Day At The Races Cheltenham 2016

Fella, thats entirely your choice and respected. I do tend to think that its ok for one afternoon and then it could just be left behind but thats all good.

Noel - Cheltenham is hypnotic, I reckon a Jehovahā€™s Witness would be hard-pressed not to get stuck in to a few bets by the third race!
Although the day weā€™re planning to go is the last day, so you wouldnā€™t be enticed to gamble the following day (assuming you had any cash left!)

Maybe next year Dean - if all are going again as now itā€™s a bit short notice to book place to stay and get time off work etc. However hopefully my gambling is more under control next year - not chasing - and if a whole bunch from here are going again maybe I can book into same hotel or whatever so can have a better time.

Noel - thatā€™s a sensible approach.
I told George, Cheltenham is not something you can plan at the drop of a hat, hotel rooms are fully booked miles around. It needs careful planning (and saving up for).
Ideally we need to be sorting Cheltenham 2017 when we do our Originals Draft or sooner.

Thereā€™s nothing to compete with Cheltenham, the atmosphere is electric and the racing is top class. ā€œApres-Racingā€ in one of the surrounding villages have live Irish music and a party atmosphere.

2 Likes

Hey guys, sorry for not being on recently, been having a terrible time of it for the past week, will be calling this off I reckon, as due to my ex house mate screwing me over I can no longer attend, will leave this open if you guys want to sort something between yourselves.
Sorry guys

Thanks George, yeh the plan just did not quite fit into place this yearā€¦ not your fault. Maybe can have another go next year

George - Hope youā€™re okay buddy.

Looks like Iā€™m committed transport-wise so will be attending. We need to get a longer-term plan sorted.

You & your father are welcome to hook up with us Dean, weā€™re definitely there.

Thanks Chris - we wouldnā€™t want to impose but would certainly like to have a quick chat before racing.

The Best Mate enclosure is fully sold out, I suspect well head for Tatts because dad likes it in the Guinness Village.

Sorry to hear that George - you do find out who the good eggs are as time goes bye - I been screwed over by my own sibling which is a shocker as never ever see that comingā€¦ hang in there buddy and you have found a good group of fellas in the Originals dude.

1 Like