NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2019/20 (Season Long Game)

This game is a resurrection of the now defunct ‘First Down’ American Football newspaper fantasy football game. So will be familiar to those of you that used to play that publications fantasy NFL football game back in the day!

However unlike that game this version runs for the entire NFL season (from September 5th, 2019 thru to the Super Bowl final on February 2nd, 2020).

The cost of entry will be £15 per team which will go to make up the prize fund.
£10 from each entry fee will go to make up the 1st prize and £5 to the 2nd prize.
So it’s simple - the more entrants the bigger the 2 prizes.

HOW TO PLAY

All you have to do is pick a team of players from the list provided following this link:

NFL Players List (GridIron Game) 2019/20

However you must stay within the budget of $48 Million. Just create your team by filling in the form at the end of this e-mail and send it to me before the deadline which is the start of the first game of the NFL regular season - (Thursday 6th September). The system is simple. You must select one Quarter-Back, two Running Backs, one Tight End, two Wide Receivers, a Kicker, a Head Coach and a Team Defense.

Anyone who scores a touchdown gets six points, just like the real thing. If a *Quarterback throws a touchdown pass he also scores three points. If anyone returns a fumble or an interception for a TD then the Defense scores six, they also score two for a safety. Kickers get three points for a field goal and one for extra points (PAT’s - Point After Touchdown‘s), while anyone scoring a two-point conversion scores two points. If a *QB throws a two-point pass he scores an additional one.

*Also any other player who acts as a QB and throws a TD pass or two-point conversion will also score the relevant QB throwing points. For example a Kicker or Running Back on trick plays.

New last year to mirror the change in the real NFL if PAT’S are blocked and returned they earn 2 points so this will also apply to the relevant fantasy teams Defense.

Head Coach scoring

Your Head Coach will score three points for every game his team wins and one point for any game that finishes as tied in the regular season. However Head Coaches will score 6 points for post season wins.

Also Head Coaches will earn a bonus of 6 points if their team makes the playoffs. This bonus is doubled (to 12) if your coach is your original HC and you have not changed him at all since the commencement of the game. Only the HC on your teams roster at the end of the regular season (WK 17) qualifies for the bonus points (if applicable) and these points are added to the Head Coach’s score for Week 17. Also a further bonus of 6 points is awarded to each Head Coach that wins their division - this bonus is awarded and applied to all applicable Head Coach’s in Week 17 (However please note - there is no doubling up of this bonus for original HC’s).

Additionally in this game (different from how from First Down’s was) Defenses will incorporate special teams plays - so all punt and kick off returns that go for a TD will earn 6 points for the relevant Defense.

Finally points will be doubled for the final itself (the Super Bowl).

Scores will be worked out using the official stats on the NFL’s website ( nfl.com ).

Every entrant will be sent an e-mail listing everyone’s teams between the start of NFL Week 1’s first game and the main tranche of games that start on the Sunday (September 9th). This is so you can see everything is open and above board, as well as allowing you to follow the season more closely on TV and via the internet, if you so choose. (You’ll even be able to work out the team points for yourself should you like to).

A weekly league chart will be made up and sent via e-mail along with each teams individual player scores for that week so you can see how you are doing compared to your rivals.

TRADES - You can trade up to three player/positions at each trade window. Your team’s value still cannot exceed $48 million after you have traded. You do not have to trade, your team can remain the same from start to finish. However you must submit your trade(s) before the start of the following weeks games by e-mail to me. If you don’t know my direct e-mail addy just send me a PM from here on TFP - as these also get forwarded to me by e-mail.

Please make sure you put NFL Trades in the subject header line. Updated team line up e-mails will be distributed to everyone and posted here on TFP ASAP after each trade deadline.

