NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) PLAYOFFS 2019 (18/19 season)

NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON PLAYOFFS 2019

(a bluelionman & McBear game)

This game is designed for both the casually interested beginner as well as the well versed fan.

This game is extremely short as the playoffs last for just 1 month (5 Jan. - 3 Feb.)

The cost of entry will be £10 per team - trades (changes) are free.

6 or less entrants = Winner Takes All - meaning all the entry money will go to the winner.
7+ entrants = 1st & 2nd place prizes - worked out and advised by me once amount of entrants is known.

HOW TO PLAY

All you have to do is pick a team of players from the list provided below (see link at end of this e-mail) within the budget of $48 Million. The system is simple. You must select a Head Coach, one Quarter-Back, two Running Backs, two Wide Receivers, one Tight End, a Kicker and a Team Defense.

Anyone who scores a touchdown gets six points, just like the real thing. If a *Quarterback throws a touchdown pass he also scores three points. If anyone returns a fumble or an interception for a TD then the Defense scores six, they also score two for a safety. Kickers get three points for a field goal and one for extra points (PAT’s - Point After Touchdown‘s), while anyone scoring a two-point conversion scores two points. If a *QB throws a two-point pass he scores an additional one.

*Also any other player who acts as a QB and throws a TD pass or two-point conversion will also score the relevant QB throwing points. For example a Kicker or Running Back on trick plays.

Head Coach’s score 6 points for (post season) wins.

Also this may be different from First Down’s old game but to clear up any confusion any offensive player who scores a TD while playing on Special Teams or Defense will also get credited the points for any TD they score as well as the Defense/Special Teams Unit as a whole. Something to bear in mind. Example a WR also doubles up as his teams kick/punt returner and takes one all the way back for a Touchdown - he will earn 6 points himself for the T.D. but at the same time his teams Defense will also earn 6 points… nice if you have both the scoring player and the team Defense!

Finally all points will be doubled for the final itself (the Super Bowl). So a Head Coach nets 12 points for the win, each TD is worth 12 points, FG’s 6 etc.

Scores will be worked out using the official stats on the NFL’s website ( nfl.com ).

Every entrant will be sent an e-mail listing everyone’s teams entered as soon as possible after the start of the play-offs (9:35pm GMT January 5th). Team line ups will be advised ASAP after this deadline so you can see everything is open and above board, as well as allowing you to follow the playoffs more closely on TV and via the internet, if you so choose. (You’ll even be able to work out the team points for yourself should you like to). I will also advise at this time the number of entrants and projected prize money pay-out(s). I will also endeavour to post teams here on the thread at TFP.

A weekly league chart will be made up and sent via e-mail by McBear (aka Douglas Hay) along with each teams individual player scores for that week so you can see how you are doing compared to your rivals.

TRADES

You can trade one player/position after each round of games meaning over the course of the playoffs you can make a maximum of only three player/position changes. Your team’s value still cannot exceed $48 million after you have traded. You do not have to trade, your team can remain the same from start to finish. However you must submit your trade before the start of the following rounds game(s) by e-mail (sending me a PM from here on TFP also go’s to my e-mail).

Please help me by putting ’ NFL FG PLAYOFFS Trade ’ in the subject header line.

Updated team line up e-mails will be distributed to everyone ASAP after each trade deadline (which is start of first game of each round and by midnight 2nd February - going into Sunday 3rd February for the Super Bowl itself. This is because I usually go to a Super Bowl party so to take the pressure off me and to let everyone know each others final line ups before the Super Bowl starts the deadline is the night before to give me time to get this information out to everyone. TBH the earlier everyone gets their final trade in to me the better as it really helps take the pressure off me.

There are 3 trade windows -

one after each Playoff round:-

WILD CARD GAMES - Jan. 5/6

trade window 1

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS - Jan. 12/13

trade window 2

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS - Jan. 20

trade window 3

SUPER BOWL LIII - February 3rd

So that is it - BEST OF LUCK

Cut and paste the following form and send to me to enter:

………………………………..........................................................................................

YOUR NAME:-
TEAM NAME:-
E-MAIL ADDRESS:-

Player                Team                Value $

HEAD COACH -
QUARTER BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
WIDE RECEIVER -
WIDE RECEIVER -
TIGHT END -
KICKER -
TEAM DEFENSE -

Total Value              (maximum $48)

…………………………………

ON-LINE PLAYERS LIST (Remember to only choose players from teams still involved in the postseason - this list is the same as used in my season long version of this game):

NFL Players List (GridIron Game) 2018/19

Thank you to those of you who took part this year. I do hope you will all have a go at the season long version of this game when the new season rolls around come September. Look out for details on TFP nearer the time (and possibly a heads up via e-mail).

A huge thank you to McBear (aka Douglas Hay) for still doing the scoring even though he wasn’t in this game this year.