2019 Fan Pub Fun League

(1) Introduction

Hello folks!

The Fan Pub Fun League has been running for three seasons now and still seems to have some life in it, so I am happy to run it again for 2019! As always, I will be tweaking some of the roster and scoring set ups to keep people on their toes, but the fundamentals are still: low stakes, flexible line ups, 14 teams so everyone gets to play everyone else, and 6 making the playoffs.

Main description of the league is in post (2)

The sign up list is in post (3) – I will let last year’s managers have a chance to get back in first, before opening it to the general public.

Details of the scoring and roster rules are in post (4)

Details of the bonus game are in post (5)

(2) Basic league set up

14 teams: all in one division, so every team plays every other team once only from weeks 1 to 13.

Playoffs:
week 14, 3rd seed plays 6th seed, 4th seed plays 5th seed. 1st and 2nd seed get a bye
week 15, 1st seed plays the lowest remaining seed, 2nd seed plays the remaining team
week 16: the final

Cost of entry: £30 – this will give a £420 pot, all of which will be returned as prizes
WINNER: £150
RUNNER UP: £90
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
…plus I will run a bonus prediction game, with the remaining £60 as a prize for the winner

Online draft – date to be agreed – we can discuss once enough managers are signed up. Expect it to be during the pre-season games.

League is on the nfl website at http://fanpubfun.league.fantasy.nfl.com

To enter the league, paypal me the £30 stake at allhailzippy@gmail.com – on your paypal message let me know your thefanpub.com user name, and your team name (if you played last year, you are welcome to keep the same name or choose a shiny brand new one!).
I will then add you to the sign up list below

(if for any reason you can’t use paypal, send me a direct message on this site and I will make alternative arrangements.

(3) Sign up list

This is open to last year’s managers to start with. You have until the end of June to pay if you want to be in. If you weren’t in last year but are interested, let me know and I will add you to the waiting list.

From July 1, I will offer open spaces in the league to those on the waiting list, and then finally to the wider world…

If any manager from last year is definitely NOT playing, it’d be really handy if you could let me know, so I don’t waste time chasing you for an answer!

(owner / TFP user name / team name)

1. Jon / JonCartwright / Southampton Sprouts
  2. Alan R. / Alan_Feelers / Zeke will be a big hit
  3. Ian W / grecian2010 / Grecian Toffee Bengals
  4. Shane / shanew1705 / Barkley Boyz
  5. Dan N / flacco2012 / Ain’t got a Kalou
  6. Malcolm / TheMalcyBarKid / Bite my shiny metal Defence
  7. David / David_Garcia_Fernandez / t b c
  8. Sean / Outsiders68 / Bi Polar Bears
  9. Ian J. / falbravo / Kicker Conspiracy
  10. Mike L. / Mike2104 / The Rickety Crickets
  11. Mike M. / YellowMoney / FlyEaglesFly
  12. Matt E / melstone / Forgot about Le’
  13. Danny Haworth / t b c
  14. Dan C / otleyroad / Otley Road Patriots

(4) League rules

Team Roster

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
2 TE
1 flex: RB or WR or TE

1 superflex: QB or RB or WR or TE

5 Bench spots for a total of 14 on each team’s roster

(Trying a year without kicker and defence – if people hate it, they will be back for 2020! And also increasing the starting line up from 8 to 9 players, which means you will have one fewer bench spot than last season, which should force people to be more active in dropping and picking up players when there are injuries or bye weeks)

General settings

I will use NFL defaults where possible – so for example:

• Waiver wire will be reverse order of standings so lowest ranked team gets first pick
  • If two teams are level in the league the tiebreaker will be their head-to-head result

I will randomise the fixture schedule after the draft is complete and before the season starts

Scoring settings

For individual players:

Passing: 1 point per 25 yards, 6 points per passing TD, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Rushing: 1 point per 10 yards, 8 points per rushing TD, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Receiving: 1 point per 10 yards, 10 points per receiving TD, 0.5 points per reception, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Returning (Kick Off / Punt): 8 points per return TD

(you will notice I have upped the fantasy points for all categories of touchdown – to make them more valuable relative to yardage)

(5) Bonus competition

Before the league draft, each manager needs to send me:

• A list of the 4 teams that they think will be the NFL 2019 post season wild-cards
  • A single number for the total amount of points that will be scored in the NFL 2019 wild-card weekend

I will circulate a list of all predictions once I have received them all.

Whoever correctly names the most Wild Card teams wins the £60 prize.

If two or more people name the same number of correct Wild Card teams, then I will use their guesses for the total wild-card weekend points as a tie breaker

If two or more people are somehow still tied after that, I will split the prize!

I’ll be back again for more fun!!

1 Like

I’ll be back most definitely!

1 Like

Sounds good, count me in again :grinning:

1 Like

Put me in the waiting list.
sounds fun …

1 Like

It certainly is!

I think i’m going to duck out this year, taking a break from fantasy as not really feeling it at the moment. Thanks for the fun!

No problem Chris - thanks for playing and hope to have you back in the future!

Fun dollars sent. :money_with_wings::money_with_wings::money_with_wings:

1 Like

Hi David - one of last year’s players has confirmed he won’t be playing this year - so a place is yours if you want it :+1:

Yeah, I am in.

Is this still the way to proceed?

Yep

Money sent :moneybag:

1 Like

received - cheers, Ian !

Hello Jon, interested if there is any spaces available?

Cheers

Afternoon! Yep, 10 signed up, 4 spaces left - you’d be welcome to join!