Chat
Podcast
Player Rankings
Mock Draft
Draft Kings
FOLLOW @THEFANPUB

NFL Fantasy Keeper League

Hi,
would anyone be interested in starting a Keeper league for the upcoming fantasy season?
I’ve never taken part in one before but really like the idea of it.
Any thoughts or interest?

Cheers, Mike

Hi mike yes I will be watch this pace be releasing details after the weekend?

Possibly Mike - are looking for definitely a keeper league as opposed to dynasty? And are you looking for this to be all online, or with a live draft to kick things off (as we have with the TFP Originals and TFP Challengers leagues)

I had a go at getting a longer running league going last season, but could only find 7 managers in total - so they are out there but harder to find than for single-season leagues! (when that long running league folded due to low numbers, that was why I then started the Fan Pub Fun league instead, which you joined last year)

Hi, I’ve not given it much thought between keeper or Dynasty. Do you have any preference. I’ve not played either format.
I’d imagine doing it online just because it’s more convenient , but again opening to suggestions

I would be interested in something, depending on the set up. Would probably need it based online to make it easier.

There will be an update by Friday on this !!

Next Friday!!!

No by Man Friday! I’d say it’ll be more like Monday until we’ve decided on all the settings. I can tell you that it’ll be a dynasty league so big rosters of 20-25 players and all teams will have to choose a real NFL or College team to make it more thematic. It’ll hopefully have 14 teams, one division so everyone plays each other once. I think we are leaning to snake drafting (possibly including bonsai to make is fairer if you get a later pick or separate veteran rookie and veteran draft reversing the draft order) by e-mail over time and starting as soon as it filled but it could still be an online auction. Everyone will have to pay a one off retainer or bonus fee to discourage people dropping out. So the entry fee will either be £30 + 15 retainer or £50 and a £25 retainer. The idea being that is someone drops out they lose their retainer. If we have to offer a new manager an incentive if it’s a really poor team this will be taken from the retainer/bonus fund. The bonus pot can be won in 2 ways. One if you have the perfect season and win every game. Two if you win the league for a second time. All money will be paid out during the course of the competition. Scoring to be decided.