There are 3 trade windows during the season, they are:

between Weeks 6 and 7 (trades will take effect from Thur. Oct. 17th 2019)

between Weeks 11 and 12 (trades will take effect from Thur. Nov. 21st 2019)

&

between the end of the Regular Season and the start of the Playoffs (trades will take effect from Sat. January 4th 2020)

So that’s it - BEST OF LUCK - Noel (aka bluelionman)

Previous winners history of this game:

SEASON - MANAGER - TEAM - TOTAL SCORE - WINNINGS

*2008/09 - [*TIE] - NOEL SYMONDS - FD LIVES ON! - 610 - £37.50
[*TIE] - DOUGLAS HAY - GAMU BEARS - 610 - £37.50
2009/10 - NOEL SYMONDS - WHO DAT! - 560 - £50
2010/11 - STEVE BETTELEY - ARCTIC TERNS - 693 - £40
2011/12 - DOUGLAS HAY - McBEARS BEARS - 794 - £40
2012/13 - DOUGLAS HAY - TOOTHLESS BEARS - 600 - £50
2013/14 - ROBERT McGREGOR - THE DUBLIN GOATS - 583 - £70
2014/15 - KARL DALE - 1st AND THEN - 649 - £130
2015/16 - FABIAN ÅKERSTRÖM - THE SWEDISH MEATBALLS - 607 - £110
2016/17 - BARRY JENKINSON - CHOREOGRAPHED DISPLAY - 670 - £90
2017/18 - NOEL SYMONDS - SALARY CAP CRUSADERS - 630 - £190
2018/19 - DOUGLAS HAY - GAMU BEARS - 770 - £200

• = Joint Winners

YOUR NAME:-
TEAM NAME:-
E-MAIL ADDRESS:-

Player Team Value $

HEAD COACH -
QUARTER BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
RUNNING BACK -
WIDE RECEIVER -
WIDE RECEIVER -
TIGHT END -
KICKER -
TEAM DEFENSE -

Total Value (maximum $48)

If you don’t see me in person and don’t know the score regarding payment then please contact me for payment information. Thanks.

Hey all I got delayed typing everyone’s teams out and still loads of e-mails to check so to be all above board I am posting my two entries before main slate of games start - and I had no Packers or Bears players so this is up before any of my guys step on the field for Week 1:

Okay peoples here is everyone’s starting teams - just click the link as I’ve done it on Google Sheets this year:

Gridiron Game (Season Long) 2019/20 - Entered Teams

Just remember you can make up to 3 trades each trade window and the first one is after week 6 before Week 7.

1 Like

Hey Ya’ll,

Now is our final trade window. You can change up to 3 players but your team must remain within the budget of $48m . You may only choose players from the players list here:

NFL Players List (GridIron Game) 2019/20

However any players not listed you can request and I will add them - price will be based on a number of factors - team depth chart listing, season ranking and all number of other factors to try and be fair.

You must have submitted your trades to reach me before the start of the first game of the Play-Offs (which is 9:35pm UK time Saturday 4th January 2020) . Any problems or queries don’t hesitate to contact me.

If everyone submits their trades to me earlier I can get everyone’s final lineups out before the play-off games start.

Rules to take note of now are Head Coaches score 6 points for post season wins and all points are doubled for the Super Bowl itself (meaning winning Head Coach of S/B will score 12 points for that game).

Best Regards,

bluelionman Noel Symonds

PS For those of you that have done badly this season in this game or even those of you doing well and that like this game there is a stand alone Play Off version of this game - see details here:

NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) PLAYOFFS 2020 (19/20 season)

Current Table

Scores cover up to end of the Regular Season (NFL Week 17)

1. Mark Pearson - THE DOBBLERS - 582
2. Andy Smith - SALTDEAN FIRSTDOWNERS - 569
3. Noel Symonds - SALARY CAP CRUSADERS - 561
4. Noel Symonds - THE ASTURIAN’S - 556
5. Andy Düenner - I FORGOT THE TEAM NAME - 538
6. Sam Devereux - UXBRIDE UTES - 534
7 . Barry Jenkinson - MAHOMIE MAHOMES - 528
8. Mike Mark - FLY EAGLES FLY 1 - 504
9. Jon Cartwright - REID OPTION - 493
10. Gary Johnson - TEAM 2 - 446
=11. Mike Mark - E-A-G-L-E-S - 443
=11. Sam Devereux - PORSTMOUTH DESTROYERS - 443
13. Gary Johnson - TEAM 4 - 441
14. Dale Elleray - GREAT WHITE DALE - 432
15. Gary Johnson - TEAM 3 - 408
16. Douglas Hay - GAMU BEARS - 401
17. Gary Johnson - TEAM 1 - 386

You can see all current team line ups here (scroll to the right for the latest line ups after last trade window = columns T - W):

Full teams and player scores for every week of the season can be viewed on Google Sheets here:

1 Like