Fan Pub Fun League - 2017 edition

(1) Introduction

Hi folks!
The Fan Pub Fun League seemed to hit the spot last year, so I am going to run it again for 2017. A few tweaks to the rules here and there, but essentially still – low stakes, flexible line up, 14 teams so everyone gets to play everyone else, and 6 making the playoffs.

Main description of the league is in post (2)
The sign up list is in post (3) – I will let last year’s managers have a chance to get back in first, then I have a couple of people of the waiting list, and then if we haven’t filled the league I will open it to the general public.
Details of the scoring and roster rules are in post (4)

Under 10 weeks till football is back – yippee!

3 Likes

(2) Basic league set up

14 teams: all in one division, so every team plays every other team once only from weeks 1 to 13.

Playoffs:
week 14, 3rd seed plays 6th seed, 4th seed plays 5th seed. 1st and 2nd seed get a bye
week 15, 1st seed plays the lowest remaining seed, 2nd seed plays the remaining team
week 16: the final

Cost of entry: £30 – this will give a £420 pot, all of which will be returned as prizes
WINNER: £150
RUNNER UP: £90
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
…plus I will run a Survivor Pool game on the nfl.com site, just for the 14 of us, with the remaining £60 as a prize for the winner

Online draft - evening of Sunday August 20

League is on the nfl.com site at http://fanpubfun.league.fantasy.nfl.com

To enter the league paypal me the £30 stake at allhailzippy@gmail.com – on your paypal message let me know your thefanpub.com user name, and your team name (if you played last year, you are welcome to keep the same name or choose a shiny brand new one!).
I will then mark you as paid on the sign up list below
(if for any reason you can’t use paypal, send me a direct message on this site and I will make alternative arrangements.

1 Like

(3) Sign up list
For now, I have put all last year’s managers’ names up here. I will set to bold once they have paid. From July 15, I will offer open spaces in the league to the guys on the waiting list, and from the end of July to the wider world…
If any manager from last year is definitely NOT playing, it’d be really handy if you could let me know, so I don’t waste time chasing you for an answer!

(owner / TFP user name / team name)
1. Jon / JonCartwright / Southampton Sprouts
2. Malcolm / TheMalcyBarKid / Bite my shiny metal defence
3. Connor / BIC_C / Flint’s Marauders
4. Alan R. / Alan_Feelers / Zeke will be a big hit
5. Lee / lmjc / Suh Tang Clan
6. Mike / Mike2104 / The Rickety Crickets
7. Ian J. / falbravo / Kicker Conspiracy
8. Dan C. / otleyroad / Otley Road Patriots
9. Sean / Outsiders68 / Bi Polar Bears
10. Chris W / Oselly / Braavos Bankers
11. Andy / (Dan C’s friend) / Andy’s Tight Ends
12. Dan N. / Flacco2012 / Ain’t Got a Kalou
13. Ian W. / grecian2010 / Grecian Toffee Bengals
14. Shane / (shanew1705 on Discord) / Albion Panthers

Waiting list

1. Shani / Shani
  2. Mark / MarkDimmock812
  3. Chris W. / Oselly IN!
  4. James / jrt5555
  5. David G F / David_Garcia_Fernand

(4) League rules

Team Line up
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 TE
2 RB or WR or TE flex
1 K
1 Defence

• 6 Bench spots for a total of 14 per team

General settings
…will use NFL default
i.e. Waiver wire will be reverse order of standings so lowest ranked team gets first pick
i.e. if two teams are level in the league the tiebreaker will be their head-to-head result

Scoring settings
RB and WR and TE all normal scoring (i.e 1 point per 10 yards, 6 pts per TD).
Additionally, all punt and kick off returns will score for the individual player making the return rather than for the Team Defense – 1 point per 20 yards and 5 points for a return touchdown.

QB scoring slightly raised to make the big guys a little more valuable: 1 pt per 20 yards passing (normally it is 25) and 5 pts per passing TD (normally 4)

Kicker: all successful kicks are worth 3 points (whether they are field goals or point-after-touchdown). All unsuccessful kicks are worth minus 2 points (whether they are field goals or point-after-touchdown).

Defense
The points conceded category is removed.
The points for return touchdowns are removed.
To compensate: Sacks score 2 pts (normally 1), Interceptions score 5 pts (normally 2), Fumble recovered scores 5 pts (normally 2), Safeties score 4 points (normally 2)
A defensive touchdown scores 6 and a defensive 2-point return scores 2 (standard scoring)

Can I be put on the waiting list please? Cheers

Done!

1 Like

Five returning managers’ names in bold after just one day - the guys on the waiting list are watching nervously to see if they’ll get their chance to play for some BIG FUN ! !

I´d love a chance to play.
Sign me in to the waiting list.

Cheers.

1 Like

Added you to the list David

Back for more FUN!

Money sent.

Received Malc, thanks

1 Like

Money in from @BIG_C this evening means we now have 9 of last year’s managers signed back up already :fist:

1 Like

Shout outs to @falbravo @chrisj2812 @otleyroad (and Otley’s mate Andy from Canada!)

Reminder that you have till Saturday to sign up for this year’s league, then I will open it up for the guys on the waiting list.

You think you’ll fill it Jon? I only planned to participate in two this year Originals and Kraken so feel free to offer my spot.

If for any reason you need a last minute backup then I’ll step in and fill any gap.

Valaverde and Porte as my two main GC riders, my TDF could be going slightly better. At one stage last week I was 130 off the bottom of 54k entries!!!

Chris

Hi Chris, yep I think this will fill up fine, so it’s not a problem if you are limiting your leagues.

Tour has been exciting, but a shocker in fantasy terms. I lost Demare, my better half lost Porte and Geraint, just on the last stage alone…

Hi Jon
Do you need payment before Saturday or just confirmation of entry?

Ideally payment - but if you are definitely wanting to be back in I can wait a few days - just want to give a fair chance to those on the waiting list

Ok I will contact my mate and let you know

Could do we knowing the draft date and time if possible?

Yes we will both be entering, will send you the money before the weeks out