2018 Fan Pub Fun League

(1) Introduction

Hi folks!
The Fan Pub Fun League has gone down well for the last two seasons, so I am happy to run it again for 2018. A few tweaks to the rules here and there, but essentially still – low stakes, flexible line up, 14 teams so everyone gets to play everyone else, and 6 making the playoffs. The main thing to note is we are going with a Superflex option this year – in other words you have to play at least 1 QB in your line up, but you can optionally play a second. This should shake up the values of the different positions.

Main description of the league is in post (2)
The sign up list is in post (3) – I will let last year’s managers have a chance to get back in first, then I have a few people on the waiting list, and then if we haven’t filled the league I will open it to the general public.

Details of the scoring and roster rules are in post (4)
Then we can start counting down till football is back!!

(2) Basic league set up

14 teams: all in one division, so every team plays every other team once only from weeks 1 to 13.

Playoffs:
week 14, 3rd seed plays 6th seed, 4th seed plays 5th seed. 1st and 2nd seed get a bye
week 15, 1st seed plays the lowest remaining seed, 2nd seed plays the remaining team
week 16: the final

Cost of entry: £30 – this will give a £420 pot, all of which will be returned as prizes
WINNER: £150
RUNNER UP: £90
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
SEMI FINAL LOSER: £60
…plus I will run a Survivor Pool game on the nfl.com site, just for the 14 of us, with the remaining £60 as a prize for the winner

Online draft – date to be agreed – I will run a poll once I have got managers signed up. Expect it to be second half of August.

League is on the nfl.com site at http://fanpubfun.league.fantasy.nfl.com

To enter the league paypal me the £30 stake at allhailzippy@gmail.com – on your paypal message let me know your thefanpub.com user name, and your team name (if you played last year, you are welcome to keep the same name or choose a shiny brand new one!).
I will then mark you as paid on the sign up list below

(if for any reason you can’t use paypal, send me a direct message on this site and I will make alternative arrangements)

(3) Sign up list

For now, I have put all last year’s managers’ names up here. I will set them to bold once they have paid. You have until the end of June to pay if you want to be in. From July 1, I will offer open spaces in the league to the guys on the waiting list, and once they have all had a chance, I will offer any remaining spaces to the wider world…

If any manager from last year is definitely NOT playing, it’d be really handy if you could let me know, so I don’t waste time chasing you for an answer!

(owner / TFP user name / team name)
1. Jon / JonCartwright / Southampton Sprouts
2. Malcolm / @TheMalcyBarKid / Bite my shiny metal defence
3. Connor / @BIG_C / Flint’s Marauders
4. Alan R. / Alan_Feelers / Zeke will be a big hit
5. Lee / @lmjc / Suh Tang Clan
6. Mike / @Mike2104 / The Rickety Crickets
7. Ian J. / @falbravo / Kicker Conspiracy
8. Shani / @Shani
9. Sean / @Outsiders68 / Bi Polar Bears
10. Chris W / @Oselly / Braavos Bankers
11. James Taylor / jrt5555
12. Dan N. / @Flacco2012 / Ain’t Got a Kalou
13. Ian W. / @grecian2010 / Grecian Toffee Bengals
14. Shane / shanew1705 / Barkley Boyz

Waiting list

1. Shani / @Shani IN !!
  2. Mark / @markdimmock812 PASS !!
  3. James / @jrt55555. IN !!
  4. David G F / @David_Garcia_Fernand
  5. James Mallin / @thandouk
  6. Andy Apps / @AndyA
  7. Al Zreik / @Alan_Zreik
  8. MikeYellow

(4) League rules

Team Line up
1 QB
1 RB
1 WR
1 TE
1 flex: RB or WR or TE
1 superflex:QB or RB or WR or TE
1 K
1 Defence
6 Bench spots for a total of 14 on each team’s roster

General settings
…will use NFL default
i.e. Waiver wire will be reverse order of standings so lowest ranked team gets first pick
i.e. if two teams are level in the league the tiebreaker will be their head-to-head result
I will randomise the fixture schedule after the draft is complete and before the season starts

Scoring settings

For individual players:

Passing: 1 point per 20 yards, 5 points per passing TD, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Rushing: 1 point per 10 yards, 6 points per rushing TD, 0.2 points per carry, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Receiving: 1 point per 10 yards, 6 points per receiving TD, 0.5 points per reception, 2 points per 2-pt conversion

Returning (Kick Off / Punt): 6 points per return TD

Kicking: 3 points per successful PAT or field goal, minus 2 points per unsuccessful PAT or field goal

For team defence:

The points conceded category is removed.
The points for return touchdowns are removed.
To compensate: Sacks score 2 pts (normally 1), Interceptions score 3 pts (normally 2), Fumble recovered scores 3 pts (normally 2), Safeties score 3 points (normally 2)
A defensive touchdown scores 6 and a defensive 2-point return scores 2 (standard scoring)

A reminder of the all time records for the league (including the commissioner’s dismal 9-17 record…!)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukqXfoZLJ1lJcnw-DJ-Ky7xdCTnP1ylE/view

World Champions of Fun reporting for duty.

Money sent.

2 Likes

I’ll be in!

1 Like

Count me in for another season of mid table obscurity… Just like the Dolphins!

1 Like

I’ll be back as I’ve had the most fun

1 Like

I’ll be back for this, it’s just so much FUN!

1 Like

I’ll be in, will get the money over to you end of the month

2 Likes

I’m interested

1 Like

Cheers James, have added you to the league waiting list

I see you have enough on waiting list but if for some reason it doesnt fill would be happy to put my pennys worth in mate

1 Like

Have added you to the waiting list just in case mate

Payment sent!

Thanks Chris - money received. That’s 5 paid now, everyone else still has a month!

Payment Sent

1 Like

How many more do you need on the waiting list to start another league