2015 Live Drafts - Surrey

Thank you dude, sorry if I’m being a pain.

Given that we’ve got a pretty much guaranteed attendance for each of the draft days, no harm in booking a place or double checking that it’s all fine with the manager. It all worked out really well last year, but it is a bank holiday weekend this time round.

1 Like

I expect I’ll be driving too so can do a bit of ferrying about as well.

Very kind Oselly, where you coming from?

Down from Norwich so should be 2.5 hours each way with reasonable traffic I hope!

Are you one of the new guys this season dude?

I popped in as promised last weekend but alas the assistant manager said the manager (guy I arranged with) is on holiday but he checked the book and it was written in about my drafts so he didn’t see a problem with it. I pushed him cause of what you guys said and he said he couldn’t make promises not being the manager but the bank holiday Sunday just gone he said he worked and they was quiet in his opinion and thinks the next one would be the same as it’s summer - think people prefer roasts in winter… he also mentioned the meeting rooms next door in the hotel but I said no we discounted them last year as they cost £££’s… to which the manager said well if there’s a whole group of you buying beer or whatever for hours and the place is busy the manager just may offer one of them but again he couldn’t make the offer not being the boss. With that he took one of the TFP business cards and stapled it to the page where our draft booking was written and said when the manager comes back off of holiday he would have a word and get him to call me if he thinks there will be a problem. So from this I would say lets go with the plan - as we did last year - play it by ear and all will work out as am sure after my Saturday event and a do-over on Sunday they will welcome the business and work with us.

Trust BLM - your commish!

PS I will also be doing my Premier League Draft in there before our NFL draft weekend so again can have a word with the manager if he is on that day and will be in there for several hours so can see how busy it gets on a Summer Saturday. I am hoping I can get him to come on here as he has indicated to me he likes NFL but only casually - he does not have a team… maybe you can all make him feel welcome - maybe we can make him more of a fan!

1 Like

Top stuff LM, thanks for doing that!!

I don’t think too many drank early last time but many of us are planning scoffing so that might be enough to get us s room if need be.

We’re staying over at some friend’s house in Redhill that weekend and I’m planning on showing up early at the carvery … somewhere around 11:30 … and I shall try and ‘take over’ our area:-)

Noel, do you want me to bring the tablet again this year or have you found something different to use as a timer between draft picks?

Only 10 weeks, 1 day, 3 hours and 44 minutes till I get there lol

That would be great Anders as alas I have not looked into getting a timer - I wonder if things exist on the market as there must be lots of live timed drafts stateside for all there sports… so yes please bring ya tablet if it’s no trouble.

That’s no problem at all Noel and FYI I’m also up for curry and drinks after the draft on the Sunday.

1 Like

Booked Travelodge £30 - Bargain :smile:

Blimey, that is a bargain… might be worth mentioning to the feelers as it would be good if those guys stayed back too. My last train is apparently at 2319 on a Sunday so I’m good.

I’m sorry Gordon but that’s not late enough … get yourself one of those Travelodge deals that Dean got

1 Like

lol if this was a Sat night I would be all over it. Given its a Sunday night in RH I think everything will be closed by 11pm.

…its Bank Holiday

But it’s a bank holiday Monday so not sure if that changes opening times for places… depends what their licences say I guess. Hell if needs be stock up on alcohol and pile in hotel rooms - lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say get a room the Saturday night rather than the Sunday to come on the pub crawl (as we noticed last time many venues have music the Saturday night) and am sure many open later on the Saturday night being weekend and perhaps have a late licence. Those of you not doing my new bigger stakes IDP league could join us early for a Carvery and meet managers from the new league plus then while I do that leagues draft if the weather is nice there is a park 5 mins walk away and you could all go for that throw down - make a video of the event. Just an idea but I’d love to have as many of you as can be on the pub jaunt - I mean big group is fun like when we went to the pub in Reading prior to real draft this year - we make our own entertainment by chatting. Gonna be wicked if Redhill gets invaded by NFL wearing people - people a think what’s going on here… lol

Ok admittedly I’ve been in a spin with the new born but feel more comfortable now! Apologise for the lameness of asking this way but have a few reminders/ questions
1-date was moved to when?
2-have we pId already ?
3-when is KO this time around - I owe Sean a lunch so want to be there plenty early!

What’s wrong in drinking from a brown paper bag on the corner of a tattoo parlour :smile:

You don’t think I forgot do you lol