Ante-Post Horse Racing Bets

I know I shouldn’t, you all tell me I shouldn’t, but yet I still do… had a bet on the GG’s - now give me ya thoughts people I just had an ante post bet after reading some info on Odds Checker:

Yes can I be the first to tell you not to bet Ante Post, unless you have a 100-1 shot that you know will be running at half those odds in March.

Cheltenham is the most competitive event on the Horse Racing calendar. There are more betting firms than ever fighting for their share of the market.
I’m generalising here but I would guess almost 80/90% of horses will be available at larger prices on the day. You will be amazed at the value on offer during Cheltenham week. Just keep your powder dry for now.

Okay Dean - Now this is not ante-post but you said someone like me would win this as I know nothing so just threw away £2 on the Scoop6 horse thingy picking names I liked, thoughts:

Great jumper, has tons of ability but I think he likes it pretty soft. Not sure it’ll be that at the festival, but at 16s, it’s a live one.

1 Like

Cheers Chris - again not ante-post but trying to find a reason not to follow these tips… I know nothing so like I follow Brads probs like to follow others advice so could you run your eyes over these two pages of tips for today and tell me why I should or should not follow in… was think of working on £5 a point.

Odds Checker - Andy Holding Tips

Pro2Punters - Free Horse Racing Tips for Saturday

He’s definitely one of the better tipsters, so if you are going to follow one, he’s not a bad choice. He’s often on William Hill radio, and I know he’s connected to a sports trading outfit too (betting early and trying to trade the price, usually laying off shorter), so he’s got fingers in many pies.

Tullow Tonic - stepping into handicaps for the first time with a low mark. Can see it improving now but not the sort of race i’d get involved in. He’s by Beneficial who’s progeny usually prefer faster ground, so that would be a flag because theres not enough evidence yet that he’ll handle todays bog.

Kingscourt Native - Switching back to hurdles after falling over fences always worries me, is unexposed but wouldn’t be for me. The trainer is having a great year mind.

Thomas Hobson - Was very decent on the flat, and showed he likes soft ground. If he jumps a bit better he’s got every chance. Mullins wouldn’t have bought him over just for the passport stamps.

Joshua Lane - 3rd in the Festival bumper two years ago so clearly has ability. Hasn’t shown much so far over hurdles but now he’s got a low handicap mark I can see the angle. Don’t generally bet in Irish racing due to number of horses who seem not to be trying that hard. He’s interesting off a rating of 118.

Cheers Chris shame I only see this now as after I posted I got itchy fingers so did £5 a point on all the P2P tips - shame some of the odds come right in as you say people trading I guess gonna post my slips on another thread in a min - probably done me bread but be happy to be a little up or settle for breaking even - as I never follow races at least posting here with others help they may be able to work out how I fair - knowing my luck down but I live in hope!

Edit - there up My Sat Horse bets