Cheltenham Tips & Offers 2018 - Day 1

Hey all - just seen this offer on Sky Bet so thought I would share plus also ask the Horse Racing fans of TFP to share their thoughts as me being a non horse racing person never know what horse to punt - often pick names I like or read a strangers tips on blogs like OddsCheckers Andy Holding - but think my best ever info was Big Al’s write up a few years ago on here made the first 3 days mega fun - though I shipped all my gains back on day 4 via the handicap races… it was carnage but think being even when all was said and done was fair enough. :sunglasses:

Read More (T&C’s)

Any way thought this would be a good thread to start where people can share offers they find (like one above) plus those who like horse racing or regularly bet on the GG’s could share their opinions with the rest of us who frequent TFP so us non GG followers can glean some insight and maybe make a few better educated punts as we take advantage of some of these offers. To me the above will be a free shot - £20 on a winner if not will get a free bet to stick on the outright Super Bowl LII winner or another horse in another race at Cheltenham. So it’s like 2 shots for my score (£20) rather than one. :horse_racing:t3:

They have that offer for each opening race over the 4 days Noel. It’s a great offer

1 Like

Bit quite on here but for the first time ever I have decided to pay real attention to this race and got the 4 days off work - so will be betting - alas my manager says not all the races are on TV (to make you go to book-makers) but will follow as best I can via TV and Internet.

Any way just thought I’d share this next offer William Hills sent me a message about:

Full Terms & Conditions

Also as my favourite horse racing oracle has not posted anything here as yet on Cheltenham I have been searching out other info / tips / guides and found a free PDF guide to the festival you can download here:

Guide To Cheltenham Festival 2018

ladbrokes doing the same offer

1 Like

Nice one - as I said I not checked every bookies offers as yet but when I come across ones that seem open to most I’ll share here.

Also not being a horse racing better not sure all the rules but if I put bets on now ante-post and horse does not run, isn’t entered or gets withdrawn before race do you get your stake back / bet voided - as that guide tips a few nags at bigger odds now and want to know if I have punts that should said horse not take part I’d like to know if I’d get my stake back or is that part of the bigger ante-post prices - a risk you run and your money is done even if the horse gets withdrawn or not entered in races you bet? :horse_racing:t3:

Just seen this offer on Paddy Power for all day 1 races:

Cheltenham Offer PP Day One

Full Terms and Conditions

Coral have the same offer as Sky on the first race of Cheltenham - so doing both could get two bites of the cherry:

Full T&C’s

Another decent Coral Offer for those wanting to punt ante-post without the added risk of ya nag not taking part:

Full T&C’s here

Loads are no runner no bet

All are listed here (oddschecker) along with the offer

1 Like

Some insurance for Cheltenham to if you bet with Coral - just make sure you only place your bets after 6pm the day before said race at the earliest (up until race off naturally):

More Info…

Cheers - Al - I am clearly a novice at this…

Love the skybet offer, they do it every year. Makes that first race all the more special. Worth noting that the refund is only for the win portion of a bet. So always go £20 win. If you did £10 each-way you’d only get a tenner back.

If my horse doesn’t win I use the free bet in a lucky 15 or similar multiple. Either on the following days races or later on in a football bet. Then rinse and repeat. (unless you get a winner of course)

Betway also doing money back as a free bet for the FIRST and LAST race each day. £10 max bet.

Bit disappointed stanjames has now reverted to unibet. Stan James used to give away a free fiver every day of the festival. That is no more.

Can’t wait, have the week booked off work and then the week after as well. Let’s hope for some nice winners!

1 Like

Hey all - just spotted this offer on BetVictor - it only needs a £1 bet on Cheltenham to qualify and is basically a prize draw with some decent free bet prizes so if you have a BV account gotta be worth opting in to and spending a quid on - it’s like buying a raffle ticket…

BV Cheltenham Prize Draw

What are the prizes?

1 x £200 free sports bets (Free Sports Bet)
2 x £100 free sports bets
5 x £50 free sports bets
10 x £20 free sports bets
10 x £10 free sports bets
50 x £1 free sports bets

Full Promotion Details

URGENT Unibet Cheltenham Tickets Prize Draw

Only a few hours left to qualify for this (literally just spotted it):

Full T&C’s here

Samcro is being backed to run in the Supreme with the ground potentially soft. Prices have been slashed in the last few days, however, bet365 still have him at a MASSIVE 14/1 and NRNB. If he does go Supreme this is an insane price, if he doesn’t you get your money back.

Oddschecker punters have been backing Elliott’s superstar to run in the Supreme over the Ballymore.

Samcro has been surprisingly backed for the Supreme Novices Hurdle in the last 48 hours with Oddschecker punters. Bookmakers Paddy Power and Sky Bet are as short as 6/4, whilst Bet365 have remained a massive 14/1 which can be secured under the Non Runner No Bet promotion.

Samcro has been confirmed to run in the Ballymore Novice Hurdle, of which he is as short as 1/2 with Bet365 and best priced at 10/11 with 188 Bet.

The rumours circulating over the possibilities of Samcro switching race is down to the fact that Gordon Elliott had suggested if the ground was to be anything more than soft, the extra distance would test him too much and so the Supreme would be the safer option.

With the recent horrific weather caused by Beast from the East, this has influenced punters that Gordon Elliott may well throw a spanner in the works and shock everyone and revert to the Supreme Novices.

@TheMalcyBarKid - Would you advise e/w or to win on Samcro in the Supreme Novices Hurdle?

I’ve backed it to win. With the NRNB offer it’s a nice looking punt.

Oh - I did £10 e/w. Fingers crossed it wins for both of us (if runs). :slight_smile: :horse_racing:t3:

1 Like

Only just noticed this but an extra free bet for any Paddy Power betters who do enough £10 bets this week (and last week to)…

Full terms and Conditions to be found here… (scroll down when opened)

Yeah backed Samcro @14s for this as well as a cover. Will go off short wherever it runs. Think it would need to be heavy ground to run here which is possible but unlikely. but a non risk bet so worth doing

1 Like