Cheltenham Tips & Offers 2018 - Day 1

Another day another offer found - well two actually - this time at (BoyleSports.com):

Free Bet if your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd to the SP Fav.

How to get your free bet

1. Place a bet on any horse at The Cheltenham Festival.
  2. If your horse finishes 2nd or 3rd to the starting price favourite, we will refund your stake as a free bet.

Terms and Conditions:

1. Stake refunded as free bet if your selection finishes 2nd or 3rd to the starting price favourite at The Cheltenham Festival.
  2. Max refund £20 per customer as a free bet.
  3. Applies to Outright Betting only.
  4. Applies to win singles & win part of e/w singles only.
  5. Does not apply to antepost bets
  6. Only first bet on each race qualifies for promotion.
  7. If there are Joint/Co SP Favourites in the Race, both shall be deemed as an SP Favourite.
  8. 2nd place refund applies only to races with 5 or more runners.
  9. 3rd place refund applies only to races with 8 or more runners.
  10. Free bets and void bets do not qualify for this promotion.
  11. Free bets will be applied within 24 hours and will expire after seven days.
  12. Applies to UK and Ireland customers through all channels.
  13. Standard BoyleSports Terms & Conditions Apply

Free Bet if your horse falls at the first or last.

How to get your free bet

1. Place a bet on any horse at The Cheltenham Festival.
  2. If your horse falls at the first or last jump, we will refund your stake as a free bet.

Terms and Conditions:

1. Stake refunded as free bet if your selection falls at the first or last jump at The Cheltenham Festival.
  2. Online Customers must opt-in to receive this offer.
  3. Max refund £20 per customer as a free bet.
  4. Applies to Outright Betting only.
  5. Applies to win singles & win part of e/w singles only.
  6. Applies if horse falls, is brought down, unseats rider or runs out at first or last jump only.
  7. Does not apply to antepost bets.
  8. Only first bet on each race qualifies for promotion.
  9. Free bets and void bets do not qualify for this promotion.
  10. Free bets will be applied within 24 hours and will expire after seven days.
  11. Applies to UK and Ireland customers through all channels.
  12. Standard BoyleSports Terms & Conditions Apply

Good stuff, have a fun week Noel

1 Like

HEY ALL - Not sure if this really counts but see William Hill have put up this promotion -

Bet a total of £20/€20 or more on the Imperial Cup (Saturday 10th March, 14:25), and receive a £10/€10 free bet to use on any race at day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival (Tuesday 13th March 2018).

Full Terms and Conditions

My only problem is I have no clue what horse to stick my £20 on in the Imperial Cup today - any TFP GG men got any suggestions for me?

Cant do any worse as I been using OC tips, FRT FB group and a manager at work and from about 20 horses only had 1 winner so am over a ton down!

Defo need a better source of info / tips for horse racing. :horse_racing:t3:

Well, I’ve gone for Huntsman Son with a small each way interest. Not an easy race to pick a winner from mind!

I’m no expert just a racing fan but the best advice I was ever given was pick your own horses out, the best tipster is your own brain. These tipsters you see on facebook and twitter are only interested in affiliate signups and betslip clicks of which they all take a percentage from. I don’t mind my horses losing if I’ve spent time digging through the form but losing from a tip, feels like chucking money to the wind. In my humble opinion of course.

Also find it more enjoyable following a stable, a trainer and a bunch of horses over the seasons. I’m a big fan of Gordon Elliott and Henry De Bromhead and Irish jumps racing in particular. Will be backing their horses religiously come Tuesday.

Not long now chaps!

Well. Huntsman Son placed at least! :face_with_monocle::sunglasses:

Thanks for that - I wish I’d read this first - ya right lost a packet over the last 2 weeks on so called tips - including the horse I went with in the Imperial Cup - Octagon!

But not being a GG man I really have to rely on others fancies, info, write ups or tips.
Would prefer reading TFP’ers previews and make my own picks from that but when I don’t see any alas get caught up in the hype and do end up jumping on so called tips - like Odds Checkers Andy Holding tips - as they come with write ups as to why he likes them - though the success rate where I’ve followed in has not been great.

