Sky Sports - NFL CHALLENGE / 2019 (£10 Money Leagues)

Well Sky Sports is running the same game that NFLUK introduced a few seasons ago before its demise.

It’s quite different to most other fantasy games so please look at how to play the game here: SkySports NFL Challenge guidelines

Sadly last year I didn’t get enough entries for the head 2 head version of this game but am trying again this year - naturally if I don’t get enough punters in the head to head version will refund peeps who joined so don’t worry about that - for the head to head league to be viable it needs a minimum of 4 teams so this will run if just 3 more people join before the season starts (naturally if there are only 4 of us I will adjust prize payout accordingly to just be ‘Winner Takes All’).

But with just over 11 days to go before the season kicks off I am sure the NFL fantasy game fans are out there and I can find enough players to join me in this Head to Head Challenge.

NFL CHALLENGE is a free to play game with some top prizes on offer (but sadly to be eligible for the official prizes you have to be in the UK)…

'Each week the NFL Challenge participants have the chance to win some great NFL prizes. If your team finishes the week with the most fantasy points in your favourite NFL teams league, you will win a £10 gift voucher to be used online at Europe.NFLShop. If you are part of the league for fans that have not yet picked their favourite team, you would also receive a £10 voucher to use at Europe.NFLShop.com. The voucher will be emailed to you within 28 days of the week you won.

And that’s not all! At the end of the 2019 NFL season, a random drawing will be conducted from among all verified and confirmed Weekly Prize winners to select one potential Grand Prize winner.

That lucky winner will get two 2020 NFL London Games season tickets to see all the games that will be played in the UK next year.’

So the game has to be worth playing for that grand prize right (if you based in the UK)?

Now if you prefer a smaller competition and a wee punt (as do I) and don’t fancy your chances of beating everyone playing the game (or you are not eligible to win the official prizes as your not based in the UK) then why not, for some added interest join one or both of my private money leagues I have set up within the game site.

I have made each money league just £10 entry a person and will have prizes for the top *2 at the end of the game in each league (*the exception to this will be if get 4 or less entrants in either league then will make that particular league a ‘Winner Takes All’ payout). Also you can play in my money leagues from wherever your based as I don’t discriminate and with the internet it’s not hard to pay me from abroad. If you don’t know how just PM from here on TFP and I’ll tell you.

Direct link to join this league: BLM NFL UK - Open (only click if you wish to join)

The first league is called an ‘Open’ league because as many people who wish to join can do so. In this classic scoring style league each person’s total fantasy score decides your position in the league and at the end of the season whichever teams are in the top two spots will share the prize money. Naturally it will be more for 1st than 2nd. I will work out what the payouts are when I have collected all payments in and see how many people have actually joined up.

Direct link to join this league: BLM NFK UK - H2H (only click if you wish to join)

The second league I have set up is a ‘head to head’ style league where you are matched with another opponent in the league each week of the season and your weekly score versus the person your playing decides whether you Win, Lose or Tie and just like in the real NFL this will give you a W-L-T record as the season goes along.

I have chosen for this league to have a play-off type ending - it says Head to Head leagues can be set up with 4,6,8,10,12,14 or 16 teams. I have gone ultra optimistic and set up a 16 team league with 50% (8 teams) making the postseason. The playoffs will be weeks 15-17 of the real NFL Regular Season.

If this league fills that would make £160 in the prize pot which I plan to pay out as follows:

PRIZES (based on 16 teams)

Winner of League: £100
Runner Up: £40
Team seeded #1 going into Play-Offs: £20

It does allow me to edit the size of the league so at midnight on Thursday 5th September if the league is not full I will reduce the size of it to make sure we start Week 1. As it has to be an even number of teams if that means we have an odd number last team to have paid their entry fee will be booted and refunded. Naturally I hope I will not have to do this but if I do I will reduce the prizes and advise what they are adjusted down to. So please spread the word and lets get 16 teams in ASAP and look forward to a cracking season.

Well over to you - any one who wants in can find the game here: SkySports NFL CHALLENGE

Best regards,

Noel / bluelionman

Okay I am very sad to report I did not get enough entrants to run the Head to Head league in this game but the Open one went ahead with 7 entrants and all have now paid so can confirm this years prizes are as follows:

1st - £50
2nd - £20

PRIZES PAYOUTS - 2019

1st ( £50 ) - Andy Smith - SpangleChallengers / Rick_Spangle (2445)
2nd ( £20 ) - Douglas Hay - Surrey Bears / McBear (2383)