Super bowl - Betting Theory

Interesting to note last years MVP was a linebacker and wondering if lightning can strike twice - if the legion of boom turn up and do a job on New England as they did Denver last year then a Defensive MVP is not so crazy to envisage … & if so the same player Malcolm Smith (OLB) is 125/1 with Betfred.

Think I might stick a fiver on him and hope for a repeat performance…

If this is going to be low scoring like I think, its almost certain that a Def player will pick up the MVP.

1 Like

I’m thinking it’s gonna be either Brandon Browner 100/1, jamie Collins 80/1, Devin McCourty 150/1 or Chandler Jones 150/1, right now siding with Collins and McCourty these are based off the pats winning as I think they will, if the Seahawks win it’ll be either Lynch 11/2 or Kam Chancellor 33/1

@UkDetroit3Lions - Hope your wrong on the Pats - my gut tells me the Hawks will repeat and I hope they do - BIG TIME!

@ BLM

Noel have you logged into Paddy Power recently? I logged in this morning to find a notice saying that I was “special” and so have got enhanced prices on some events, check out the below screenshot/price. On another note I just love the humorous approach to marketing that PP have…

In the end I went with the Pats to win by up to 13, I also went with the double result where I backed both teams to come from behind in the 2nd half and finally a cheeky little punt on Tim Wright to sneak the MVP award at 200-1.

I don’t generally like the Pats but I’m supporting them this weekend… Go Pats!!

Damn I like the price for the Hawks but I had a row with PP several months ago and I lost my rag with them and we agreed to part ways so they closed my a/c - so it’s the one sports book I don’t have an a/c with and can’t use unfortunately for this one - hope another sports book is watching this thread and matches or beats them (lol).

Gordon - I hope they let you have a substantial amount on at that price.
Even if I fancied the Pats (which I do), i’d sell my house to get 15/8 on SS

** I just logged on to PP, I was allowed to have £19.52 on at 15/8. Good spot Gordon - Cheers

it would seem that there are special ones everywhere ; )

there is a limit to their kindness then. Glad you got a piece of the pie Dean

So…

The Hawks turned up and showed the world that they had an offense that nobody even knew about… “that tall guy” as Anders so aptly put it : )

Just as well they did have him as receivers elsewhere in the team offered little, pretty much as expected.

That said Wilson and Lynch were a big challenge for the Pats and the game went down to the wire.

happy to say that I came away with a profit for the 4th straight year. I hope everybody had a good night wherever you all watched it and that our LM is ok?

Kind Regards

I got killed - lost my shirt on the game (great game that aside though) but if only Lynch could of punched it in at the end or any Seahawk for that matter - if they had won the thing I would of been up on the year betting wise but as it went I am now down £15K on the year losing way over 8K on the Super Bowl itself :frowning:

Before someone thinks I am minted I am only a postman and that was using my savings as I don’t go out much and for my sins I am a degenerate gambler. It sucks but what can ya do - I guess in a way to replace those funds I will be working for over half the year for free in effect possibly 3 quarters of it! :-o

I feel for you fella, it was extremely tight… As the bookies imagined, it could have gone either way

1 Like