Here’s his Cheltenham early doors tips to finding e/w value behind the favs (though it was posted 7 March and I only see it today so bet the bookies have shortened every horse tipped):

Andy Holding’s Cheltenham Each-Way Alternatives

1 Like

To be fair Andy Holding is a good one, my only gripe with him is the amount of short-priced favourites he picks. Anyone can pick those out but like you say he knows his stuff and his writeups are spot on. You can tell he puts a lot of thought into his picks.

Another one who is decent is Sporting Life’s Ben Linfoot and his value bet series. He only picks out big priced each way bets for the big races. I think he can back his selections up with a success rate of over +350 points profit since he started.

Those two are professional racing journo’s though so you’d expect good stuff from them. My tipster rant was more aimed at the twitter tipsters who have no name and just hide behind a fancy website.

And I’ve just realised I’m setting myself up for a big fall when we all post our selections and none of mine come in. :zipper_mouth_face:

As expected Samcro confirmed for Ballymore.

Hills is at it again (another chance to earn a free bet on Day 1):

Terms

Edit: I did the Imperial Cup bet to earn the free £10 bet and lost £30 in the process so if anyone has a tip for me 2moro that will qualify me for this and have a good chance of cashing I’m all ears. (Send me a PM if you do - or post here). :horse_racing:t3::pray:t3:

Betway has a Cheltenham festival first and last race offer each day:

Terms & Conditions

Money Back as a Free Bet if you LOSE - First & Last race every day at the Cheltenham Festival
If your horse loses in the first and last race at Cheltenham each day, we’ll refund you with a Free Bet up to £/€10.

Need To Knows

When will I be credited? We will aim to credit within an hour, but please allow up to 24hrs.
How many free bets can I get? The max refund is £/€10 per customer per race.
Which bets qualify? Singles (win & win part of E/W) placed from the 3rd of March 2018 onwards. Your first bet qualifies with a minimum stake of £/€2.

Offer Terms
Minimum stake per bet £/€2 (or customer currency equivalent, see below table) - £/€2 win or £/€1 each way.
Maximum Free Bet £/€10 (or customer currency equivalent, see below table) per customer, per race.
Eligible bets must be placed on the first or last race each day at The Cheltenham Festival and can be seen here.
Applies to Single, pre-race, Race Winner bets only.
Only the win part of an Each-Way bet will be refunded.
Any Matchbets will not be eligible.
Only bets placed after 00:00 GMT on Saturday 3rd March, 2018 will be valid for the promotion.
Bets placed on enhanced price offers are considered alternative Markets and will not be eligible.
One Free Bet per customer, per race. First bet placed eligible.
Any bets resulting in a void, push, cash out or partial cash out result will not qualify.
Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offers on these events.
Real money bets only.
Promo ID – 134430.
Free Bet will be credited within 24 hours of bet being settled.
Free bets will expire 24 hours after being credited.
Accounts registered in the following countries will not be eligible for this offer: Armenia, Belarus, Croatia, Georgia, Germany, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russian Federation and Ukraine.

General Free Bet Terms
The Free Bet must be used in its entirety as a single transaction/bet.
The Free Bet cannot be used to place multi-line multiple bets (e.g. Trixie’s, Patents, Yankees etc.).
Should the Free Bet be placed on a selection that is later voided, the stake will be returned to your account as a Free Bet.
The Free Bet is non-refundable and the Free Bet stake is not included in any returns.
The maximum return on a Free Bet stake is £/€20,000 (or the customer currency equivalent).
Placement of a Free Bet on an each-way market is considered one bet (including the win and place portion). The return from this bet must be greater than the total value of the Free Bet placed for winnings to be paid out.
A redeemed Free Bet will not count towards qualification to view streamed events.
The following terms apply to all Betway promotional Free Bets (excluding the Free Bet Welcome Offer). Should you require assistance with any of these conditions, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Support.
The general terms & conditions shall apply to all interactions with Betway and must be read with all relevant promotional terms and conditions.
Unless specifically stated otherwise, all deposits have a playthrough of at least once (1), before a Free Bet specifically related to the deposit will be activated.
Betway Sports Promotions department will be the sole judge in respect of honouring any and all promotional offers. Betway Sports reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend any offer and its terms at any time, including the cancellation of the promotion without any prior notice. Any customer deviating from the promotional rules may be disqualified without notice.
Before any withdrawals are processed, your play will be reviewed for any irregular playing patterns. In the interests of fair gaming using a combination of bets which include both a Free Bet and cash on the same event to place equal, zero or low margin or hedge bets, shall all be considered irregular gaming for bonus wagering requirement purposes. Should Betway Sports deem that irregular game play has occurred, it reserves the right to withhold any withdrawals and/or confiscate all winnings.

William Hill have another offer if you like football and horse racing betting:

Bet £5/€5 on Stoke v Man City and get a £5/€5 free bet for Cheltenham Day 1

Bet a total of £5/€5 or more on Stoke v Man City (Monday 12th March 2018), and receive a £5/€5 free bet to use on any race at day 1 of the Cheltenham Festival (Tuesday 13th March 2018).

Significant Conditions

Min. stakes of a total of £5/€5 on the Stoke v Man City match only.
Bet must be placed at odds of 1/2 (1.5) or greater.
Singles only.
Bets must be placed before the final whistle.
If you Cash in your bet you will not qualify to receive a Free Bet.
Qualifying bets must be placed between 17:30 on Mon 26th February and the final whistle of Stoke v Man City.
Receive a free bet of £5/€5 to use on any Racecard Market on a scheduled race at Cheltenham Festival on Tues, 13 March 2018.
Free bet will be available by 09:00 on Tuesday 13th March 2018
Free Bet is non-refundable and may not be withdrawn.
Free Bet stake will be excluded from any winnings.
Free Bet cannot be partially redeemed.
Offer available to UK and Irish customers only.
With regards to Retail Betting, the qualifying bet must be placed using a registered PLUS card on a William Hill PLUS self-service betting terminal in-shop.
Terms and conditions apply.

Terms

Just found a few Unibet promotions on Cheltenham:

Terms and Conditions
Please note that this promotion will not be available to any customers receiving an on-site message confirming this.
Offer applies to customers located in UK and Ireland only.
To qualify, you must place a bet on the Unibet Champion Hurdle.
Bets must be at least £5 at minimum 2/5 (1.4) odds.
A maximum of one ticket per customer into the draw can be earned. Your first qualifying bet placed will earn this ticket.
There will be 10 winners who will share the prizepool. See table above for the prizepool.
Winners will be contacted on Wednesday 14th March, so ensure to check your account that day.
All offers are intended for recreational players and Unibet may limit the eligibility for this offer and limit stakes at its own discretion.
Unibet reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time.
General Unibet terms and conditions apply.

Another decent Unibet promo:

Terms and Conditions

Please note that this promotion will not be available to any customers receiving an on-site message confirming this.
Offer applies to customers located in UK and Ireland only.
The minimum and maximum stake to be eligible is £20. Bets higher than this amount will be refunded, but only to a maximum refund of £20. Bets lower than this amount will not be refunded.
Stakes will only be refunded if your selection finishes exactly second in the selected races each day. Results will be taken from and verified on www.racingpost.com
Refund will only be considered on your first winner bet per race at selected 2018 Cheltenham Festival races (see above for list of races). If you place more than one winner bet on any one race we will only refund your first placed on the market, if your selection comes 2nd.
Players will be refunded with £20 Cash.
Offer does not include each-way or placed bet markets.
Offer applies to single bets only.
You will receive your Cash refund within 24 hours of the race finishing, but we will aim to refund customers prior to this.
All offers are intended for recreational players and Unibet may limit the eligibility for this offer and limit stakes at its own discretion.
Unibet reserves the right to change or withdraw this promotion at any time.
General Unibet terms and conditions apply.