Introducing the UK NFL Live Pub Draft Weekend

Could you put me down for the 200 IDP league and i pay in 2 instalments before draft night ?
also would we need to take a laptop or is it done by paaaaaper

1 Like

be happy to help you in anyway you need

2 Likes

Laptop is up to you but a proper draft kit is imported from America - all the players well main ones plus some sheets of blanks come on stickers and goes on a big board. Am sure there’s a video somewhere showing the board - if anyone has a picture or anything they could load up show the newbies be useful now…

As long as Payment is made by live draft deadline all is fine - I can’t really deviate from that as I need to be sure I have the funds to guarantee prizes etc. Would be preferable if you could send in one go even if nearer the time - if you need to hide it from ‘her in doors’ so to speak just credit £100 to your own PayPal account this month and then the other when you have it and send across even if on deadline day in 1 go. :sunglasses:

USA_Wannabe

“Study the sh*t out of it”

I like your style

1 Like

Right ok . well payment is upto you , i would rather pay 100 to you on 20th so im in the league and then you could look after it so i would be commited to paying the rest , anyway we’ll see .
But yeh book me in and i look forward to meeting you all , having read Matthew Berrys book and seen all the things they do just to do a offline draft .i like the sound of doing it myself :smile: i will book a hotel on payday .
Then study the shit out of it .

1 Like

Very Kindly Outsiders68 has made a wee video from last years draft from footage he shot I never knew about - enjoy guys:

TFP Originals - Inaugural Live Draft / 2014

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the video Sean although, agh makes me even more hopeful we can get a 2nd league away this year - looks like you guys had as good a time as id imagined and I’d really love to be involved this season.

Interesting to have these clips for posterity. Was interesting to watch this a year on - particularly hearing Simon (I think?) saying he picked Monte Ball because he thought he’d have a big year and then waited a round to pick LeVeon Bell because he was the only one left. Played out slightly differently in the end!

2 Likes

Like many things fantasy that’s what makes it fun!!

1 Like

Agreed! Would be dull if we all had crystal balls…

I don’t have the skills or the equipment but shame a TV company don’t want to do a documentary on us and mic us all up as it would be interesting watching our musings a year later see how those picks and thought processes paned out.

Don’t listen to me, I’m the wooden spooner lol!

Sounds like some version of fantasy Hard Knocks :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Noel,

Apologies if this has been answered already. Do you know the scoring/points system for the IDP yet? If not no problem, I only ask because IDP scoring can vary quite a lot.

Cheers

Not yet buddy as I not set the league up as have to make a new ID up as NFL.com only allow 6 free teams per username and I am maxed out at 6 already with the auction draft league - however I will pretty much be going with their default scoring settings what ever that is when I set up my IDP league - but if they don’t have any will look to copy scoring settings from my only league I currently use IDP in which can be viewed here:

http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/1525300/settings

Hope that gives you some idea of how scoring will work for the IDP’s.

Are we tempting you in to joining the IDP league, CitrusPlayer? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Noel

It’s telling me i don’t have permission to view the link you sent, but NFL.com do have standard IDP scoring settings. I have some familiarity with those from playing in my first IDP league last year so would sound good to me.

Hi Noel,

Thanks for explaining, I have not checked the link yet but I’m sure it
shall give me the info I was looking for. Much appreciated.

That’s curious as all my leagues are set to public viewable so should be able to be looked at by non league members?
Perhaps I need to look into that thanks.

Edit - I have just double checked and the leagues setting for being public viewable is checked so I can see no reason why you are unable to view this leagues settings - I would contact NFL.com via the contact us option to inform them that you are unable to view league settings of leagues that you know are 100% public viewable (as LM told you such) as they may have an error there end?

REAL TEAM ALLEGIANCE - League Settings

hmmm maybe, depends on how busy it gets over that weekend.

Hi Noel - managed to access the scoring settings manually by pasting in the league ID.

I think those scoring settings aren’t the NFL.com standard ones, I’ve managed I find those listed here:

http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-IDP

The ones In your league give more points to big plays like sacks, which would probably make scoring a bit more up and down and unpredictable week to week, but that could just be part of the challenge. I’d be happy to go with whatever settings the comissioner decides! :wink: