Show Me The Money (NFL.com) £20 Money League - XII

SHOW ME THE MONEY (NFL.com Money League) Year 12 / 2017

This is my oldest money league and in 2017 will be starting it’s 12th season.

The draft for SMTM… 2017 is

Sunday 27th August 2017 at 2:30pm US ET / 7:30pm UK BST

£100 - Winner
£60 - Runner Up
£40 - 3rd
+ £40 to whoever posts the highest Weeks score (including post season - must be involved in a real game - not on a bye)!

I have created the official waiting list at the bottom of this post to get in this league. So if you want in to the SMTM… league just post in this thread saying so and I will add you (though be warned the turnover in this league is slim as most GM’s return annually).

Current Members: Team Name / TFP Forum Name

Andy Smith: Seattle Seagulls / Rick_Spangle
Barry Penaluna: Toon Raiders / Toonbazza
James Taylor: Bristol Pirates / jrt55555
Connor Clarke: Glen Rebels / BIG_C
Josh Roberts: Scouse Dolphins / ???
Noel Symonds: van Dutch / bluelionman
Robert McGregor: Viking City / mconabike
Rich Leese: Plainview Oilers / RichL
Karl Dale: 1st and then / kdaley
Jon Watts: The 12th Man / jwpacker
Chris Waterhouse: Braavos Bankers / Oselly
David Garcia: Zero everything / David_Garcia_Fernand

Current Members : Bolded when paid

SMTM Official waiting list

OFFICIAL WAIT LIST (If you are sure you want in to this money league then ask to go on this official waiting list and when a current member leaves the first person on the list will be offered the chance to claim that spot for the next season and so on down the list):

Name / TFP Forum Name

1. Chris Parkes / eiskrap
  2. Mike Parsons (NeedleVor on NFLUK) / ???
  3. Joe Townley / Lil_joe
  4. James Mallin / thandouk

Current Vacancies = 0 (for 2017 season)

1 Like

SUPER BOWL RESULTS

SUPER BOWL # - WINNER - LOSER

S/B I (2006) - ANDY SMITH - HOVE ACTUALLY’S - 66 v 63 - JOSH ROBERTS - SCOUSE DOLPHINS 06/07
S/B II (2007) - RICH LEESE - DALIANS DOGS - 61 v 60 - NOEL SYMONDS - RILEY’S RAIDERS
S/B III (2008) - JOSH ROBERTS - SCOUSE DOLPHINS - 97 v 61 - MARK GILLESPIE - SURREY LIONS
S/B IV (2009) - KIRK HITCHCOX - THE NASTY BOYS - 142 v 110 - DEAN POOLE - SUPERBOWL SAINTS
S/B V (2010) - SHAUN MacEACHEN - STEAKZ MARINERS - 92 v 85 - PAUL DARGAVEL- SON OF PITCHES
S/B VI (2011) - NOEL SYMONDS - van DUTCH - 123 v 84 - CHRIS PARKES - LONDON TEXANS
S/B VII (2012) - PAUL DARGAVEL - THE TITTSBURGH FEELERS - 111 v 99 - DANIEL ERICSSON - NEW ENGLAND DYNAMOS
S/B VIII (2013) - DANNY BINGHAM - TRAMPLED UNDERFOOT - 93 v 76 - JOSH ROBERTS - SCOUSE DOLPHINS
S/B IX (2014) - DEAN POOLE - SUPERBOWL SAINTS - 79 v 56 - CHRIS PARKES - LONDON TEXANS
S/B X (2015) - ROBERT McGREGOR - VIKING CITY - 98 v 57 - NOEL SYMONDS - van DUTCH
S/B XI (2016) - BARRY PENALUNA - TOON RAIDERS - 106 v 65 - RICH LEESE - PLAINVIEW OILERS
S/B XII (2017) - ROBERT McGREGOR - VIKING CITY - 88 v 74 - KARL DALE - 1ST AND THEN

SUPER BOWL RECORDS

MOST SUPER BOWL APPEARANCES - 3

• JOSH ROBERTS - (S/B I, III, VIII)
• NOEL SYMONDS - (S/B II, S/B VI, S/B X)

MOST SUPER BOWL WINS - 2

• ROBERT McGREGOR - (S/B X, S/B XII)

HIGEST SCORE IN A SUPER BOWL - 142 - KIRK HITCHCOX - THE NASTY BOYS - S/B IV (2009)

INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE RECORDS

HIGHEST WEEKLY SCORE - 159

• DALIANS DOGS - RICH LEESE - WK12 / 2007
• PLAINVIEW OILERS - RICH LEESE - WK5 / 2012

MOST WINS IN A SINGLE SEASON (Includes post season) - 13

• BRAAVOS BANKERS - CHRIS WATERHOUSE - 2016

WALL OF SHAME (The Records You Don’t Wan’t To Own)

LOWEST SCORE - 25

• BEARS IN LEATHER - PAUL LEATHER - WK 10 / 2010
BEARS IN LEATHER - PAUL LEATHER - WK 13 / 2010

WORST EVER (W-L-T) RECORD - 2-12-0 - BAND ON THE RUN - KIRK HITCHCOX - 2013

Live Draft Date: Sunday 27th August 2017 at 2:30pm US ET / 7:30pm UK BST

(Snake style draft)

Full SMTM settings can be viewed here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/89661/settings3

I have run a 12 team fantasy league for money on NFL.com for 11 years - this season will be the 12th. To make it interesting the entry fee is £20 and all entry fees are paid back out in the way of the following prizes:-

£100 - Winner
£60 - Runner Up
£40 - 3rd
+ £40 to whoever posts the highest Weeks score (including post season - must be involved in a real game - not on a bye)!

I usually get the same GM’s every year but should any withdraw or be struck out under my strike rules (see below) I will advertise the spaces that open up here in this thread.

We go with the NFL.com default settings, using a randomised live snake style draft. The division alignments will be randomly re-drawn each season prior to the draft and then adjusted accordingly. As a little nod to myself whatever division I am drawn in will become the Central Division. This does not make a difference to who I am drawn against just the name of the Division we are in. It’s little nod to the past from when I first got into NFL American Football that my real team (the Detroit Lions) played in the old NFC Central Division.

STRIKES RULE XXX - have decided to do away with this rule in my money leagues

However if you consistently don’t pay attention to your team (ie starting players on Byes and not changing players clearly out for weeks at a time or placed on IR or welch on paymet or something really bad like that then you will still be struck out by me. So anyone who is stuck out from the ‘SMTM…’ for over half a dozen strikabble offences or non payment etc., will be listed here (as a reminder to me and to show everyone why they were booted) along with the reason they were canned:

Name / TFP forum name when known - reason for being kicked out of league

Ali Hendy - (non payment - 2009)
Paul Leather - (14 Strikes - 2010)
Kirk Hitchcox - (6 Strikes - 2013)

Here’s league link:-
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/89661

2009 Final

(NFL.com never produced a recap this year :frowning:)

I’m back in for this one Noel - sent you an email. Let me know how you want me to pay.

1 Like

I’ll be back in, will sort money out later in week as may join a couple of Fpl leagues also and will pay all at once

1 Like

I’ll be back in but would much rather a later draft date, the closer to the start of the season the better really from a pure enjoyment point of view

And also can I have my 13 win regular season record please? May not have won the superbowl that year but thats a consolation at least!

Hey Noel, I’m not available this weekend so will have to drop out. Please put me back on the waiting list for next season.
Cheers

I’m on the waiting list there at no 4 Noel, Connor Clarke. If there’s a space available count me in, this Sunday’s fine with me n I’ll square u up right away. You can get me on this forum rather than that NFL uk 1 obviously.

Also can u confirm you’re still doing the 3rd year of the £50 auction league mate, cheers.

I learned my lesson trying to back load all my drafts… does an early one really spoil it that much?

I will look in to that - guessing that was last season right?

I’m really gutted to hear that mconabike - beginning to wonder if perhaps I jumped the gun trying to get some drafts done early to spread them out. Is that why your not in the Premier League football drafts to?

Okay BIG_C - will be in touch towards end of week if there’s space - also I can confirm I will be doing the 3rd year of TFP Auction Draft just that one will take a lot more work and will do nearer to season - I am conscious I have many replies in that thread to catch up on but not to get confused or cloud what I’m doing not stepped in there yet till I’m ready to answer every ones questions and know what I’m planning myself. But yes I plan to run it and am working my way up to it.

1 Like

I think so, you’ve got over a months worth of training camp/preseason games still to go, so you’re drafting with less information and players getting injured before they’ve even played a regular season game can screw your whole season. I can clearly remember a couple of years ago there was an early draft, took Jordy Nelson early and he tore his ACL a week later and it just screws your entire season up. I’d pick a date anytime after the 27th of August as that’s the third pre-season games, after that the chances of something going wrong are much smaller. I don’t know how many leagues youv’e got but that’s 10 days before the start of the season so plenty of time to fit a few drafts in imo.

Yeah last season was 12-2 reg with a playoff win to top it up to 13.

Hey Noel,
this weekend and next were always out for me, i’m away for both. Havent done a PL draft before, id have been open to the idea but crazy busy from now until start of the PL season.

Hi Noel,
Put me on the list, I am free this weekend.

@bluelionman what’s the plan for the draft Noel? I can do this weekend but it sounds like it may be tricky for others. Would be good to confirm either way.

1 Like

Is it the usual PayPal address?

Hey all - I know it’s short notice but am postponing this SMTM… draft date to nearer the start of the season - all those on the waiting list your still be there as will anyone who’s asked to be added. Those who withdrew due to the original date/time not working will be re-instated incase they didnt really want to leave and the future draft date and time does work for them. So when I come up with a new date/time I will contact all last seasons GM’s to see if they want in or out. Then if any are out go down the waiting list to offer the spaces in chronological order. I will try to get a new date and time up by a week Sunday and due to feedback here will look to make the draft much nearer to the start of the season - so be squashing all my leagues in then.

Sorry for the false start guys.

1 Like

No worries, thanks Noel - sounds like the right decision to me.

Cheers
James

Likewise probably for the best I think Noel

Will add you now. :sunglasses: