FPL - WINNER TAKES ALL 2017/18 (£10 Money Leagues)

FANTASY PREMIER LEAGUE 2017/18

This will be the thirteenth year I have run an on-line mini-league on the Premier Leagues own fantasy football game.

Quite simply - register on line, select your team and then if you wish join one or both of my mini leagues do so.

website address: FPL

Both of my leagues are for money and are £10 each to enter.

The first league is what’s known as a ‘classic’ style league - where we are all in a league together and your total score decides your position in the league and at the end of the season who ever is top takes all the money… hence the league name being: WINNER TAKES ALL.
Code to join this league: -----------

The other league I run is a ‘head to head’ style league where you are matched with another opponent in the league each week of the season and your weekly score versus the person your playing decides whether you win, lose or draw and like in the real Premier League you get 3 points a win, 1 point a draw and nothing for a loss. Those points decide your place within the league and just as with the above league whom ever is top of the league at the end of the season wins all the money.
Name of this league: HEAD 2 HEAD - W.T.A.
Code to join this league: --------------

So in booth leagues it works like this - 1st place at the end of the season takes all the wonga (so # of teams x £10 = prize).

The more teams, the more prize money on offer - so go recruit your friends (but not if their any good)!

FPL lets you join many leagues but you can only have one team and that team is in however many leagues you join - so it’s no more time consuming to join multiple leagues. So if your doing this game already think about joining one or both of my money leagues - after all it’s only a few quid and you may win a nice prize for your seasons efforts… always more fun when there’s money on it - don’t you think?

Good luck - hope to see you in my league(s) soon…

Noel Symonds (aka bluelionman)

PS - I keep a winners history for all fantasy games I run so thought you might like to see that history for my FPL money leagues (perhaps your name can appear hear at the end of this coming season):-

CLASSIC FORMAT

YEAR - TEAM NAME - MANAGER - TOTAL SCORE - WINNINGS

2005/06 - DEAD RABBITS - DENE POWELL - 1910 - £40
2006/07 - McBEARS BEARS - DOUGLAS HAY - 1989 - £70
2007/08 - BH GALAXY - ANDY SMITH - 2076 - £90
2008/09 - SPARTAK HOVE - ANDY SMITH - 1991 - £70
2009/10 - HANSA ALDRINGTON - ANDY SMITH - 2230 - £60
2010/11 - VAN DUTCH - NOEL SYMONDS - 2100 - £60
2011/12 - DYNAMO ALDRINGTON - ANDY SMITH - 2060 - £60
2012/13 - DEPORTIVO ALDRINGTON - ANDY SMITH - 2075 - £60
2013/14 - HERTHA ALDRINGTON - ANDY SMITH - 2350 - £130
2014/15 - BOBBY SAAG - MARK PEARSON - 2242 - £130
2015/16 - SALTDEAN SEAGULLS - ANDY SMITH - 2215 - £200
2016/17 - BRITOS EMPIRE - MARK PEARSON - 2357 - £170

HEAD TO HEAD FORMAT

YEAR - TEAM NAME - MANAGER - TOTAL POINTS - WINNINGS

2010/11 - VAN DUTCH - NOEL SYMONDS - 75 - £25
2011/12 - DYNAMO ALDRINGTON - ANDY SMITH - 73 - £40
2012/13 - HOLMANBALLS - MARK PEARSON - 87 - £50
2013/14 - BACUNA BANNANA - MARK PEARSON - 83 - £90
2014/15 - VIKING CITY - ROBERT McGREGOR - 75 - £70
2015/16 - RUDY CAN FAIL - MARK PEARSON - 84 - £140
2016/17 - VIKING CITY - ROBERT McGREGOR - 79 - £100

Okay I been auditing this game and I have no clue who some entrants are in each league - they have not made contact and not paid for their entries.

So let this be a warning to anyone who has not paid - if I don’t find any messages from you ASAP before I list non payers here then you are not gonna be considered as part of the leagues and will be deleted from the classic league real soon and in the Head to Head league ignored come the final table regards prize money payouts.

I am also going to have to re-consider posting my leagues codes in public next season and only provide them upon request / payment. It’s just not on joining a money league and then making no attempt to pay or make contact with me to say who you are. :rage:

Hi Noel I’m in the classic league and have paid up FYI.

1 Like

@jrt55555 - Really James - I just had a look and can’t see you in there - whats your team called?

I know you have £15 on a/c with me still to cover any games I not taken payment for as yet but don’t see a team with your name attached in my Classic league buddy… not entered under a pseudonym have you?

At least in the Classic league I can go have a cull and delete all those I am sure haven’t paid nor made contact with me which I will do in the next few days.

It’s the Head to Head leagues that’s more of an issue as you can’t delete entries and if they don’t pay they shouldn’t be in the league so are distorting it. Means I won’t be posting my leagues codes in public most likely next season - alas asking peeps to pay before getting code or something - not ideal - maybe I’ll just do that in leagues that are Head to Head and can’t delete people from once underway. Yeah that sounds like a good balance.

Any way please tell me what ya team name is in my Classic League (would help me if you entered in ya real name).

FPL - HEAD TO HEAD FORMAT

Okay I have audited the Head to Head league and 3 teams have not been paid for.

They are:

Toronto Toffee

Josh Dolphin

Just One More

Tony Hamm

Desperados747

Bakhtiyar Bizhanov

Of those 3 I only know who Tony Hamm is (he is a personal friend of mine).

The other two (Josh Dolphin & Bakhtiyar Bizhanov) I have completely no idea - checking their user profiles on FPL one seems to be Canadian and the other French.

So if they are reading this or anyone knows who they are please get them to contact me - if I have not heard from them by a week today they are considered void in this league regards the prize money and banned from any other games I run for a period of 1 year. :rage:

Sorry Noel - got confused - thought this was the NFL challenge game - ignore me!

No worries - that clears that up - lol :soccer:

FPL - CLASSIC FORMAT

Okay this is ridiculous - season started in early August and 5 teams still haven’t paid up - most not been in touch and no clue who they are. So putting the following on notice - any of you that have not paid up by a week today (so Sunday 15th October) will be deleted from the league and on a years ban from any games I run!

Teams / Managers on notice:

Toronto Toffee

Josh Dolphin

Just One More

Tony Hamm

Desperados747

Bakhtiyar Bizhanov

Klopps and Robb£Rs

Mozie F

Parrcelona

Christian Parr

UPDATE: The only one of the five people listed above that got in contact and paid up was Tony Hamm.

The other 4 will now be deleted from the Classic league and be ignored in the Head 2 Head league come the final table and prize payouts. They can also consider themselves on a ban from all my games for a period of 1 calendar year from now.

So the following are not welcome to join any of my games until 17 October 2018 at the earliest. :rage:

Christian Parr
Mozie F
Bakhtiyar Bizhanov
Josh Dolphin

Hello everyone! So I guess, I have received a ban. Just to explain you that I was hoping that you will communicate within the game forum, so I could get the instructions how to buy in this section. It’s a first time I am participating in money league and I was not familiar with rules…This was one of the reasons I have decided to participate in your league. I hope you will take into account all the mentioned above

@Desperados747 - What forum?

I would most certainly have posted in the in game league forums - IF THERE WAS ONE - but ever since they upgraded the site last offseason they appear to have removed league forums / message boards from the game - so please do share a link to the in game forum you refer to - as I couldn’t find one - would of made chasing peeps up a hell of a lot easier! If there is an in game league forum/message board (provide link) I will waive the years ban and offer my sincerest apologies.

Naturally to have found your way into my leagues this season you had to have found the codes from this thread on TFP as it’s the only public place I posted them / advertised my money leagues - so unless your an existing player of my games and in my e-mail contact list (to have got a direct e-mail) this was the only place you would of found the league codes to be able to join. So therefore it’s not hard to think anyone new who didn’t know how to make contact with me or pay the entry fees could of made contact with me by posting here on this thread (as you’ve just done - some 8 months later) or PM me from here (the TFP forum). Not rocket science is it?

So yes your not in for the money this season and if you want to do future money league fantasy games of mine (all advertised here on TFP) then your be welcome to do so after 17 October 2018. :soccer::football::rugby_football::cricket_bat_and_ball:

Okay all - the season is over and it’s time to pay out the winners but first here’s some final table screenshots (with the non payers teams deleted from the tables):

So for the first time ever we have a tie for 1st place in the Classic FPL Winner Takes All league meaning Adrain Magnussen and Ryan Douse split the £150 prize pool (£75 each).

In the Head 2 Head league Ryan Douse wins the league solely with a head to head points tally of 79 points which looking at the history of this league was the same winning total as last seasons winner posted. The prize this year is £130.

So a rather profitable season for Ryan indeed. Can anyone defeat him next season - look out for details on TFP after the world cup and thanks to all who joined (and paid up).

I will be e-mailing the winners tonight with details of winnings and how they want weighing in. :soccer: