reading the Telegraphs game information & rules along with these additional internal Super League rules you wish to play in the ‘ BLM PREMIERSHIP ’ Super League then please feel free to sign up and join my Super League online.

The rules and everything are as the Telegraph states them… they run everything… the only difference with this Super League is I am charging £40 per team to join my Super League.

Now my internal fee of £40 may sound like a lot but it works out at approximately £1 per week for the duration of the football season. This internal entry fee is to facilitate making our own cash prizes for the winners and to promote competition within our own Fantasy Football Super League.

There is just one payment option this year:

All entry fees up front - either in cash (if you see me in person) or if not and you don’t know the score regards paying me online then please PM from here (TFP) and I will inform you how.

So what exactly do you get for your money - well £1 of the £40 (per team) internal Super League entry fee goes towards the administration of all my games. This is the only game each year I take an admin fee from and goes towards subsidising all my games that I do. This helps towards my costs for all sorts of admin - phone calls, printing, sending out winners medals etc. not to mention having to chase the Telegraph up to sort things out when problems or issues arise, as they invariably do. Also this fee helps offset when I am out of pocket, as I have been some years regarding paying the final prizes in this game when finances do not work out or someone’s payment was reversed.

The other £39 per entrant goes into the prize fund and is paid back out as prizes. This year’s prizes will be the same as last years…

PRIZE POSITIONS

Overall Super League

1st - 30%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

GOALS winner - 10%
STARTING XI winner - 10%
CUP winner - 15%

CHART PRIZES - £10 (awarded every week to highest weekly scorer.)

(No chart prizes will be awarded on weeks where no games are played - i.e. international breaks.)

Now the final prize positions are given as percentages because the final prize amounts will be affected by the number of entrants I get and any peeps that simply don’t pay up after joining etc. Any occurrences of this nature won’t be tolerated and come the start of September I will delete without reference any teams that have not been paid for.

All team entry fees are requested to be paid once you have joined the league. To be clear NO ONE can win a prize before they have paid the internal entry fee so should anyone who has not paid up post the highest weekly score then that weekly chart prize is forfeited and that money just stays in the pot to increase the final end of season prize amounts for the eventual winners. Furthermore any teams still not paid for by 1st September will be deleted from the league and manager on a 1 years ban from all games I run. So please pay promptly to avoid these eventualities as you can not say you were not warned.

Other things to mention are that if two or more people tie for a chart win the prize is shared (split equally). However any tie for prize positions at the end of the season will be decided by the Telegraphs Tie-Break rules. I will pay out on how TFF list you - so if TFF list you in a joint position this will result in an adding together of the prize’s due for those tied positions and then them being split equally between the tying managers - but only if teams are listed in the same prize position. It is worth noting the Telegraph changes game operator from time to time and some seem to not like ties (going on past experience). They seem to have criteria to split you - whether it be overall game position for the spin off leagues and goals scored in the overall league. I have had a look at the rules for this season and they do indeed have such tie-breakers in effect for this season so please familiarise yourself with them here (16. Tie-Breaks):

TFF - Premier League / Terms and Conditions

So this is something to watch out for as I must abide by their game rules - so even if two or more manager’s tie for number of Goals scored I will be paying out whom the Telegraph list as 1st. Some years they have listed you if you scored the same amount of goals as jointly in that position - some years they have instead used criteria to break ties (as mentioned above). The Telegraph decides this and I pay out on how they list you - so how they list the Super League positions is key.
PLEASE REMEMBER THIS!

The ‘BLM’ CUP competition. Every team entered into the ‘BLM PREMIERSHIP’ S/L will automatically be entered into the ‘BLM’ CUP. All the teams in the ‘BLM PREMIERSHIP’ before the real FA Cup 3rd Round starts will be entered into a random draw in front of a witness. The Cup will work on a knock out basis. I will produce a list of the ties and e-mail this out to everyone in the league (I have an e-mail address for) so you can see whom you’re up against. For this reason do keep me advised of your current e-mail address if your a new player to my Super League or have changed it since last season. Also I will try to post these fixtures on this thread as and when they are made.

So when the FA Cup 3rd Round starts (the round when Premiership & Championship teams come into it), that weeks scores only will decide who goes through to the next round. Basically whoever has the highest score for that one week only, out of the two teams drawn against each other goes through. On occasions there may be an odd amount of teams in which case the last three teams out of the bag will be in a three way tie and the two teams with the highest score that FA Cup week will go through to the next round. In the event of draws, to decide which team goes through to the next round, the scores will be compared for the following week (and so on if need be) until there is a difference in scores. The team with the higher score will go through, the other will be out. As soon as a round is completed a draw will be made for those teams left in the next round of the cup and those ties will take place on the next FA Cup week. Our Cup competition is trying to mirror the real FA Cup competition. Non FA Cup games can also score you points in our cup game if you are lucky enough to have any Premier League games (with your fantasy players in) taking place in the same scoring week as the FA Cup games.

However you can pretty much be assured when it is an FA Cup weekend it is also a Cup scoring week in our own Super League Cup competition (for those left in it). Based on previous seasons experiences there may be times when we have to miss out a round (or in the future add an extra round) to get our number of teams down to just eight, to match the real FA Cup quarter-finals, semi-finals and final. In any event it will be done fairly, notice will be given in time for managers to make adjustments if they wish / need to (i.e. transfers) but when the real FA Cup quarter-finals take place we will also only have 8 teams left in our Cup competition.

Also to make the 8 teams needed for the Quarter-finals their may be the need for the preceding round to be an all v all round between all the remaining teams left if there are not enough teams left to make separate games and still leave 8 teams after. For instance if I have 12 teams then separate games would leave me with only 6 teams so in this case it would be an all v all round with the 4 lowest scoring that Cup week going out and the remaining 8 going through to the Quarter-finals.

My league is open to new entries even after the start of the season but my GOLDEN RULE is any new teams joining late must join the league on zero points - no putting in a team that’s done well a few weeks in. This is to make sure it is fair and an even playing field for all, no waiting to see what kind of start you got off to and sticking what you think is your best team in then.

FYI in past Telegraph fantasy games I have noticed those joining late were not entered into the ‘Starting XI’ spin off league so if you join late you have no chance to win this spin off league should this still be the way they do it.

Also in case it was not made clear earlier in these rules you can enter multiple teams into this Super League so long as you pay the internal entry fee which is £40 per team.

Finally there is no league of league prize this year - I think this is because the Telegraph is a free game to play this season (no buying of credits needed) so naturally they have had to reign in their national prizes.

Super League Name: - BLM PREMIERSHIP
Super League PIN: - 8005546
Passcode: - 6007

best regards,

bluelionman Noel Symonds

In :+1:

£40 coming your way Noel

1 Like

This is the draw for Round 1 of this seasons BLM Cup. Highest weeks scorer in each match up goes through, loser is out. Any draws the replay is the very next week and so on until there is a split in the scores.

Please remember any FA Cup or Premiership games that take place during a Cup scoring week all count towards your cup score.

Draw was overseen by Noel Symonds - bluelionman (BLM Premiership chairman) and conducted by Douglas Hay - McBear (BLM Premiership TFF Manager).

Our Cup competition is trying to mirror the real FA Cup so our Cup Rounds will be played on the same weeks, with the FA Cup final week also being our BLM Cup final week. The BLM Cup winner will net 15% of the final prize pot at the end of the season.

Our Cup competition is trying to mirror the real FA Cup so our Cup Rounds will be played on the same weeks, with the FA Cup final week also being our BLM Cup final week. The BLM Cup winner will net 15% of the final prize pot at the end of the season.

Best of luck to those who progressed, Noel.

Okay here’s the final charts - this is the weekly winners for this season ( £10 a week or split thereof for tied weeks):

Final Overall Table

Final Goals Table

Final Starting XI Table