Spreadex NFL Super Challenge 16/17

Yeah I sent through my picks this morning. May re-check them Friday night/Sat. Should I make them public here or on Discord perhaps?

up to you, at this stage it should’t really matter

I’ll post on Discord so it’s a bit secret squirrel!

1 Like

Weird - I feel I missed the boat on this one but didn’t even bet on Thursday nights opening game - I really like the idea of this contest (to late now) but also actively trying to curb my pro (as in with bookmakers) gambling as I have lost ridiculous amounts since I started again about 3-4 years back.

You haven’t missed the boat and if you can afford the entry its a high quality season long bet. Spreadex pays 100% of the stakes back in prizes unlike every other bet you will have this year.

1 Like

after much deliberation

Tennessee
Oakland
Green Bay
Arizona
LA Rams

Okay I’m in - let me go open an account.

Noel - make reference to TFP in your team name if poss, so Spreadex can see that we’re active

I just re-read this thread and I thought you said it closed Thursday?
I don’t wanna enter if I’ve missed being allowed to enter Week 1 as I’m not confident as it is without losing go’s?
However if it’s cool to pick from the bulk of Week 1 games that have still not started yet I’ll jump in before kick-off 2moro.
Maybe make my entry name ‘BLM-of-TFP’ or something like that (‘bluelionman-TFP’). :football::sunglasses:

pretty sure the deadline was 6pm tonight.

Bugger I entered this but then realised the deadline had passed. Oh well I have an even score for week 1, lol. Playing catch up would be an amazing achievement to get in the places.

Oh well that’s me out to then. Shame but perhaps for the best with my betting woes.

I guess I could look at it one way and imagine all my picks from week 1 lost and I’d be on a level playing field with all the other people who didn’t get any correct!

Shame they cant have a website that allowed entry and change of entry up to game start and at game start or 5 mins before entries lock and reveal to all so people can see others entries to show all is above board - the only reason I see for the day before deadline is to make sure they have everyone’s entries collated and showing before games to be open and transparent. Oh well good luck all those that entered.

Well done to Adam for a 4 from 5 in wk1, Simon is picking for the Forum’s entry this week - best of luck.

1. Fri 01:25 New York Jets (0) @ (0) Buffalo
  2. Sun 18:00 Tennessee (+5.5) @ (-5.5) Detroit
  3. Sun 18:00 Kansas City (+2.5) @ (-2.5) Houston
  4. Sun 18:00 Miami (+6.5) @ (-6.5) New England
  5. Sun 18:00 Baltimore (-7) @ (+7) Cleveland
  6. Sun 18:00 Cincinnati (+3) @ (-3) Pittsburgh
  7. Sun 18:00 Dallas (+2.5) @ (-2.5) Washington
  8. Sun 18:00 New Orleans (+4.5) @ (-4.5) New York Giants
  9. Sun 18:00 San Francisco (+13.5) @ (-13.5) Carolina
  10. Sun 21:05 Tampa Bay (+6.5) @ (-6.5) Arizona
  11. Sun 21:25 Indianapolis (+6) @ (-6) Denver
  12. Sun 21:25 Atlanta (+4.5) @ (-4.5) Oakland
  13. Sun 21:25 Jacksonville (+3) @ (-3) San Diego
  14. Mon 01:30 Green Bay (-2) @ (+2) Minnesota
  15. Tue 01:30 Philadelphia (+3) @ (-3) Chicago

Rams/Seahawks is omitted due the the uncertainly over poor Russell Wilsons sore ankle.

I figured it was omitted due to the uncertainty over just exactly how poor the Rams are. :slight_smile:

One book had it has 3 points before Monday nights Rams debacle , which seems laughable now

Kansas +2.5 @ Houston seems a bit of a steal considering they could be considered the favourites - last weeks slow performance vs the Bears didn’t demonstrate that Houston will suddenly be favourites against a team that soundly beat them twice last year.

Not convinced, @neonadam , the Chiefs awesome comeback doesn’t mask how poor they were to get 21 points behind the Chargers at home in the first place. At a push I would pick the Chiefs with that spread but I think there are better games to go for.
Like the Giants and Steelers to beat their spreads. Also,quite like the Browns… not because I like the Browns, but I can see it being a low scoring game, in which case a 7 point lead for the home team has to be an option

Probably a good game to swerve if you two cant get a decent read on it. The spreads are pretty standard this week, I think the books looks to have a good steer on the games.